Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that's the case then maybe it's not them doing the production

But why would they post stuff that's not theirs on FB?

Can't say, just know they have. Also let people post their photos on their FB. I've posted my bashes on there that used HP Sculpts.
They even posted one of mine fron here I didn't know about till I went to FB.

If they do indeed recast HT's head, that's pretty shady and low of them. but I kinda doubt it, as he's a sculptor himself, and he's a member here as well right? Got a thread back at the customs section.

That's why I think somebody else posted it on their FB. Just sharing. Happens all the time. HT FB moves those kind of photos to a special Album. But HP just leaves them on their main Wall.

This is being produced by head play - they posted it on their facebook

The neck looks atrocious lol

Ohhh man, if that Wayne sculpt is really from Headplay, he's becoming a real pain-in-the-ass to Hot Toys. First, there was the whole Metal Gear Solid situation, and now he's actually starting to make bootlegged recasts of original Hot Toys sculpts. :slap

Gotcha. And yeah, I laughed my ass off when I saw that. :lol

Gotta love their use of the "Engrish" language. :rotfl

Why are villains' lives important?

Because without the villains there would be no need for a hero. Batman is my favorite hero, of all time, and personally I want to see his career ended in this movie. Either by him being killed, or preferably by Bane breaking him. That way, he could make a comeback just long enough to defeat Bane, but not be able to continue to fight. Think of Edge, if you watch wrestling at all.

And some part of me always expected Two-Face to die. I was kind of hoping he would do the deed himself, after the coin made the decision, but I can live with how it happened.

Because without the villains there would be no need for a hero. Batman is my favorite hero, of all time, and personally I want to see his career ended in this movie. Either by him being killed, or preferably by Bane breaking him. That way, he could make a comeback just long enough to defeat Bane, but not be able to continue to fight. Think of Edge, if you watch wrestling at all.

And some part of me always expected Two-Face to die. I was kind of hoping he would do the deed himself, after the coin made the decision, but I can live with how it happened.

Failed comparison. Edge was a B-lister. Even when he was a heel (which was arguably him at his biggest), there were bigger stars. :lol

As for Batman dying, I'm all for it... in the Nolanverse. I'd like to see the sun set on this "aspect" of Batman and have someone else come along and do a better job with something thats a lot closer to the comic books. Nolan has developed a fragile world in his Batman series and while so far it has worked with the first two (we don't know how good this last one is gonna be and the pics look horrid - could be Nolan's "Returns"), like Burton's, they could potentially get a hell of a lot worse with someone else at the helm.

Failed comparison. Edge was a B-lister. Even when he was a heel (which was arguably him at his biggest), there were bigger stars. :lol

As for Batman dying, I'm all for it... in the Nolanverse. I'd like to see the sun set on this "aspect" of Batman and have someone else come along and do a better job with something thats a lot closer to the comic books. Nolan has developed a fragile world in his Batman series and while so far it has worked with the first two (we don't know how good this last one is gonna be and the pics look horrid - could be Nolan's "Returns"), like Burton's, they could potentially get a hell of a lot worse with someone else at the helm.
Catwoman looks terrible :lecture

:exactly:

my feelings towards how Catwoman looks is well beyond disappointment :(

Plus I don't like Anne Hathaway's acting which just puts another mark against her being in that role

She's not even in the Newmar ballpark and it was a HUGE mistake to think she can pull off that look. She doesn't have the body and I don't find her sexy in the least bit. Plus, she's cow-eyed. :lol

Great. Then I don't have to worry about the HT Catwoman or Bane selling out. Oh wait, I forgot, people that seem to hate Nolan's movies will still buy the figures! :slap

I think they should rename "The Dark Knight Rises" to "Catwoman Begins". :horror :lol

Not convinced by what I've seen of Catwoman so far either but I'll pass my final judgement after I've seen the film.

:exactly:

Remember all the complaining about Heath Ledger being cast? Or about him wearing make up? Now we have these crazy Ledger fanboys running around getting every custom sculpt ever made! Go figure.

While I was always excited by the left field casting of Ledger and the fact that he wore make up instead of having white skin, I must admit I HATED the pictures released of the Tumbler before "Batman Begins" came out. Even the first scene of it driving I wasn't sold. But then the chase scene occurred and it all made sense to me. Let's wait and see why she looks the way she does.

If I had to nitpick one thing about her outfit, it's the heels. They don't seem to fit this world of imaginary realism. But then I realized that if Anne and her stunt woman are running around in them, that's not that unrealistic. Just impractical. But regardless, I can overlook that one thing. Bring on the figure now, Hot Toys!!!

Back