Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the look of the scarecrow in just the suit.

But it's nice to see the scarecrow in all his glory on the horse and straight jacket also. I'm glad you seem to be enjoying your new addition, mag.

I'm kind of with Maglor on this one.

Even though Batman Begins kind of failed building up Scarecrow as nothing more than a putz, for a split second, when he comes in, straight jacket with mask, horse blazing, you get that feeling that, there he is, SCARECROW. I didn't expect a full fight between him and Batman at the climax (that was meant for Ras obviously) but it was disappointing that Scarecrow didn't get to have a final run in with Batman. Though, they made up for it in TDK I guess, but at the time we didn't know he'd be back and getting tazed by Rachel sucked.

It's more iconic than yet another business suit with shirt and tie, this guy was just let loose from Arkham, drugged on his own fear toxin. The tattered straight jacket is closer to the comic book and Scarecrowesque look than simply Crane's old dress clothes from when he went to Gotham University.

TRUTH!

Him getting tazered running off crying ruined his straight jacket look for me.

Unfortunately this bugs me too. Wasted moment.

+1 for Scarecrow in a suit.

I like the straightjacket, but the majority of my collection is TDK based and I went with that version of him.

For the record though, your set up looks great Mag.

I like the straightjacket, but the majority of my collection is TDK based and I went with that version of him.

So what you gonna do when "Rises" comes out? I think it's OK to mix movies within a series...especially when it's a continuing series and not episodic.

I like to have each character represent myfavorite incarnation of him/her. Straitjacket for Scarecrow just gives him a more maniacal visage; the psychiatrist turned escaped lunatic.

So what you gonna do when "Rises" comes out? I think it's OK to mix movies within a series...especially when it's a continuing series and not episodic.

I like to have each character represent myfavorite incarnation of him/her. Straitjacket for Scarecrow just gives him a more maniacal visage; the psychiatrist turned escaped lunatic.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

To each his own. I started collecting 1:6 because of The Dark Knight, and most of my collection is based on the characters from that film particularly. I love Batman Begins, and some of my figures (Gordon, OC Batman, etc.) can represent that film as well, but I've built a collection as a tribute to TDK, so that's how I display them.

When The Dark Knight Rises comes out, I'll have to decide if I feel as strongly about the film in order to pursue new figures.

ok, I need your address and trash pick up date. thanks.

oh yeah, can you rebox everything and bubble wrap it when you throw it in the trash. Thanks!
Not so sure you want to be there during garbage day. This happened to my neighbor last week:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i7gIpuIVE3k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stuff looks STELLAR, Maglor!

Glad you like it Professor. :)

Did you get a chance to check out the link I posted? I only included a fraction of the pics I've uploaded here so has not to spam the thread.

Here's my first attempt at posing the horses legs:

P1130202.jpg

P1130204.jpg

P1130203.jpg

Now I just need to find a rope for his neck and figure out how to tie a noose.

Yea, I watched that scene tonight and there were cops on horses all around the Narrows.

The real question is, where did he get the giant noose to put around the horses neck?

And for the record: Posing him without the straightjacket is inconceivable to me.

Ah, I see. Haven't watched the movie in a while. And yeah, even though he was only in the jacket for a short time, he looked badass and was the most like scarecrow.

He was a lame ass in The Dark Knight, which disappointed the heck out of me. I would have rather them just show him in Arkham or not show him at all.

BTW, great pics Mag. Didn't know there was dirt on his straightjacket. I really want this figure now.

Not so sure you want to be there during garbage day. This happened to my neighbor last week:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i7gIpuIVE3k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What....the..... frack.

I gotta say, i loved the look of scarecrow in the straightjacket. As others have said, it looks more "scarecrowy" and kinda of closer to the comics than just the suit. But i thought i'd probably display him with the suit as that was the representation from the film. Plus, there is something a little freakier about just the suit and then that mask. More like its a real person under there, as opposed to some comic book villain. That said, i've had mine for a couple of weeks now and i cant bring myself to remove the straightjacket. It just looks so cool and really suits the character. I always felt they should have used scarecrow more in Begins once he was really established, with his full outfit and everything, and now, seeing this, i wish even more they'd have used him to his full potential.
Ah well. The only downside is that now i want a Hot Toys Ra's al Ghul even more to go with this and OC bats. :lol

Glad you like it Professor. :)

Did you get a chance to check out the link I posted? I only included a fraction of the pics I've uploaded here so has not to spam the thread.

Here's my first attempt at posing the horses legs:

P1130202.jpg

P1130204.jpg

P1130203.jpg

Now I just need to find a rope for his neck and figure out how to tie a noose.

Sooooooooooooooooooo wicked!

Back