Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Image0253.jpg

this is what customs did to my t-800 endoskull box cover

It's dissapointing SS feels the need to charge extra for double boxing. These are expensive collectibles. When I order a HT fig from a different retailer they double box as standard and generally have cheaper prices.

I'm not sure HT really intends for the brown "shipper" to actually be a shipper. HT ships in bulk to their distributers. I think that brown box is really intended to be a part of the packaging since not all of the actual fancy box's have some sort of tape to ensure the figure hasn't been opened. It explains why they stamp a description of what's inside the brown "shipper". If they really intended for their distributers to not double box it seems stupid to advertise what's inside.

It's dissapointing SS feels the need to charge extra for double boxing. These are expensive collectibles. When I order a HT's fig from a different retailer they double box as standard and generally have cheaper prices.

I'm not sure HT's really intends for the brown "shipper" to actually be a shipper. HT's ships in bulk to their distributers. I think that brown box is really intended to be a part of the packaging since not all of the actual fancy box's have some sort of tape to ensure the figure hasn't been opened. It explains why they stamp a description of what's inside the brown "shipper". If they really intended for their distributers to not double box it seems stupid to advertise what's inside.

Couldn't agree more. :goodpost: :exactly: :1-1:

It's shouldn't be called a shipper, it's actually part of HT packing. These boxes are place in a larger carton. HT use them to protect the Art Boxes. Sideshow use them as shippers.

It's shouldn't be called a shipper, it's actually part of HT packing. These boxes are place in a larger carton. HT use them to protect the Art Boxes. Sideshow use them as shippers.

Exactly, and for the prices we pay for these things SS should know better. I've seen many people say they only buy from SS when they have an Ex due to SS's higher prices. Why then does SS shoot themselves in the foot by cheaping out on packaging?

Maybe if HT would officially aknowledge that the brown box is indeed the first layer of the packaging and not a shipper it would force SS to "double box".

well it not just hot toys , sideshows PF and comiqueetes too have the shipper box only and they ship only in that. no pack out because the shipment would then get bigger...but frankly speaking i think no one really bother about pf and comiquete art boxes and so havent much of a fuss about it

Actually the outer brownbox that comes with my DX 04 exclusive from sideshow is a lot thicker than the ones that I got from the DX 04 asian exclusives. Must be because of SS demand in thicker outerbox, since they are shipping these like this without another outer box.

That said, I do agree that I wish SS took the extra effort and time to repack the brown outerbox, as they are to me, still part of the whole figure's package.

Anyone ever post this topic in the 'Ask SSC' forum? :dunno

Yeah someone created a topic called "sideshow cheaping out on shipping materials" or something that addresses exactly what we are talking about but it has been dead for almost a year.

ask thme to pack out for an additional 10$ if ur concerned about mint art box

I agree $25 is awesome for shipping. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes and what condition it ends up in

Yeah this is my first time ordering from sideshow so we'll see how it goes. I've got all my other pre-orders through BBTS because of their pile of loot system, which by the time that ships should include 3 Hot Toys and some Mighty Muggs. Can anyone tell me how BBTS packs their bulk orders?

ask thme to pack out for an additional 10$ if ur concerned about mint art box

Honestly i'm not too fussed about the condition of the art box. Yeah i would be a little disappointed if it was damaged but the fact is all my empty boxes either go in closets or the garage never to be looked at again, i'd get over it pretty quickly.

hot toys are good for keepin the extra accesories plus if u ever want to sell it..u would need the box

They're called "shippers" for a reason. :cuckoo:

I really don't even understand when this level of OCD exposed itself. I can understand the need for shippers with statues as they go toward proving authenticity, but expecting mint shippers on figures... that's like beyond reasonable demands. :lol

Back