Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^yup

im trying like all hell to find a HK seller that can confirm they have a set with purple head for sale. arggghh drving me crazy. want this so bad but feel like i would be happier with purple head so i search.

those purple head alone auctions are supect as all hell. they say the item they send may vary in color from what is shown. anyone win one and get the infamous purple head?

if anyone doesnt care what color the head is and they have purple holla at me. PLS!! <---yeah im dreaming i know. :(

I guess the purple head is a deal breaker for you huh? If you have the piece in hand, it really REALLY gets overshadowed by the pred itself, but i guess if it sticks out like a sore thumb to you then :( is the way to go, good luck on the auction hunt! :hi5:

I guess the purple head is a deal breaker for you huh? If you have the piece in hand, it really REALLY gets overshadowed by the pred itself, but i guess if it sticks out like a sore thumb to you then :( is the way to go, good luck on the auction hunt! :hi5:

thks chubby! :)

i think i prefer the purple so much cuz you can line it up with the alien bod on the base and it looks like its fresh cut and the pred hasnt picked it up yet. the red looks weird/off lined up.

i do get the feeling in-hand the pred will overshadow this small detail but for the price, yeah i tend to get nit-picky.

you got yours from BBTS yeah? sans the alien head color all was fine? cannon was good and right shoudler upper arm armor wasnt missng peg to attach etc.?

if i find a seller with purple alien heads in the sets he/she has i will post bout it here for those like me.

^^yup

im trying like all hell to find a HK seller that can confirm they have a set with purple head for sale. arggghh drving me crazy. want this so bad but feel like i would be happier with purple head so i search.

those purple head alone auctions are supect as all hell. they say the item they send may vary in color from what is shown. anyone win one and get the infamous purple head?

if anyone doesnt care what color the head is and they have purple holla at me. PLS!! <---yeah im dreaming i know. :(

Actually I won one auction for the base and one for the purple head from "m.y.online" on Ebay. He sent me the Hot Toys sealed box containing the stand and the purple head. I bought both of these on Sept 20 before any one knew there was 2 versions of the head. I know for sure then that he had the purple ones back then. He has an auction for the purple head now again on Ebay.

Actually I won one auction for the base and one for the purple head from "m.y.online" on Ebay. He sent me the Hot Toys sealed box containing the stand and the purple head. I bought both of these on Sept 20 before any one knew there was 2 versions of the head. I know for sure then that he had the purple ones back then. He has an auction for the purple head now again on Ebay.

thks for the info! if he had a complete set i would be buyin right now. will watch the head he has for sale.

cheers. :)

you wouldnt entertain any offers on your purple head....would you? ;)
i apologize couldnt help myself, desperate to put a end to me search and get this fig in-hand.
:gah:

update-
for those interested HK seller "abc" has only sets with the red head for sale.

Last edited:
thks chubby! :)

i think i prefer the purple so much cuz you can line it up with the alien bod on the base and it looks like its fresh cut and the pred hasnt picked it up yet. the red looks weird/off lined up.

i do get the feeling in-hand the pred will overshadow this small detail but for the price, yeah i tend to get nit-picky.

you got yours from BBTS yeah? sans the alien head color all was fine? cannon was good and right shoudler upper arm armor wasnt missng peg to attach etc.?

if i find a seller with purple alien heads in the sets he/she has i will post bout it here for those like me.

yup, everything is fine, except the magnets in the helmet were not glued to the helmet itself but that was an easy fix with super glue.

thks for the info! if he had a complete set i would be buyin right now. will watch the head he has for sale.

cheers. :)

you wouldnt entertain any offers on your purple head....would you? ;)
i apologize couldnt help myself, desperate to put a end to me search and get this fig in-hand.
:gah:

update-
for those interested HK seller "abc" has only sets with the red head for sale.

No worries.:) One thing though I would do before bidding is send him a message and confirm it indeed is purple. You never know he may of ran out of the purple ones.

yup, everything is fine, except the magnets in the helmet were not glued to the helmet itself but that was an easy fix with super glue.

thks! :)

No worries.:) One thing though I would do before bidding is send him a message and confirm it indeed is purple. You never know he may of ran out of the purple ones.

ahhh thats some damn good advice will do, cheers! :)

What is the thing with the purple head anyway why not just buy the whole figure? Are just wait to buy the whole figure when the demand goes down?

initialy when this figure shipped and landed in hong kong and we saw reviews and in-hand pics the alien head was purple and matched the body on the base. then when Sideshow preorders started shipping it was seen that the head was a diff color. like a red/yellow not the purple seen in the HK pics. so long story short alot complained to SS and they replied it was suppose to be like this, due to Aliens blood loss. some believe some dont and think it was a excuse to not recall or make more heads.

so you have some like me that preffer the purple head and some that dont mind etc.

Should you have to pay a customizer to get what was advertised on a figure that retails for nearly 400 dollars shipped?

This thread is a great example of why companies like SSC thinks its ok to raise prices and lower quality at the same time.
400 action figure ships with an error and the general consensus is: Meh....

Side note
Welcome and love the name :)
I agree Predators are the bomb

Last edited:
well some people don't want to waste time going after SSC's butt and have the money to have it painted...

And it's not like HT and SSC are going to do anything about it AT THIS POINT, not say they won't in the future, but that's the future, so now, most we CAN do is get it painted. We AREN'T willing to take a QC error for 400 dollars, but personally, I think it looks fine brown or purple head, so I'm not going to chase anyone down for it.
If something like this was a recurring thing, then of course Hot toys will not be getting my money. But the previous releases (red skull, black suit spider-man, batman 1989, joker etc) have been solid.

Hey who knows maybe hot toys ran out of purple paint and then with the more brown color but I don't see why people want the purple head I mean it looks cool and all but an xenomorph is black not purple and it isn't the figure itself it just a base.

Why not just get someone to repaint the heads then if they dont like it like seriously theres alot of painters on sideshowfreaks?

Hey who knows maybe hot toys ran out of purple paint and then with the more brown color but I don't see why people want the purple head I mean it looks cool and all but an xenomorph is black not purple and it isn't the figure itself it just a base.

:panic: :panic: :panic:

on my brown head right in the middle area on the sides i can see a small patch of deep purple/red sprayed paint but is significantly small. the head is obviously still brown/red though.

mcfarlane and kotobukiya alien figures i've seen are glossy black colored. hasbro versions of aliens vary anywhere from black, grayish black, and brown. hasbro warrior alien is brown with black wash and a laquered looking brown head.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-C2POQ4MaLnQ/T7-RvObtp_I/AAAAAAAACvg/UaxDXoJhIdA/s1600/AR+Figures+01.jpg

But can you really tell the true color of an xenomorph I mean the hybrid is green I think the dog is brown and the queen and the others look to be black but let's get back on subject.

It's an artist conception of what an alien and predator look like not what's in the movies. In that light it's kinda cool! As far as the controversy as to the alien head doesn't really matter. It was explained in an email from Sideshow that it was the artist(Takeya),intention to make it look that way.That's good enough for me. Once you get this bad boy displayed the color of the alien head is moot

It's an artist conception of what an alien and predator look like not what's in the movies. In that light it's kinda cool! As far as the controversy as to the alien head doesn't really matter. It was explained in an email from Sideshow that it was the artist(Takeya),intention to make it look that way.That's good enough for me. Once you get this bad boy displayed the color of the alien head is moot

Now explain why some of the heads are purple.

I'll take that a step further.
Explain why some of the severed heads are purple, but all of the bases are purple.

I don't think anyone would be griping if the two pieces matched.
Funny how OMG got a perfectly matching set btw.

They way it was explained to me was that the original coloring of the Alien is the same as the severed head. It's the body of the beast, because of the coagulated "body fluids " that turn the body purple.It is a artist attempt to represent recent blood loss. If this is factual then the "purple heads" are the wrong color(at least envisioned by the artists involved).Perhaps many of the heads were painted purple because the painters thought it was wrong too. I would prefer the head the same color as the body, like many of us, but it really doesn't take away how awesome this figure is!

there's hope for guys who want a purple head. this one just sold for $89 shipped from hong kong. price is going down from $230 last time. for me buying it isn't the problem. it's the chances of getting a faked out head that bothers me. i wouldn't be able to tell if it's an original factory paint or some dude's handywork especially if done well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-scale-...O6OQtc7L3lbkULYpITKrJig=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Last edited:
Back