Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love them both as well...2 totally different takes on the characters and that's why it's not boring, you can watch one one night and watch the other the next.

I personally like dudes that take themselves way too seriously...Glenn Danzig, Batman, Judge Dredd, etc. So I have to say, I really love what nolan has done. He really makes batman kick some ass. Although, I really hope he (batman) improves at his kraft in the next one. There were a few scenes in the last one where batman just shines through and basically makes everyone he's up against look foolish...like totally in control. But I wish they showed his emotion escalate a bit more...as he kinda just screams with his fists up when the joker is talking to him.

That being said, Keaton is so friggin awesome. I can flip on B89 and just think about how perfectly he captured it for me. He really is the cool and confident way a seasoned batman should be.

I really appreciate what nolan and ledger did with the joker. I think it really tastefully encompasses the ideology of the joker. It feels really fresh, but familiar. I just think its so well written, and really well executed. It's like a mixed up boiling pot of all the different kinds of joker making this perfect monster.

But the jack joker always cracks me up. I appreciate that performance the same way I do hamill on TAS. It's just classic and iconic. I feel like I've gotten so used to it that it feels good to have your john dimaggio's and heath ledgers doing different takes on it.

I don't think a character like the joker should have a "definitive" sound, look, or feel. He's got a certain familiarity but he should be unpredictable.

I can't help but feel a little bit sad that every batman on film is always murdering people. As much as I love the dark knight, the fact that he lets the joker live and accidentally kills two face is so friggin silly. It just makes no sense. And it's like the same thing happened in the last one with Ra's.

I don't like batman returns...it just didn't age well for me, but he kills like a handful of people in that movie. Still burton wasn't really preaching the idea of not killing people. bale becomes batman because he can't kill...then the movie ends with him basically killing someone. So I can appreciate keaton strapping a friggin gargoyle to jack nicholson and letting him eat it.

I personally like dudes that take themselves way too seriously...Glenn Danzig, Batman, Judge Dredd, etc. So I have to say, I really love what nolan has done. He really makes batman kick some ass. Although, I really hope he (batman) improves at his kraft in the next one. There were a few scenes in the last one where batman just shines through and basically makes everyone he's up against look foolish...like totally in control. But I wish they showed his emotion escalate a bit more...as he kinda just screams with his fists up when the joker is talking to him.

That being said, Keaton is so friggin awesome. I can flip on B89 and just think about how perfectly he captured it for me. He really is the cool and confident way a seasoned batman should be. I

I really appreciate what nolan and ledger did with the joker. I think it really tastefully encompasses the ideology of the joker. It feels really fresh, but familiar. I just think its so well written, and really well executed. It's like a mixed up boiling pot of all the different kinds of joker making this perfect monster.

But the jack joker always cracks me up. I appreciate that performance the same way I do hamill on TAS. It's just classic and iconic. I feel like I've gotten so used to it that it feels good to have your john dimaggio's and heath ledgers doing different takes on it.

I don't think a character like the joker should have a "definitive" sound, look, or feel. He's got a certain familiarity but he should be unpredictable.

I can't help but feel a little bit sad that every batman on film is always murdering people. As much as I love the dark knight, the fact that he lets the joker live and accidentally kills two face is so friggin silly. It just makes no sense. And it's like the same thing happened in the last one with Ra's.

I don't like batman returns...it just didn't age well for me, but he kills like a handful of people in that movie. Still burton wasn't really preaching the idea of not killing people. bale becomes batman because he can't kill...then the movie ends with him basically killing someone. So I can appreciate keaton strapping a friggin gargoyle to jack nicholson and letting him eat it.

:goodpost: :exactly:

:lol @ the people who took my ":stick" at void for anything more than razzing. :monkey1

:lol:lol:lol:slap

:goodpost::clap

Hey good post. I like what you wrote. Its good to see someone write something worth reading than the arguing back n forth, name calling, etc. Even if I dont agree on just a couple of things, I'm just appreciative you took the time to share your opinions and put some thought into it without name calling or ridiculing someone else on here. Rare these days.

:wave

Yeah agreed - that was a very good post.

I saw this talk with Nolan yesterday, the entire thing is great, and a lot of nice insight into his film making and idea behind Begins, why he did TDK, and what he wants to do with TDKR (very briefly)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MF3iPmSgGE"]SBIFF 2011 - Modern Master Award to Christopher Nolan with Special Guest Leonardo DiCaprio - YouTube[/ame]

But watch 14:00 onwards for some stuff on Ledger's joker

Wow, this thread got good since the last time I was here. DiFabio, in particular. I really enjoy your Batman posts. :duff

Killing Batman would indeed be contrived and cliched. The Bat don't sacrifice. An ascension to Heaven is not rising, it's a romanticized fall into a hole in the ground. Bruce Wayne would not have attained his goal of becoming a legend. More like a cautionary tale of what happens when people try to be heroes. The opinions of others, legion though they may be, will always be a sickly mirage of what a red-blooded god on earth can achieve.

The incomparable virtue of Bruce Wayne has been his ability to maintain his own legend, in his own time. Begins set up the motive and the objective. TDK set up the nature of his obstacles (including the spectre of collateral damage as represented by Harvey Dent). TDKR is prime to deliver the man's victory, and to leave a conviction in the audience that his victory is permanent. The legend has to become real, and reality is not a wistful, inspirational phantasm in the minds of the faithful.

The incomparable virtue of Bruce Wayne has been his ability to maintain his own legend, in his own time. Begins set up the motive and the objective. TDK set up the nature of his obstacles (including the spectre of collateral damage as represented by Harvey Dent). TDKR is prime to deliver the man's victory, and to leave a conviction in the audience that his victory is permanent. The legend has to become real, and reality is not a wistful, inspirational phantasm in the minds of the faithful.

While I maintain that killing Batman could still be done very effectively, I like this interpretation and honestly this is the direction I would prefer for the film

I just want to see a scene where Alfred is watching a Star Wars movie in his home theater, preferably one of the PT and Bruce comes in and just shakes his head at Alfred :yess:

Also a scene where Gordon's kid has a Hot Toys Batman in his bedroom :yess:

Last edited:
I just want to see a scene where Alfred is watching a Star Wars movie in his home theater, preferably ESB, and Bruce comes in and just shakes his head at Alfred :yess:

Also a scene where Gordon's kid has a Hot Toys Batman in his bedroom :yess:

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

As far as TDKR im really hoping to be surprised with AH as Catwoman...I think it's a shakey casting choice, and while I do not want to see BM killed off I also don't want a typical Hollywood ending.

There was an early episode of West Coast Customs(before the show was called that, but the name elludes me right now) and Ryan met with Sly Stallone to build a car for The Expendibles and in Sly's office he has more than 1 HT and comments on his collection.

Batman never killed Dent at the end of the TDK, Dent fell and was knocked out. Gordon and Bats said Dent was dead to save his "White Knight" image while Two Face sits in Arkham all poopy.

While I maintain that killing Batman could still be done very effectively...

Depends on the effect you're looking for.

intothevoid said:
...I like this interpretation and honestly this is the direction I would prefer for the film

If Nolan is a storyteller and not an iconoclast, then it's a safe bet we'll see that film.

Killing Batman would indeed be contrived and cliched. The Bat don't sacrifice. An ascension to Heaven is not rising, it's a romanticized fall into a hole in the ground. Bruce Wayne would not have attained his goal of becoming a legend. More like a cautionary tale of what happens when people try to be heroes. The opinions of others, legion though they may be, will always be a sickly mirage of what a red-blooded god on earth can achieve.

Yep, you got it. Agreed.

I don't think Begins or The Dark Knight bastardized anything personally and I enjoy them as much as I like the Burton stuff.

I agree with Nam though with his observations and disgust with the exaggerating Nolan and Ledger Joker fans but I don't think that means the films are crap by any means. The pretentious ones that think they have eloquent tastes in film, use rotten tomatoes as a template for what makes a superior film and spew extreme adoration for said films/directors/actors, they bother me. For them, it has to be "something more" or it isn't good enough. It's more of a "great Nolan film" instead of a great Batman film. If you really want to see this ugly side, hell, just visit superherohype. They're a disgusting bunch. I can see how these people would ruin the films for people like Nam because it is such mindless bull____. Does he overreact a bit? Sure. But we're all passionate about this kind of stuff.

However, I don't let that obsession influence my interest or views of Begins or The Dark Knight. I think they're great, I like what I like. The second coming of cinema? No. But really good Batman films? You bet.

Now all the Burton/'89 is ____, overrated crap. There's a reason why the films are held in such high regard, even considered a classic. Only a few people tend to hate on Begins and TDK, but '89 has gone through 20 years of bull ____ and has still come through the ringer with only a few bumps and scrapes. I'm sure during '89 and onward you had fans that wouldn't get off Burton's ____ (like Nolan) and obsessed about the Batman films of that time. Batmania of '89 was probably a huge turn off to people just like it is now and was in '08.

These films do kind of get too bloated, big and obnoxious, the loony fanboys especially. They eat and breath this stuff.

Personally, I think both eras of films have their flaws as well as their perfections and highlights. One achieves what the other can't. Whether it's story telling or visuals, designs or tone. It's just so frustrating to see "sides". Whiny and annoying "Nolanites" and fruity ass "Burtonites". I rarely find people that can like both equally without critique. People just feel so passionate that they feel that there must be a definitive winner and ____ on everything else. It's not just with these Batman films, it's with everything. People need to open up more and not get so caught up in the supposed "quality" of films like "da oscahs" or ____ty reviews made by losers with bloated egos. They tend to forget about their feelings for something. Too often they feel their opinion or interests are threatened because others don't agree.

Begins, The Dark Knight, '89 hell almost everything but Batman and Robin is good stuff. The only reason they get scrutinized is because the fans and times change.

I guarantee there's a revolution years from now where people pick apart the Nolan films when the "latest and greatest" Batman flicks are out. Generations of new movie goers. It's already started to happen with people nitpicking about second shots of edits in TDK.

*waits for the Nolaninnies to inevitably come back with "well, his martyrdom will have inspired the people of Gotham to fight back against corruption to take their city back, with the 'spirit' of Batman alive in their hearts sand souls.* :monkey1 :lol

I don't really understand all of the support behind the notion that Batman "should die" - if he does, then it wouldn't make any sense! Remember, in the cover-up that was devised between Batman and Commissioner Gordon, Harvey Dent already filled that role as the martyr, a sort of "White Knight" who was killed while trying to make Gotham City a better place. There's already a martyr in the story - a "hero" who has been immortalized in the hearts of the citizens, so why would there be a need for another one (let alone, a dead Batman)? :dunno

I'm still going with the scenario that Bane will break Batman and leave him paralyzed at the end, or severely injured (as was Bane's initial role in the comics). That way, Bruce Wayne would still be alive, and it will give Nolan some leeway if he should ever decide to make another movie.

Remember when Lando Calrissian was Harvey Dent? That was pretty cool. And then Sheriff Ed Tom Bell played him and that wasn't pretty cool at all.

ed-tom-bell.jpg

Back