1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting for Inart - or indeed for Hot Toys to come to their senses and make a proper one. Someone's going to do it. Someone at some point will make a Begins suit Batman that's everything you need in a single purchase. For god sake.
Problem with waiting for insart's version is I could be dead before it gets released lol !

Yeah the Jaxon sculpt is a bit elongated in the face, but I also think ot’s is too squat and definitely gives me Uncle Fester vibes.

Begins Batman looks different in every scene. Compare how he looks at Arkham to how dopey he looks standing in the Bank Vault in Dark Knight. It’s like the character is played by a human actor wearing a different rubber mask on a different day in different shooting and lighting conditions . . .

Always go back to the 89’ Batman. Look how different that cowl looks from scene to scene. Some shots it’s form fitting, other times it looks like Keaton’s face is going to leak out of the mouth hole. It’s inconsistent because the suits and shots are inconsistent.

Jaxon head arrived yesterday (the cape arrived months ago but was left in its pack) - it's nice to finally have a Batman figure I can display! (it was locked away in the box and there was no point getting it out until I had a better head)

I don't know all the subtle differences between this, OT (petulant child), or Unreal (or any others) - but for the price? This wins easily for me. It looks like him on my shelf, and that's all I need. I just need to try and get that 'fabric going over the bottom edge of the cowl' that it should have, but it's close enough for now for the 'arms length' distance I usually see these at.

I do want to get a slightly taller stand so he matches the Joker. If I had any spare silicone and resin I'd mould and cast that one and paint it black lol. But I don't. I'll figure something out eventually.

PSX_20240628_095546.jpg

Jaxons is an improvement but it’s still off. It’s like enterbay batman paint apps too, which was fine like 10 years ago.
It’s more like a caricature of the headsculpt.
ots is clearly better to me

Attachments

• IMG_4742.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4743.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4745.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4744.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Probably just me but the sculpt reads so different in natural daylight compared to LED lighting in a display case.

DSC_9111.JPG

Very happy with how the sculpt looks here but as soon as I put it in the cabinet it doesn't look right for whatever reason :lol not had that issue with other sculpts before.

^Batman needs some shadows sometimes.
More like 99% of the time. :lol Batman isn't someone you should see in broad daylight. The ending fight in TDKR is so jarring to see because of this. Batman just fighting on the streets in the afternoon like it's his 9-5 job.

There's a reason Burton lit Keaton the way he did. Super harsh shadows and stylized lighting. Starts to look goofy otherwise.

3babc3e8adec53269c164b6adaf95d9e.jpg

WQRssu9.png

oecMp5o.png

CzWHGqF.png

More like 99% of the time. :lol Batman isn't someone you should see in broad daylight. The ending fight in TDKR is so jarring to see because of this. Batman just fighting on the streets in the afternoon like it's his 9-5 job.

There's a reason Burton lit Keaton the way he did. Super harsh shadows and stylized lighting. Starts to look goofy otherwise.

3babc3e8adec53269c164b6adaf95d9e.jpg

WQRssu9.png

oecMp5o.png

CzWHGqF.png
I can see that conversation now: "hey Bane, I know you're about to blow up the city, but I can only come out at night, can you postpone the destruction of Gotham until midnight or so. Thanks bro 😚"
🤣

24 hours with my Jaxon cowl in hand and my thoughts haven’t changed.

It’s a great alternative to the stock (let’s be fair anything is) and a great price, but OT’s is still miles ahead in my opinion and I’m still left wanting to upgrade to that if and when I get the chance.

At least for now I can display the figure, I couldn’t even stomach to do that before with the stock sculpt.

IMG_3782.jpeg

Probably just me but the sculpt reads so different in natural daylight compared to LED lighting in a display case.

View attachment 710586

Very happy with how the sculpt looks here but as soon as I put it in the cabinet it doesn't look right for whatever reason :lol not had that issue with other sculpts before.

Yeah, sculpt work and paint looks great in natural light

The suit guided Bale's body language for the character, as it has for previous iterations as well.

i honestly don't think the cowl was designed with a straight up posture in mind. He's almost always leaning his neck forward throughout the film, and in most of the promotional shots. That's when it shines. It's part of why I love Unreal's take.

He doesn't look right standing straight, nor does the curve align with the shape of his back when he does. It's not a good silhouette when looking at the sides..
Yes I think his head is leaning forward in many scenes because it’s impossible to turn his head with this cowl. But it’s true that when you see the scene with Scarecrow, the back of the mask is long. I love the movie and the costume anyway.

BATMAN-2_1592232055-700x392.jpg

5_batman_sweartome_batman-begins-2005-review.jpeg

3YzQ.gif

67c0fe49209ffd262806b78727d5a6d8ad0618fb.gif

10d9ddc3001043a8c3ffd0f2ffc60cc18ebc0b4e.gif

3a2a152a785619264b02eec043f6ec3ba0ab9ba2.gif

Last edited:
The Jaxon sculpt was not enough of an improvement for me to pull the trigger. OT is a POS so definitely passed on that. I'll just wait for the inevitable remake and if that's crappy too then I just won't have one in the collection :huh

Back