Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure what the exact rules are, but I'm pretty sure that if you pay for your figure in full, anytime in your flex pay window, they'll ship it once it's fully paid

Thanks for the info! I guess I'll just give SS a call sometime and find out for sure. I would love to get this a little early.

I apologize if this has been discussed...But I have a quick question, as I have never ordered through SS before and couldn't find anything on this.

I got the flex pay pre-order in august and was certain it went through as I had the order number beginning with "TB" or whatever. But it has it listed as "processing" and I haven't been charged anything so far. I'm assuming this means when the item is actually in stock they will begin the flex pay schedule? Sort of confused over here. haha

I apologize if this has been discussed...But I have a quick question, as I have never ordered through SS before and couldn't find anything on this.

I got the flex pay pre-order in august and was certain it went through as I had the order number beginning with "TB" or whatever. But it has it listed as "processing" and I haven't been charged anything so far. I'm assuming this means when the item is actually in stock they will begin the flex pay schedule? Sort of confused over here. haha

They should have already charged your first payment August 25th, and your second payment is coming up on September 25th.

u better ask sideshow to pack out the hot toys , otherwise they just ship out in the hot toys shipper box, journey to Australia could be bumpy, not though if urnt concerned about a mint box, pack out charge could be 10$ extra, u can read about it in the notification mail,i already requested mine to be packed out

u better ask sideshow to pack out the hot toys , otherwise they just ship out in the hot toys shipper box, journey to Australia could be bumpy, not though if urnt concerned about a mint box, pack out charge could be 10$ extra, u can read about it in the notification mail,i already requested mine to be packed out

Doubt it. They're shipped overseas in a cargo container from Asia the same way and they arrive at Sideshow just fine. And frankly, only the most OCD of collectors _____ about the condition of the shipper. :huh

Doubt it. They're shipped overseas in a cargo container from Asia the same way and they arrive at Sideshow just fine. And frankly, only the most OCD of collectors _____ about the condition of the shipper. :huh

i did contact sideshow on this matter and repliesd they would send it with only the hot toys brown shipper box, whereas stores like csc box it one more time and fill the box with Styrofoam peanuts too, just shipping out in the hot toys shipper could dent the art box too specially on a long distance journey and also tempting customs to open it up and damage it in the process
but sideshow did offer to pack out the item if we pay 10 $ extra charge which would result in35$ shipping charge to India , which still way below what others ship to India through USPS

i did contact sideshow on this matter and repliesd they would send it with only the hot toys brown shipper box, whereas stores like csc box it one more time and fill the box with Styrofoam peanuts too, just shipping out in the hot toys shipper could dent the art box too specially on a long distance journey and also tempting customs to open it up and damage it in the process
but sideshow did offer to pack out the item if we pay 10 $ extra charge which would result in35$ shipping charge to India , which still way below what others ship to India through USPS

I guess if you don't trust your postal system, I can see why it's needed. I've had ____ shipped from all over the world, from Malaysia, Argentina, Russia, etc., and never had any issues. :huh

I'm surprised at how many things I've had arrive in green EMS mailer envelopes that weren't damaged. Some of them didn't even have tape. Just the string wrapped around the little paper circles.

I don't know why Hot Toys doesn't package their stuff the way Sideshow does. I wonder if it's because Sideshow takes all the heat for it.

I'm surprised at how many things I've had arrive in green EMS mailer envelopes that weren't damaged. Some of them didn't even have tape. Just the string wrapped around the little paper circles.

I don't know why Hot Toys doesn't package their stuff the way Sideshow does. I wonder if it's because Sideshow takes all the heat for it.

In the end I guess it's all about $$$. The less packing HT does, the more overhead they rake in.

I'm actually contemplating getting this figure packed out as well. I prefer the Hot Toys box, within the Hot Toys mailer box, within a box. That way, people can't see what the contents are (lets face it, the HT mailer box will blatantly state that it's a 1/6 Begins Batman figure) but it will also give it an extra layer of protection.

I'll email Sideshow tomorrow.

I'm actually contemplating getting this figure packed out as well. I prefer the Hot Toys box, within the Hot Toys mailer box, within a box. That way, people can't see what the contents are (lets face it, the HT mailer box will blatantly state that it's a 1/6 Begins Batman figure) but it will also give it an extra layer of protection.

I'll email Sideshow tomorrow.

Ya man, like some 50 year old poor mail man is going to steal your batman toy….come on :lol Might as well ask Sideshow to put a "contaminated" sticker on the side and sprinkle white powder all over it too, then no one will touch it :rotfl

Can't be too careful with all those weirdos around!

yousaywhat-1304021869.gif

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Can't be too careful with all those weirdos around.

Good idea. I think I'll give Sideshow a call too, so that they can upgrade my shipping. Even though its being delivered by UPS, you can't be too safe.

Ya man, like some 50 year old poor mail man is going to steal your batman toy….come on :lol Might as well ask Sideshow to put a "contaminated" sticker on the side and sprinkle white powder all over it too, then no one will touch it :rotfl

hate to disagree, but iv had 2 of my hot toys and one sideshow product opened by customs, the 2 hot toys in question were t1 and t2 t-800s and sideshow product was t-800 endoskull. iv had other hot toys and sideshow products shipped to me in india as well but since these 3 were labelled terminator statue ,figure, obviously the customs were interested , opened and damaged the hot toys box , , completely ripped apart the endoskull box and damaged the skull cap which covers the microchip.. since then iv asked shippers to just label items as plaster statue or toy model/figure, so far haven't had any problems after that

Back