Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

As far as the stand goes I'm thinking it's a temp. I can't believe they'd stick such a bland display stand with such an awesome figure.

I'm with you on that one... this stand is pretty boring. Hopefully its just a stand-in (get it, get it :hi5:)

Have to pass on the Batmobile though. I already have the Tumbler and no more room to display the new one.

This is why you fail...
1989 Batmobile>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tumbler :lecture

Just simple math my friend :huh

that was before the DX, right? (correct me if I am wrong please). if so, then it makes sense that now that they have the technology for PERS, there is no reason to make them painted looking ot the side. Trust me, there will be many disappointed fans.

Yes he was but many people prefer the Bank Robber headsculpt. With DX Ledger Joker the PERS was...well that was the first one - and the eyes don't look quite right, not to mention that the apparatus broke for many people - I myself don't dare touch it anymore.

This is why you fail...
1989 Batmobile>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tumbler :lecture

Just simple math my friend :huh

Naw both of them together will look ___kin' amazing. One must own both.

Looks like someone finally started a Joker thread, so I'm renaming this one to focus on Keaton Bats speculation, and other general speculation regarding the '89 film not related to Joker or the Batmobile.

For me personally here's how I see the Joker releases going :-

- Joker with Trench (announced at SDCC)
- Museum Joker (with extra 'melted' head)
- Board Room Joker (flesh smile, flesh shock and 'wiped' heads & Rotelli)
- Mime Joker (Exclusive)

I'd like to see at least a Bob the Goon and Blue Dress Vicki as well as Batman.

Of course I'd also like to see a Bruce Wayne(Tux & Suit/Overcoat), a load of goons & an Eckhardt

Re: Hot Toys Michael Keaton Batman (1989)

I'd be surprised if this goes beyond a DX Joker, Batman and the Batmobile. They'll be starting to milk TDKR by New Years.

I'd be surprised if this goes beyond a DX Joker, Batman and the Batmobile. They'll be starting to milk TDKR by New Years.

They have paid a LOT for the Nicholson likeness and with Hot Toys' proclivity for re-use they will be pumping out Jack's like it is going out of fashion.

I cant tell by the pics but will batman be able to fit in the batmobile? I know he did in the tumbler but this looks smaller.

I would have to say yes. It wouldn't make sense to make this if you can't even fit Batman in.

I would have to say yes. It wouldn't make sense to make this if you can't even fit Batman in.

...and scrape the suit, no chance. Thats why I never put any Batman figure on the Pod or car. There's always that risk the rubber could create hairline cracks, separate or break more so the 89 suit. Plus these things look better on their own. Or with a figure standing next to it. :yess:

KeatonBatmobile.jpg

Wouldn't make sense to display him in it anyway... but he should fit regardless.

Displayed like this would be the way to go:

KeatonBatmobile.jpg

M.

...and scrape the suit, no chance. Thats why I never put any Batman figure on the Pod or car. There's always that risk the rubber could create hairline cracks, separate or break more so the 89 suit. Plus these things look better on their own. Or with a figure standing next to it. :yess:

KeatonBatmobile.jpg

HAHA... posted this about the same time. ;)

M.

my wallet just left my pants and told me he quit as he walked out the door

If memory serves it was $600 MSRP with retailer discounts and didn't seem all that limited when it came out. Everybody had it.

I remember getting mine as soon as it went up at Toys2 and reserving it for 450.

Wouldn't make sense to display him in it anyway... but he should fit regardless.

I wouldn't display him in it for any length of time either. I'd like to be able to put him in it to take photos, though. Sure would make the piece a lot more fun. Regardless, I'm sure HT will make it so that you can put Bats in there.

I wouldn't display him in it for any length of time either. I'd like to be able to put him in it to take photos, though. Sure would make the piece a lot more fun. Regardless, I'm sure HT will make it so that you can put Bats in there.

HT should make half a Batman with no legs just for the cockpit as an extra :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back