Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just gonna list the reasons why i'd cancel, and comparisons to other figures:

Limited body posing (breakage/splits in costume)
Shorter shelf-life to other figures (rubber degradation)
Cheaper seeming material to previous version

All this makes me question Why does it cost more than others which dont have the limitations above?

I would not be using the Bale head, and besides that isnt worth the price of a full figure alone. :lecture

Well i've taken the above into account and have canceled, i checked the threads and saw this pic (although its one of the better pics) which put me over the edge in deciding to cancel.

Batman4.jpg

THIS IS NOT THE COSTUME MATERIAL OR COLOR I ORDERED!

For the cost of this coupled with the inevitable degradation and the nature of the material which looks like a matte black/grey dusty camo even when clean (above pic) i've decided it's not worth the cost to me.

If it was the glossy, smooth material shown in the preview pics i would buy.

I won't buy it just to flip it, because:

A) Enough others will be doing this
B) I don't agree with that practice, i buy a figure to keep not to sell on.

I hope you folks buying it will enjoy it, and congrats to he/she whose waitlist converts. :wave

Last edited:
I dont understand all this hullabaloo about matte finish, 'better' armour etc etc... I think the new one looks better simply because it looks more 'real world' I mean in the movie his armour is pretty matte finish, goes with the finish of his cowl. I think the new one is more appropriate screen accuracy wise... :dunno

I dont understand all this hullabaloo about matte finish, 'better' armour etc etc... I think the new one looks better simply because it looks more 'real world' I mean in the movie his armour is pretty matte finish, goes with the finish of his cowl. I think the new one is more appropriate screen accuracy wise... :dunno

:exactly::exactly::exactly::goodpost:

1) the final product is not what was advertised.

2) i checked some screen grabs and the look glossy to me

3) everything else i mentioned including price, dust attraction & degradation concerns

All of this to me make it more worthwhile spending money on a figure that will last longer, cost less and can be posed as it should be.

1) the final product is not what was advertised.

2) i checked some screen grabs and the look glossy to me

3) everything else i mentioned including price, dust attraction & degradation concerns

All of this to me make it more worthwhile spending money on a figure that will last longer, cost less and can be posed as it should be.

I respect your decision, nothing wrong with it. But what Im saying is most of our judgement is based here on Wooksters pics which IMO are pretty amateur inspite of his affiliation with MWCToys etc etc (not that Michael's himself are any better) HT take great photos for their ads which is normal for any company. You want great pics of what this figure is like...
check OMG photos of his figure:
c9eefac1.jpg

f2af6e41.jpg

So? :dunno

As for the movie suit being glossy you can be pretty sure it wasnt, it was just the lighting in some scenes. The actual movie suit was made of material that wasnt glossy. Honestly in the Nolanverse Batman doesnt wear glossy. That would be Schumacherverse...

Here's a pic:
batsuit-comparison.jpg

You can clearly see its matte finish. A Matte finish is LOGICAL on the suit and clearly even material wise even here in TDK you can see the old suit is matte:
old-and-new-batsuit.jpg

Besides imagine Batman wearing a big 'glossy' suit and hiding in the shadows... :horror

Anyway just my logical reasoning why this suit is an upgrade as well as more screen accurate. The only really 'glossy' suits of these movies Ive seen are on the Mattel Movie Masters... and thats because they cant help it with the quality of plastic and paint for the price range.

To me the 2008 version looks better without any question - the only question is how much worse the 2011 version looks in hand - from what those who have it in hand, it seems it's not as bad in hand as the pics show.

...still bloody annoyed that HT couldn't at least make the armour look as good as the 2008 version, let alone improve upon it. :slap

Once I have mine, i'd be happy to trade with anyone for their 2008 version if someone prefers the armour on the new one.

:lecture:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

Ahh! New pic for me. Love it. The pissed off mouth and clenched fists. Can't get over how great this thing looks.

Again, clearly it's a matte finish (which wookster confirmed) but it looks good with professional skills and equipment. And in hand supposedly. Can. Not. Wait. :dance

@axecutioner18

I understand, but i've been in all three threads for the last few weeks and like i said, i've given my reasons, not just based off one pic, but all of the issues about rubber, posing and accuracy, dust sttraction and decided to cancel.

I'm happy for those who want it still and look forward to their pics, in the mean time i may order any number of collectibles instead.

Its all them worries combined that let me cancel, Hell i'm kinda releived, not so much coming in one month and not having to worry about QC on the rubber.

Sorry, bro.

Try ebay.

I'm not gonna be crying myself to sleep, and certainly not going on eBay in the future to buy a figure dramatically overpriced.

Hell for the price they're gonna be going for on eBay, i'd rather get all three predators instead.

Last edited:
@axecutioner18

I understand, but like i said, i've given my reasons, not just based off one pic, but all of the issues about rubber, posing and accuracy and decided to cancel.

I'm happy for those who want it still and look forward to their pics, in the mean time i may order any number of collectibles instead.
Its all them combined that let me cancel, Hell i'm kinda releived, not so much coming in one month and not having to worry about QC on the rubber.

I'm not gonna be crying myself to sleep, and certainly not going on eBay in the future to buy a figure, dramatically overpriced.

Hell for the price they're gonna be going for on eBay, i'd rather get all three predators instead.

Have to agree. Idk if the matte finish is more 'screen accurate' or not - I really don't care. Imo the glossy finish looks light years better and would display much better than this dull suit that looks boring.

No, didn't you see B89? Batman sleeps upside down. He's definitely looking dead in that shot. Glad to hear you love him!
Wrong movie. But anyway, dead in a Detolf is not the way I expected the Dark Knight to go out.

Back