Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

whats "silly" is the bale batsuits. i dont know whos responsible but those suits look like 2 pieces of sh** swen together. keaton had the classic look, not lookin like robocop/puzzle piece batman.

whats "silly" is the bale batsuits. i dont know whos responsible but those suits look like 2 pieces of sh** swen together. keaton had the classic look, not lookin like robocop/puzzle piece batman.

Now you've gone too far! :panic:

To each their own, if you like it, great. Enjoy. I personally think it's silly. My opinion, same as you have yours.

I think that costume looks good and close to the movie suit ..are you also going to call the hot toys figure silly? because thats what it's going to look like ..is it the actual design that you don't like?

Seeing Kick-Ass for the first time I can't help but relate someone to it that dresses up in a costume.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymMOg_2yLuc"]YouTube - Kick-Ass International Trailer [HD][/ame]

Heh I thought that movie was fantastic. Big Daddy!

love the sig calcifer.

Batman suits are always cool w/o nipples. The keaton suit in the museum scene is tops. the BB suit in the garage scene in TDK. and The TDK suit in the hong kong scene. Frigging badass.

I'm getting pretty sick of you bashing the Bale films. For someone who dosen't like them you go on about them enough.

I'm getting pretty sick of you bashing the Bale films. For someone who dosen't like them you go on about them enough.

I believe that people have the right to their own opinions, but bringing up his constant hatred for the Nolan films is quite frankly, incredibly childish, moreso when he can't back the aforementioned opinion up. What 78Meyers was saying may or may not have been in regards to the 89 suit compared to the Nolan suits, but it could've also been this suit in comparison to the actual 89 suit. In the right lighting(I.e.darkness), the 89 suit looked damn good, but in broad daylight, it looked like something those Hollywood boulevard pan handlers would've worn.

I don't even get what he's bashing. :confused:

I can understand why some (not me) don't like TDK suit so I think I get the "robocop/puzzle piece" comment, but I can't figure out why someone who liked the '89 suit wouldn't like the Begins suit. Are anatomical abs really that awesome that a suit is crap without them? Wouldn't that mean that the Returns suit sucks too?

...come to think of it, I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't like the Begins suit.
picture.php

well I think there is no reason but the "you step on my X so I will step on your Y" so no logic is needed
BTW when it comes to full scale suit I like Bobby's best no matter which rendition but I suspect those do not belong to the easily affordable type

I don't even get what he's bashing. :confused:

I can understand why some (not me) don't like TDK suit so I think I get the "robocop/puzzle piece" comment, but I can't figure out why someone who liked the '89 suit wouldn't like the Begins suit. Are anatomical abs really that awesome that a suit is crap without them? Wouldn't that mean that the Returns suit sucks too?

...come to think of it, I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't like the Begins suit.
picture.php

:goodpost: I love the begins suit, probably my favourite movie suit. I love the huge neck, the belt isnt that bright yellow from the 89 suit, which as much as i love that suit too does look dated, and i love that huge flowing cape. Which looks very comic book, flowing in the wind.
Thats not to say i dont love the 89 suit too, but i think it shows its age, especially if seen in daylight. In the movie it looks awesome, but its lit right and you only really see the best bits.

Hi,

Sorry to interrupt the flow of conversation. Long time lurker, first time poster here with a question. Does anyone know of a reputable and reliable online dealer, selling to the U.S., who will be getting the Hot Toys Batman 89 and Superman 78 figures and not expect you to pay in full before they even arrive? Either place a deposit or don't pay till they are in stock? I can swing the money for all three(?), but only if I have the time to save up.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi, and welcome. :wave

Im not sure if onesixthbruce ship to the US but they'll most likely have them and they usually offer a layaway option. Whereby you pay like 10% as a deposit and then pay the rest when its in stock. Again, not sure if they ship to the US or not, as they're based in the UK but you can always ask.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Sorry to interrupt the flow of conversation. Long time lurker, first time poster here with a question. Does anyone know of a reputable and reliable online dealer, selling to the U.S., who will be getting the Hot Toys Batman 89 and Superman 78 figures and not expect you to pay in full before they even arrive? Either place a deposit or don't pay till they are in stock? I can swing the money for all three(?), but only if I have the time to save up.

I buy all my (new) Hot Toys from Big Bad Toy Store.

• They are located in the U.S.
  • They are very reputable.
  • They have a "Collector Upgrade" option which guarantees you mint packaging.
  • Pre-orders always say: "Preorder this item now and we won't charge your card until we ship!"

I'm pretty sure their is no penalty for canceling an order either.

I have no doubt that they will get both of the figures in question. :)

Here they are: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/default.aspx

Welcome to the show. :duff

Hi,

BBTS is going to be the obvious one, but this is going to be a wide release - so plenty of reputable, on-line dealers will have this figure. Redfordfilms.com is another one that will probably have it, and GoHastings.com as well.

There's no rush - they haven't even released pics or a release date. And when they do go up for pre-order on websites, don't feel like you have to bite right away. For wide release figures like this, there are always good deals and discounts you can get, as long as you're willing to wait for the domestic release and are patient enough to shop around. You can end up paying substantially less than MSRP that way.

I buy all my (new) Hot Toys from Big Bad Toy Store.

• They are located in the U.S.
  • They are very reputable.
  • They have a "Collector Upgrade" option which guarantees you mint packaging.
  • Pre-orders always say: "Preorder this item now and we won't charge your card until we ship!"

I'm pretty sure their is no penalty for canceling an order either.

I have no doubt that they will get both of the figures in question. :)

Here they are: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/default.aspx

Welcome to the show. :duff

Considering they arrive to them mint. :s

GoHastings.com as well.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evdkh5yv6gA"]YouTube - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Hamlet[/ame]

^^^He's a beauty. For your sake (and all of ours) I hope HT comes through!

Considering they arrive to them mint. :s

Not sure what you mean.

I'm sure not every box that leaves their warehouse is in the same condition. If $2 gives me a better chance of getting clean packaging, I'm happy to pay it. And if the upgrade is meaningless... well it was only $2 so... :dunno

Not sure what you mean.

I'm sure not every box that leaves their warehouse is in the same condition. If $2 gives me a better chance of getting clean packaging, I'm happy to pay it. And if the upgrade is meaningless... well it was only $2 so... :dunno

Not unless that $2 makes sure it doesn't skud off the truck edges or concrete.

However...

Just having a read there:

Collector's Grade upgrade is available! ($2 per item.)
The item is brand-new, in mint condition, and sealed inside mint packaging.
Packaging condition is verified to be 90% mint (C9), or better.
If you upgrade, our warehouse will carefully choose items in mint condition.
Each item will be wrapped in a clear poly-bag for protection during shipping.
Collector's Grade items are meant to be displayed in their packaging.

Kind of defeats the purpose paying that even though it's just $2, if you were a MIB collector and you have no intention of opening it. She told me these were sealed back then. Though I never had any nicks and such going the regular route.

Although looking back from my last order from them in 2008, $49.74 it's nice to see their tracking shipping has dropped by $10.

Shipping Rates, United Kingdom

USPS Air Mail $31.24
Delivery usually takes 8 to 20 business days - not trackable. Contact your local customs office for duty and tax information.

USPS Express Mail $39.74
Delivery usually takes 3 to 8 business days - trackable. Contact your local customs office for duty and tax information.

Sadly I always got stung by import tax.

Lucky swines but thats to be expected.

Shipping Rates, United States

UPS Ground $9.19

Delivery usually takes 3 - 7 days. This method is trackable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back