Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont think we are talking about the shippers, but the cover art box in which fig is packed, sending a hot toys packed inside just a shipper box is likely to damage the cover art box too,,, for some,:dunno the cover art box is important to be in mint with 4 sharp corners

Whoa!! Yeah I would be pissed about that one. Thats sooo ____ed up. And I guess there isn't anything you can do about it huh?

nope , this was the second sideshow item i got and the second one damaged, the first one was Conan diorama, in that case the seller refunded the shipping cost alone while in endoskulls case i got nothing, as usual the post office blamed poor packaging, the worst part i paid another 100$ customs duty on this item and also paid for insurance, after this incident i always buy from seller who declares value under 100$, no use paying customs if ur going to get a damaged item and then not going to get insurance if its damaged, surprisingly after i asked seller to send me by declaring less value none of my items have been opened by customs and have received everything undamaged then except for the hot toys t1 and t 2 T -800 , which was labelled as terminator figure, the customs officers must have recognized the name and got curious and opened it , damaging the cover art box alone..denting and creasing it all over

i dont think we are talking about the shippers, but the cover art box in which fig is packed, sending a hot toys packed inside just a shipper box is likely to damage the cover art box too,,, for some,:dunno the cover art box is important to be in mint with 4 sharp corners

Given Sideshow will replace or refund if the art box arrives damaged, I'm hard pressed to see what the issue is. :huh

that would be absurd in case of international shipping , it would be a min of 50 $ for an international customer to ship it back and again no guarantee of getting it undamaged second time around, the only reasonable solution is to pack out the item the first time around for an extra 10$ than going thru the trouble of returning and waiting to receive it again, i order regularly from csc and that is how they box it and i havent any prob so far with their shipments

From Wookster's thread on MWCT review.

comp1.jpg

I'm just gonna list the reasons why i'd cancel, and comparisons to other figures:

Limited body posing (breakage/splits in costume)
Shorter shelf-life to other figures (rubber degradation)
Cheaper seeming material to previous version

All this makes me question Why does it cost more than others which dont have the limitations above?

I would not be using the Bale head, and besides that isnt worth the price of a full figure alone. :lecture

Have to cancel due to funds :(

Tis a sad day indeed

Same here but not a sad day at all.

I rather own 2 Keatons vs one Desert Suit Batman :lol

I still like the OC suit in the movie but the translation to toy doesn't get my attention like before when I owned the original OC.

When I think Batman, I think 89. :rock

Looking at this makes me really hope 1989 Batman doesn't turn out a lot different in hand.

I'm betting this will be a figure that would look alot better in person, but with the high price tag and the amount of Hot Toys coming it needs to show itself as good as the preview pics before then with in-hand pics.

Otherwise alot of buyers are gonna cancel cos it isn't selling itself well.

what does hot toys or sideshow think of their collectors, that they have tree that grow money in their backyard, i think a lot of pre orders will see cancellation when new items are announced and suddenly someone feels the latest pre order will be better than the last one, from this thread a few have already cancelled the exclusive to get the batman 89 fig, if sideshow had waited for the release of exclusive batman beforre putting batman 89 for pre order, dont u think it would have made better business sense

Back