Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what does hot toys or sideshow think of their collectors, that they have tree that grow money in their backyard, i think a lot of pre orders will see cancellation when new items are announced and suddenly someone feels the latest pre order will be better than the last one, from this thread a few have already cancelled the exclusive to get the batman 89 fig, if sideshow had waited for the release of exclusive batman beforre putting batman 89 for pre order, dont u think it would have made better business sense

Keep in mind, this figure was intended for toy fairs. So, for them to have it for those events, they had to release it when they did. In all actuality, this happened pretty fast for a HT release. They also wanted to stop the show at Comicon with the Joker DX, which came with the promise of 89 Bats. Sometimes marketing drives these things, and in this case, I suspect that had more to do with it than anything.

Yeah this is my first time ordering from sideshow so we'll see how it goes. I've got all my other pre-orders through BBTS because of their pile of loot system, which by the time that ships should include 3 Hot Toys and some Mighty Muggs. Can anyone tell me how BBTS packs their bulk orders?

I usually get all of my Hot Toys figures from BBTS since for whatever reason they are generally cheaper than Sideshow, plus I can make the shipping work for me more by using the POL.

They package their stuff really great, I have never had any issues. I remember I once had P1, Dutch, and like 10 Transformers all packed in the same parcel and everything was pristine when I got it.

I'm just gonna list the reasons why i'd cancel, and comparisons to other figures:

Limited body posing (breakage/splits in costume)
Shorter shelf-life to other figures (rubber degradation)
Cheaper seeming material to previous version

All this makes me question Why does it cost more than others which dont have the limitations above?

I would not be using the Bale head, and besides that isnt worth the price of a full figure alone. :lecture

You ever stop to think the change in material was to prevent the problems of the previous version? :dunno

I usually get all of my Hot Toys figures from BBTS since for whatever reason they are generally cheaper than Sideshow, plus I can make the shipping work for me more by using the POL.

They package their stuff really great, I have never had any issues. I remember I once had P1, Dutch, and like 10 Transformers all packed in the same parcel and everything was pristine when I got it.

Thanks for that, that's good to know. My POL expires early January so i'm just going to let it run it's course until then. Hopefully i'll have cabinets set up by the time they all arrive.

Then why all the crying about this one and the '89. What I saying is maybe this material is HT answer to the problems everyone is worrying about.

You're mixing up the releases. The original Batman Begins release, the OC suit from TDK's release and the MMS71 (new suit) didn't leak. Somewhere in the line after the MMS71, HT changed the molding process for the rubber suits and didn't nail the curing time. Since the DX02, and Comedian started to basically decompose, people are worried that since these suits are also rubber, they might suffer the same fate.

Somewhere in the line after the MMS71, HT changed the molding process for the rubber suits and didn't nail the curing time. Since the DX02, and Comedian started to basically decompose, people are worried that since these suits are also rubber, they might suffer the same fate.

I don't know, Vulcanization may not having anything to do with it. Then again, I'm no rubber expert (though, neither are you).

If it's a curing issue with the rubber suits for the DX02 and Comedian then how come the leakage and deterioration only happens in parts and sections? If it were a curing problem, wouldn't the entire rubber suit show the same signs of decomposition? The DX02 Batman's legs and lower arms don't leak, only the chest/abs and biceps. Comedian only "melts" in parts as well (his back and shoulders correct?).

I'm certainly with you that there's a chemical breakdown going on but how can we be sure it's indeed the curing process if it hasn't been confirmed by anyone, only speculated?

I don't know, Vulcanization may not having anything to do with it. Then again, I'm no rubber expert (though, neither are you).

If it's a curing issue with the rubber suits for the DX02 and Comedian then how come the leakage and deterioration only happens in parts and sections? If it were a curing problem, wouldn't the entire rubber suit show the same signs of decomposition? The DX02 Batman's legs and lower arms don't leak, only the chest/abs and biceps. Comedian only "melts" in parts as well (his back and shoulders correct?).

I'm certainly with you that there's a chemical breakdown going on but how can we be sure it's indeed the curing process if it hasn't been confirmed by anyone, only speculated?

It's all there in the "Does your DX02 show signs of leaking" thread which I have no desire to sift through. :lol

pure speculation, and dogfishhead IPA, but could some of the leaking be coming from a reaction of plastics kind of like if you leave a rubber fishing worm on a piece of plastic and it eats into the plastic.? maybe some of the components didnt play well together and the outcome was leaky suits on DX02 and deterioration on the Comedian...just a thought, but something thats been banging around in my head.

There are more two comparative pics on the review:

review_tfbruce_23.jpg

review_tfbruce_22.jpg

dammit, more pics after I just got done eating my words, showing the armor on the 2008 looks better than the 2011...

that would be absurd in case of international shipping , it would be a min of 50 $ for an international customer to ship it back and again no guarantee of getting it undamaged second time around, the only reasonable solution is to pack out the item the first time around for an extra 10$ than going thru the trouble of returning and waiting to receive it again, i order regularly from csc and that is how they box it and i havent any prob so far with their shipments

You don't have to mail anything back when Sideshow replaces artboxes. All you have to do is ask for it. It does make more sense to pay for the $10 packout, but if you're looking to prevent the kind of damage that T-800 bust box had, nothing is going to stop customs goons from being...goons.

You don't have to mail anything back when Sideshow replaces artboxes. All you have to do is ask for it. It does make more sense to pay for the $10 packout, but if you're looking to prevent the kind of damage that T-800 bust box had, nothing is going to stop customs goons from being...goons.

Not sure Sideshow will have 'extra' art boxes in stock for an exclusive release like this which has sold out. Also the art box's front/opening panel also incorporates the cape for the figure. Its better to be safe than sorry Id say. An extra $10 for precaution cant hurt. And if customs want to be savages, frankly nothing can stop them.
But I doubt it that customs will damage something like that when the carrier is FedEx. Customs behave quite carefully with private carriers like DHL, FedEx whereas pretty lackluster with government postal services items.

dammit, more pics after I just got done eating my words, showing the armor on the 2008 looks better than the 2011...

To me the 2008 version looks better without any question - the only question is how much worse the 2011 version looks in hand - from what those who have it in hand, it seems it's not as bad in hand as the pics show.

I'm still getting it but still bloody annoyed that HT couldn't at least make the armour look as good as the 2008 version, let alone improve upon it. :slap

Once I have mine, i'd be happy to trade with anyone for their 2008 version if someone prefers the armour on the new one.

Back