Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He did. He's gone on record stating that no other actor will reprise the role, so unless he's gonna pull a Lucas, we won't see Joker again. And I agree with Void. He's already bastardized the Joker, killing Batman wouldn't be that much further of a stretch. :lol

The ghost of Ms. Dawes will show up and seduce Bruce Wayne. :wink1:I don't agree with bastardization exactly, but I did not like what Nolan did with Two-Face. That was my gripe.

These people knocking Christopher Nolan's movies... Do you order these figures? And if so... Why? I love them. They're my favorite take on the character. They also happen to be my favorite films ever despite the few flaws I see in them. The original Star Wars trilogy and Indiana Jones films are my next favorite things for comparison in taste.

Just asking considering they cost $150-$300 a pop.

bastardize batman? I don't see it.

I grew up during Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman and Robin, The Cartoons, the comics.

I don't see Batman Begins, and TDK bastardizing anything. Frankly I dont' see how people hold Batman, and Batman Returns in such high respect. Short of saying Nicholson sucked as Joker, and I like Jack Nicholson as an actor. But if that's what people like, all power and respect to them.

edit: I do have to add, the Bat Wing was awesome!!

Last edited:
Nicholson sucked as Joker.....

113698198-339486197ccade650814f038b.gif

These people knocking Christopher Nolan's movies... Do you order these figures? And if so... Why? I love them. They're my favorite take on the character. They also happen to be my favorite films ever despite the few flaws I see in them. The original Star Wars trilogy and Indiana Jones films are my next favorite things for comparison in taste.

Just asking considering they cost $150-$300 a pop.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

bastardize batman? I don't see it.

I grew up during Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman and Robin, The Cartoons, the comics.

I don't see Batman Begins, and TDK bastardizing anything.
Frankly I dont' see how people hold Batman, and Batman Returns in such high respect. Short of saying Nicholson sucked as Joker, and I like Jack Nicholson as an actor. But if that's what people like, all power and respect to them.

edit: I do have to add, the Bat Wing was awesome!!

:exactly::exactly::exactly::exactly:

Nicholson < Ledger < Hamill

'nuff said.

Burton's are overrated. They're not as dark as people make them out to be. They're more or less a remake of the '60s show with some typical Tim Burton imagery thrown in and poor lighting. The scripts make little sense as a coherent story and the characters are not literal translations of comic book characters just like Nolan's aren't. And Batman and Bruce are never fleshed out characters. Val Kilmer came closest to being a real human character but Over the top villains, neon, and nipples overshadowed his performance.

That said, I still like Burton's films. I grew up with them. They introduced me to the character. They paved the way for B:TAS (arguably better than Nolan's trilogy). But as an adult, eh... They're nothing but nonsensical fun. Nothing special enough for me to want those figures (why I don't post in those topics critiquing it constantly!).

Nicholson didn't suck. He was funny. But that was about all he had going for him. You didn't hate him. Or find him scary. Or menacing. You cheered for him because the script gave him more character development and screen time than Bruce Wayne!

Oh, and while I love the Joker just being with no origin explanation, if you do go the vat of chemicals route, don't make him a gangster before. He isn't transformed into Joker. He's still Jack Napier... With a weird smile and white skin.

Jack was a load of fun (museum scene and the parade are my favorite moments with him) but the writer's certainly didn't nail the character's motivations of chaos and disorder. They touched on it, but there were the mix ups of love and money thrown in too. That was wrong.

Why and I invisible? :dunno

You're not. If you look closely, you'll see that whatever's left of your body has been disintegrated, and your charred remains are now blowing in the wind toward a flock of very (VERY) hungry seagulls. :lecture

Nicholson didn't suck. He was funny. But that was about all he had going for him. You didn't hate him. Or find him scary. Or menacing. You cheered for him because the script gave him more character development and screen time than Bruce Wayne!

Oh, and while I love the Joker just being with no origin explanation, if you do go the vat of chemicals route, don't make him a gangster before. He isn't transformed into Joker. He's still Jack Napier... With a weird smile and white skin.

Jack was a load of fun (museum scene and the parade are my favorite moments with him) but the writer's certainly didn't nail the character's motivations of chaos and disorder. They touched on it, but there were the mix ups of love and money thrown in too. That was wrong.

You make a good point. I think maybe i'm just a Burton Hater? :dunno

You're not. If you look closely, you'll see that whatever's left of your body has been disintegrated, and your charred remains are now blowing in the wind toward a flock of very (VERY) hungry seagulls. :lecture

That's cool! I would much rather have became one with the Force but being seagull munch will do.

On a more on topic statement. I really hope this Leaky suit issue is blown out of proportion, it would really suck. I have the DX and although it doesn't look bad(yet) I have the thought of the oily suit on my mind when I'm glancing at him on the shelf.

I don't think Begins or The Dark Knight bastardized anything personally and I enjoy them as much as I like the Burton stuff.

I agree with Nam though with his observations and disgust with the exaggerating Nolan and Ledger Joker fans but I don't think that means the films are crap by any means. The pretentious ones that think they have eloquent tastes in film, use rotten tomatoes as a template for what makes a superior film and spew extreme adoration for said films/directors/actors, they bother me. For them, it has to be "something more" or it isn't good enough. It's more of a "great Nolan film" instead of a great Batman film. If you really want to see this ugly side, hell, just visit superherohype. They're a disgusting bunch. I can see how these people would ruin the films for people like Nam because it is such mindless bull____. Does he overreact a bit? Sure. But we're all passionate about this kind of stuff.

However, I don't let that obsession influence my interest or views of Begins or The Dark Knight. I think they're great, I like what I like. The second coming of cinema? No. But really good Batman films? You bet.

Now all the Burton/'89 is ____, overrated crap. There's a reason why the films are held in such high regard, even considered a classic. Only a few people tend to hate on Begins and TDK, but '89 has gone through 20 years of bull ____ and has still come through the ringer with only a few bumps and scrapes. I'm sure during '89 and onward you had fans that wouldn't get off Burton's ____ (like Nolan) and obsessed about the Batman films of that time. Batmania of '89 was probably a huge turn off to people just like it is now and was in '08.

These films do kind of get too bloated, big and obnoxious, the loony fanboys especially. They eat and breath this stuff.

Personally, I think both eras of films have their flaws as well as their perfections and highlights. One achieves what the other can't. Whether it's story telling or visuals, designs or tone. It's just so frustrating to see "sides". Whiny and annoying "Nolanites" and fruity ass "Burtonites". I rarely find people that can like both equally without critique. People just feel so passionate that they feel that there must be a definitive winner and ____ on everything else. It's not just with these Batman films, it's with everything. People need to open up more and not get so caught up in the supposed "quality" of films like "da oscahs" or ____ty reviews made by losers with bloated egos. They tend to forget about their feelings for something. Too often they feel their opinion or interests are threatened because others don't agree.

Begins, The Dark Knight, '89 hell almost everything but Batman and Robin is good stuff. The only reason they get scrutinized is because the fans and times change.

I guarantee there's a revolution years from now where people pick apart the Nolan films when the "latest and greatest" Batman flicks are out. Generations of new movie goers. It's already started to happen with people nitpicking about second shots of edits in TDK.

I like what I like too

I like the burton films but I love the Nolan ones, whether public opinion changes towards disgust at the Nolan films in 20 yrs or not, I know I'll love them still :dunno

That's just me - but I can appreciate almost anything Batman except batman and Robin

Back