Hot Toys: Batman 85 Years Announcement Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dark Knight Returns wouldn't be my choice for their first comic book figure but I'll take anything. Something more classic, Neal Adams style, seems a better place to start.

I just hope it's not the Clooney and Returns Batman figures. We already know those are on the way. Want to see something new.

What I'd love to see:
- Comic book Batman
- Arkham Batman (Origins or an improved City figure)
- The Keaton variant suits from The Flash
- A new 1/4 scale Batman (Keaton, Affleck, Batinson..anything but Bale again)
- Nicholson 2.0 as long as it's a brand new sculpt without the hat hair.
- Zoe Kravitz Catwoman
- Penguin (From either The Batman or his new series)

JazzInc and Mars have us covered for for all things 66, 80s-90s Batman so not included those.

Be awesome if InArt decided to reveal their Affleck and Bale figures to.

My wishlist:

- Preorders for 1997 Batman & Robin
- Hono BTAS Batman and Joker (Not TNBA)
- Arnold Mr. Freeze
- Uma Thurman Ivy
- Power Pose Jeep Swenson Bane?
- Alicia Silverstone Batgirl
- Pfeiffer Catwoman
- DeVito Penguin
- TDK Two-Face 3.0 with movable eyes
- Improved BvS Batman 2.0 prototype

Expectations:

- The 1989 Keaton they just released but this time in funky colors to commemorate 85 years of Batman
- The Flash prototypes and recently reissued 1/4 Bale Batman to fill table space
- An exhibit of random local HK artist repaints of DX19 Batmen, also to fill table space
- 1997 Batman and Robin shown off again, but with no preorders for a least a few months
- Knightmare Batman 2.0

Realistically I'm expecting:

- Returns 2.0
- Hono Classic Comic Batman (Jim Lee or Alex Ross based)
- MAYBE a rough Pfeiffer Catwoman prototype if we're lucky
- Random ugly recolors of existing figures (Batman Begins, 89 Keaton, DX19, etc)

tim burton film GIF by Tech Noir

I have 0 excitement for this event. it's gonna be a few more dark knight suits. Maybe they'll surprise us and reissue the Batman begins with no improvements like that last 5 times 🤣
Do I want to be wrong? Hell yes. Do I have any faith hot toys will surprise us with new figures? Hell no.
Yeah same here. It’s just the fact that Batman is nothing without his rogue gallery but they just keep doing the nolan rogues which really annoys me.

Back