Hot Toys Avengers Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I gotta laugh at Hawkeye and Black Widow . . . we've got an Asgardian god, a WWII Supersoldier, a weaponized armor platform worn by a genius and the Hulk, yet somehow a dude with freaking arrows and a chick with a SIG Sauer are supposed to be crucial members? :rotfl

Keep in mind this is Joss Whedon here. Expect many scenes focusing on Black Widow just staring off into space as if her exitance is the most facinating thing in the world and inexplicably being able to beat up guy's twice her size.

Come to think of it, we are lucky she isn't the main character.

Last edited:
SCENE: on board the Quinjet, heading to the final mega-battle

FURY: We are hopelessly outnumbered by swarms of muthafraking aliens wielding advanced muthafraking technology! They will strike down upon us with great vengeance and furious anger! It's Earth's final hour! What can stand against them?

HAWKEYE: Hey bro, I've got a bow and arrows!

BLACK WIDOW: I have a handgun and three clips of ammo!

FURY: [clasps hands together and looks skyward] We're saved!

:rock2

:goodpost: PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been away from this thread for too long. So help me understand...so far N. Fury is the first in the Avengers line to see the light of day?

Must.order.Nick.Fury.

I dunno, Whedon loves female characters.

Oh look, another person who ACTUALLY knows Joss Whedon. Thank you my dear friend. At least you and I know what Joss is like. BW will not be sidelined. He's going to make her so bad ass, and she's going to stand out.

Buffy - The lead, the slayer, the strongest.
Willow - the badass witch.
Anya - Awesome ex-Demon.
Cordelia - Super-being.
Zoe - Uh, again...badass.
River - WHOA...she can kill you with her brain.

Do I need to go on? ;)

lol that's just nonsense

Not if you know Joss Whedon....

Like not owning the Avengers group was ever an option. :lol

Right?!

Tru dat.

I'll admit that Thor, Cap and BW can be replaced and I wouldn't blink twice, but not RDJ. :nono

Not that Hemsworth, Evans and Scar didn't play their parts well, they most certainly did.

But RDJ will always be Stark for me.

I would be extremely upset if ScarJo was replaced by another actor. Just like you feel about IM...

...and don't put me down for the new Cap in his modern outfit- I'm sorry but it is hideous........:slap

...and don't put me down for the new Cap in his modern outfit- I'm sorry but it is hideous........:slap

I'll take one. I like it.

Scarlett_johansson_Black_Widow_Avengers_13.jpg

Well Widow and Hawkeye are both SHIELD agents. The general feeling I get is that they're there to keep the rest in line. To put it another way…

You have…
- An untrained billionaire with questionable morals at the wheel of a weapon of mass destruction.

- As Stark puts it, a green rage monster.

- A megalomaniacal alien who thinks he's a god.

- A man from the 1940s who has no clue what the ____ is going on in the 2010s.

- And then you have two highly trained military operatives who have actual combat experience and knowledge of group dynamics and how to function as a unit.

Everyone brings different things to the table. It's why teams like this are fun. I guess the appeal of incongruity is lost on some people. A Justice League of all Kryptonians would get boring fast.

Kee-rist, some fanboys will instantly White Knight these poor corporate-owned franchises if anyone offers the slightest criticism.

As a lifelong Marvel fan I'm very much looking forward to this movie, although this early trailer looks rather unremarkable to me . . . without the characters it could be just another Transformers CGI spectacle.

Of course the whole premise is ridiculous so my belief is fully suspended, but having two de-powered SHIELD agents alongside the Titans Four makes me chuckle.

Fanboys may attempt to Nolan-ize this by rationalizing their presence but--if ultra-realism does belong in a comic book movie--then why aren't Hawkeye & BW sporting tactical vests, body armor, and big farking guns?
Why not a tank?
Maybe ultra-realism doesn't belong in superhero flicks?

Anyway, with this many top-tier characters, I think HT will explore most of this line. Thor and Black Widow will probably be last, but they will likely have updated releases as well.

______

Well Widow and Hawkeye are both SHIELD agents. The general feeling I get is that they're there to keep the rest in line. To put it another way…

You have…
- An untrained billionaire with questionable morals at the wheel of a weapon of mass destruction.

- As Stark puts it, a green rage monster.

- A megalomaniacal alien who thinks he's a god.

- A man from the 1940s who has no clue what the ____ is going on in the 2010s.

- And then you have two highly trained military operatives who have actual combat experience and knowledge of group dynamics and how to function as a unit.

Everyone brings different things to the table. It's why teams like this are fun. I guess the appeal of incongruity is lost on some people. A Justice League of all Kryptonians would get boring fast.

Thor's not exactly an alien.... half-alien would be a more apt description, his mother being Mother Earth, Gaea (non-ape/human though)

non-human, half-earthling, pure god....

Perseus for example: Half-human/half-god

i can understand why hawkeye is on the battlefield with the others, but why is black widow with them as well ? I never saw her as the direct confront type, maybe stealth ops and but no like that....

Kee-rist, some fanboys will instantly White Knight these poor corporate-owned franchises if anyone offers the slightest criticism.

As a lifelong Marvel fan I'm very much looking forward to this movie, although this early trailer looks rather unremarkable to me . . . without the characters it could be just another Transformers CGI spectacle.

Of course the whole premise is ridiculous so my belief is fully suspended, but having two de-powered SHIELD agents alongside the Titans Four makes me chuckle.

Fanboys may attempt to Nolan-ize this by rationalizing their presence but--if ultra-realism does belong in a comic book movie--then why aren't Hawkeye & BW sporting tactical vests, body armor, and big farking guns?
Why not a tank?
Maybe ultra-realism doesn't belong in superhero flicks?

Anyway, with this many top-tier characters, I think HT will explore most of this line. Thor and Black Widow will probably be last, but they will likely have updated releases as well.

______

Was that in response to me? If it is I'm confused. I agree (I think you're saying this?) that ultra-realism or even just normal realism doesn't really belong in Marvel or DC superhero movies. Doing too much of that I think can do ruin them. The fun of the whole concept is the fantasy of it. If you try to ground it too much in reality it starts to suck because what made it fun in the first place gets sapped out of it.

Getting off topic but I also think Nolan's Batman just has the patina of realism without the actual realism. The Batmobile is a good example, being something that looks "gritty and real" but in actuality is a ridiculously impractical design. Same thing with the Batpod or even the Batsuit. Which is actually a good thing.

There is something to be said about an ordinary human standing toe to toe with "Gods", that is half of Batman's appeal if you look across the way at the rival company. Black Widow on top of being a woman, being able to stand toe to toe and kick ass with something that is giving Captain America, Thor, Iron Man makes her more badass. In the comics she fought openly with many Avengers members and even kept up with guys like Wolverine without blinking. That is part of her appeal, she is fearless. Given Joss' track record with female characters, I would say he will play up that angle beyond belief and I wouldn't be shocked if you saw ScarJo walk up and punch and alien in the face without flinching.

i can understand why hawkeye is on the battlefield with the others, but why is black widow with them as well ? I never saw her as the direct confront type, maybe stealth ops and but no like that....

Yeah i was wondering how a glock 26 would fare against those bikers :lol

There is something to be said about an ordinary human standing toe to toe with "Gods", that is half of Batman's appeal if you look across the way at the rival company. Black Widow on top of being a woman, being able to stand toe to toe and kick ass with something that is giving Captain America, Thor, Iron Man makes her more badass. In the comics she fought openly with many Avengers members and even kept up with guys like Wolverine without blinking. That is part of her appeal, she is fearless. Given Joss' track record with female characters, I would say he will play up that angle beyond belief and I wouldn't be shocked if you saw ScarJo walk up and punch and alien in the face without flinching.

Exactly. Part of the appeal of the whole world of superheroes is that whole dynamic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back