Hot Toys Avengers Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SO HOW TALL IS HULK gonna be ,from watching preview ? 18 inches at least while hunched over maybe ..WHAT Ya THINK HOW TALL ? DOOM DOOM DOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM SMAASHHHHHHH!!! THE HULK IS COMING SOON...GET READY FOR a AWESOME COMIC CON :rock:rock:rock

After finally seeing Mark VII in action I'm now really looking forward to seeing the HT version

guy on facebook wants a 25" hulk dont get it myself ,will look totally out of proportion to everything else in my collection....ideally 14, 15" max, but broad and bulky and green.......would also love to see them do somthing with the head so it sits low on the chest with maybe the back muscles showing

Wow Tony has grown white hair already...wonder how many years this movie is set after the first Iron Man movie.

That aside, I can't wait to see HT's take on the VII! The blend of red, gold and silver really looks awesome. And I think it looks bulkier than any of the previous Marks.

RDJ had grey hair in the first film, most notably his facial hair but they colored it for the movie.

AvengersAliens.jpg

Any guesses?

Remember that Skrulls are shape-changers, so how they appear varies.

After his exile from Asgard, Loki likely subjugated some race from the Nine Worlds for his evil deeds.

Does their identity really matter to the non-comic reading movie audience?

Not really . . . Loki's army may have a name that's a nod to Marvel fans, but they're essentially Hulk-fodder -- akin to Star Trek redshirts or Star Wars battle droids.

Gotta say the Mark 7 looks like doo-doo to me. Too clunky, junky and War Machine-like. Like Bob Layton has said, each successive armor design should become sleeker, leaner, and more streamlined. They're going in the other direction, IMO. Gotta sell more toys, I suppose. :dunno

And I gotta laugh at Hawkeye and Black Widow . . . we've got an Asgardian god, a WWII Supersoldier, a weaponized armor platform worn by a genius and the Hulk, yet somehow a dude with freaking arrows and a chick with a SIG Sauer are supposed to be crucial members? :rotfl

Seems like Hawkeye and BW would be road pizza pretty damn quick . . .

___

I believe the Mark 7 looks like it does for a very specific reason. The armors have gotten sleeker and more streamlined but they have gotten that way because of the story concepts behind them. The one thing that has held true for all the Iron Man designs and why I love them so much is that they have all been concept driven.

You could see long before we knew it, just by looking at the design, that War Machine was built on top of the Mark II. The design looks like what it is.

So… if the Mark 7 looks like War Machine it's for a very good reason. It could be a re-fitted War Machine armor. Or like I have guessed it could look like War Machine since it's a more heavily outfitted Mark III much in the same way War Machine is a more heavily outfitted Mark II. Early on I was thinking it was possible that the Mark 7 wasn't Stark at all but an Iron Man suit made and piloted by SHIELD personelle based on the scene at the end of Iron Man 2.

Whatever it turns out to be, I'm fairly certain given Saunder's involvement that the design looks like it does for a story reason.

^ I'd say Mk. 7 is a completely new build for aerial combat (Mk 2/3/4/5/6 specifically for ground threats and flight, not aerial combat/fight)... this is actually Stark's first armor with back rockets/repulsors, freeing up the arms/hands.

Stark rebuilding based on MK.3?... He can rebuild based on Mk.4 (or even Mk.6... even the chest repulsor on Mk.6 is also round, the tri-angle window is superficial cosmetics, without function, may even inhibit the uni-beam):
post-5392-1328492099.jpg

The Mark 7 shares a lot of design similarities with the III and none with the IV or VI. It's not just a matter of the triangular chest plate.

It could be that they just didn't want to mess with altering the entire look too much. All of the suits have worked perfectly for the Iron man films so why ruin a good thing, although a Hulk-buster armor is a must have. I think the only thing they really should have changed on Cap's uniform is the mask. It just looks wrong with Evans face.

AvengersAliens.jpg

Remember that Skrulls are shape-changers, so how they appear varies.

After his exile from Asgard, Loki likely subjugated some race from the Nine Worlds for his evil deeds.

Does their identity really matter to the non-comic reading movie audience?

Not really . . . Loki's army may have a name that's a nod to Marvel fans, but they're essentially Hulk-fodder -- akin to Star Trek redshirts or Star Wars battle droids.

Gotta say the Mark 7 looks like doo-doo to me. Too clunky, junky and War Machine-like. Like Bob Layton has said, each successive armor design should become sleeker, leaner, and more streamlined. They're going in the other direction, IMO. Gotta sell more toys, I suppose. :dunno

And I gotta laugh at Hawkeye and Black Widow . . . we've got an Asgardian god, a WWII Supersoldier, a weaponized armor platform worn by a genius and the Hulk, yet somehow a dude with freaking arrows and a chick with a SIG Sauer are supposed to be crucial members? :rotfl

Seems like Hawkeye and BW would be road pizza pretty damn quick . . .

___

:exactly:
BW and Hawkeye flattened by the first blast or laser or hit...so I guess the rest spend ALOT of time protecting these two. Almost laughable!:dunno

The Mark 7 shares a lot of design similarities with the III and none with the IV or VI. It's not just a matter of the triangular chest plate.

My only concern is that If and when Hot Toys makes this Mark 7 we will lose the ab articulation that was a found in Mark 4 and 6.

True, they might as well throw Batman in there too to toss some Batarangs around, Hawkeye and BW should just get out of the way

BW and Hawkeye flattened by the first blast or laser or hit...so I guess
the rest spend ALOT of time protecting these two. Almost laughable!:dunno

BW and Hawkeye flattened by the first blast or laser or hit...so I guess the rest spend ALOT of time protecting these two. Almost laughable!:dunno

SCENE: on board the Quinjet, heading to the final mega-battle

FURY: We are hopelessly outnumbered by swarms of muthafraking aliens wielding advanced muthafraking technology! They will strike down upon us with great vengeance and furious anger! It's Earth's final hour! What can stand against them?

HAWKEYE: Hey bro, I've got a bow and arrows!

BLACK WIDOW: I have a handgun and three clips of ammo!

FURY: [clasps hands together and looks skyward] We're saved!

:rock2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back