1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"WHO YOU CALLING DERP FACE!?"

BTSk3HS.png

Very, very impressed.

The box is classy, love the matte black Wayne enterprises design. When you open it up and see it tucked in the foam, it really is a sight to behold. This is exactly what I wanted. No crazy moving googly eyes, no weird expressions, just Bale as Batman from 2005. It’s phenomenal. Great job Jaxon, thank you Kit.

D6787AA7-3978-4E52-9FDC-F465901A0CAC.jpeg
D0F4591A-6C55-4059-B959-E7AA37DD3C87.jpeg
018F9F82-10DA-4C6C-B8E4-3D2252A8205D.jpeg
DF8BA99B-7C91-4519-A81F-F25F2ABC02D1.jpeg
91C8FDF7-9689-48BE-A926-B4FF536DE5A6.jpeg
01C53E56-50AB-44CE-95EE-B86F8537FDFF.jpeg
FE5BB917-DAC5-42BB-8646-1783BB44F287.jpeg
7A323A74-D9C8-4C5E-82BF-C9893CE30D4A.jpeg
93983A5D-BDF7-47DE-BDDC-7873859C9E94.jpeg
DF93698B-CEBD-4FFD-B7E9-EB4DE0853099.jpeg
EE1ED454-85E9-485E-8521-89E49100D86B.jpeg
07725D0A-2462-4CE7-B7F5-2C258B1B5EB9.jpeg
B01382EE-B801-4496-99D1-53FD96587A6C.jpeg
C1D6E1F9-2CFB-40A5-9FB0-E4B453202322.jpeg
0E644B7B-B2B9-40FB-98A2-6AF3B23B2A48.jpeg
8462EDAC-8F5F-426A-A0E9-3B20324B7F95.jpeg
400C4842-4541-4CBD-82C7-0AE58FE37CE2.jpeg
87C3A23C-AE70-4925-B4F9-390683073242.jpeg

Mine is stuck in Chicago. Everything always gets stuck in Chicago longer than anywhere else in my experience.

But yeah, again, mind blown at what was achieved here. Now everyone can finally have a great Begins Batman at a fair price. It's been a long time coming.

Thanks, I had fun opening it and popping the heads on.

And yes, I can confirm that the mouth plate is a very nice fit. Not loose, nice and snug. Doesn’t jut out or have gaps like Hot Toys or OT. Jaxon gives you blu-tack so you can remove and swap them safely. It’s not required to keep the plate in. I played around swapping them with the blu-tack and yeah, I can see why they decided to include it. It would be a pain trying to use your fingers, or god forbid, a nail or tool. You’d definitely scratch the paint. I can see why they did the disclaimer. Tons of people would be going to Kit saying “my mouth was scratched”. I won’t be messing with them again because the differences, while there, are negligible. The one he’s packed with is my preferred one. The other one is slightly pursed mouth.

The paint applications for the eyes and mouth are immaculate. Again, pics you see, especially full resolution HD pics, don’t do it justice. This is what Hot Toys should have/could have included.

As for the inevitable OT_Customs comparison, I don’t have that in hand and I’ll never have it in hand. All I know is, I didn’t pay $350+ for just a headsculpt. This Jaxon one is a great sculpt, simple, well made and painted beautifully for 80 bucks. Can’t beat that. It’s not hollow, it’s not made out of fragile resin. They included an adapter socket too so it has a tight fit onto the body. Jaxon definitely did his homework with fit tests. I don’t need my Batman doll to make weird expressions with a faceplate jutting out and moving eyes, I need him to stand there and look good on display museum style. This serves that purpose.

And yes, I can confirm that the mouth plate is a very nice fit. Not loose, nice and snug. Doesn’t jut out or have gaps like Hot Toys or OT. Jaxon gives you blu-tack so you can remove and swap them safely. It’s not required to keep the plate in. I played around swapping them with the blu-tack and yeah, I can see why they decided to include it. It would be a pain trying to use your fingers, or god forbid, a nail or tool. You’d definitely scratch the paint. I can see why they did the disclaimer. Tons of people would be going to Kit saying “my mouth was scratched”. I won’t be messing with them again because the differences, while there, are negligible. The one he’s packed with is my preferred one. The other one is slightly pursed mouth.

The paint applications for the eyes and mouth are immaculate. Again, pics you see, especially full resolution HD pics, don’t do it justice. This is what Hot Toys should have/could have included.

As for the inevitable OT_Customs comparison, I don’t have that in hand and I’ll never have it in hand. All I know is, I didn’t pay $350+ for just a headsculpt. This Jaxon one is a great sculpt, simple, well made and painted beautifully for 80 bucks. Can’t beat that. It’s not hollow, it’s not made out of fragile resin. They included an adapter socket too so it has a tight fit onto the body. Jaxon definitely did his homework with fit tests. I don’t need my Batman doll to make weird expressions with a faceplate jutting out and moving eyes, I need him to stand there and look good on display museum style. This serves that purpose.
Excellent review and thank you for clearing up what the blu-tack is for. I'm thrilled to read that the paint apps are great! I should have mine delivered today, can't wait!

@DiFabio those pics are gorgeous :oops:

Cannot wait to get mine! Although my Begins Batsuit is very matte/dull and the Jaxon sculpt seems shiny so I'm wondering if the two will look odd together.
I was worried about that to but just opening mine and it doesn't look shiny in hand.

It's more matte than both my OT sculpt(not painted by OT) and the original HT head.

Have you tried it on the old TF body if you still have one? Thoughts?

Have you tried it on the old TF body if you still have one? Thoughts?

I sold both my Toy Fairs years ago. I still have the Original Costume TDK from 2008. It fits it and looks good on it. It should definitely work for the Toy Fairs version.

Also I just want to say, since everyone is all gung-ho about moveable eyes and PERS systems on all their Batmen, Aragorns and Catwomen, I still think a nicely sculpted eye ball is a lost art. When you guys get this in hand, you gotta appreciate how they did these eyes. The way it’s sculpted and painted makes it look like it’s Bruce Wayne wearing a mask with the human eyes protruding out of the cowl’s eye sockets. It’s very impressive. You can really see it in the profile shot pic that I took. I can’t praise it enough.

Those prototype pics from way back don’t do the final product justice,

2F3391B2-1058-40DB-BB0C-FFFCECE2729D.jpeg

Last edited:
the wait was well worth it, it came out fantastic. the initial prototype had him looking very tired with how the eyes were sculpted, so I'm glad the final product came out the way it did.
it's a really big shame that hot toys reused a sculpt from like 2011 with 0 improvements, it just looks so awful when compared to these custom offerings

Back