Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly:

Remember all the complaining about Heath Ledger being cast? Or about him wearing make up? Now we have these crazy Ledger fanboys running around getting every custom sculpt ever made! Go figure.

While I was always excited by the left field casting of Ledger and the fact that he wore make up instead of having white skin, I must admit I HATED the pictures released of the Tumbler before "Batman Begins" came out. Even the first scene of it driving I wasn't sold. But then the chase scene occurred and it all made sense to me. Let's wait and see why she looks the way she does.

If I had to nitpick one thing about her outfit, it's the heels. They don't seem to fit this world of imaginary realism. But then I realized that if Anne and her stunt woman are running around in them, that's not that unrealistic. Just impractical. But regardless, I can overlook that one thing. Bring on the figure now, Hot Toys!!!

When i saw the pics of the tumbler i was dissappointed, but when i saw the movie, I got it, and thought it was really cool. I wasnt thrilled about Heath but when I saw the teaser pic I was really impressed. I'm not impressed at all with what I've seen so far from Hathaway.

When i saw the pics of the tumbler i was dissappointed, but when i saw the movie, I got it, and thought it was really cool. I wasnt thrilled about Heath but when I saw the teaser pic I was really impressed. I'm not impressed at all with what I've seen so far from Hathaway.

Not sure if you're agreeing or arguing my point but you basically confirm every point I was trying to make.

It's all about context. You gotta see the movie before passing judgment. I won't argue with you if you dislike it after you see the movie. You'll be entitled to that opinion. But looking at one teaser pic or a few crappy cell phone paparazzi shots is not really worth panicking over. Did we know Scarecrow would be an attractive actor in a suit and tie instead of an ugly guy dressed in a full scarecrow costume? I didn't know that going in but woulda been skeptical of the movie even more than I was had I known that. But it all makes sense in the context of this series. And that's why these films are so cool in my opinion.

Not sure if you're agreeing or arguing my point but you basically confirm every point I was trying to make.

It's all about context. You gotta see the movie before passing judgment. I won't argue with you if you dislike it after you see the movie. You'll be entitled to that opinion. But looking at one teaser pic or a few crappy cell phone paparazzi shots is not really worth panicking over. Did we know Scarecrow would be an attractive actor in a suit and tie instead of an ugly guy dressed in a full scarecrow costume? I didn't know that going in but woulda been skeptical of the movie even more than I was had I known that. But it all makes sense in the context of this series. And that's why these films are so cool in my opinion.

Basically I agree with you, hopefully when I see this she blows me out of the water and delivers a great performance.

Only a few more weeks before the BB ships, can't wait!

Because without the villains there would be no need for a hero. Batman is my favorite hero, of all time, and personally I want to see his career ended in this movie. Either by him being killed, or preferably by Bane breaking him. That way, he could make a comeback just long enough to defeat Bane, but not be able to continue to fight. Think of Edge, if you watch wrestling at all.

And some part of me always expected Two-Face to die. I was kind of hoping he would do the deed himself, after the coin made the decision, but I can live with how it happened.

Villains are supposed to fail. Heroes are not. In a limited storytelling medium like a film trilogy, no villain in particular needs to survive from one to the next. There just has to be a new one to replace the old one if they die.

Death is the epitome of failure and to kill a hero is to negate everything they stand for. Victory is critical to the representation of heroism, unless the goal of the storyteller is to demean the hero.

Which is why nam wants him dead. He's not a fan of Nolan's Batverse, so he wants it cancelled out as well as can be done. Thankfully for those who do like it, Nolan did not create a Batman destined for failure in the first beat of the story. With any luck, he'll stay true to that.

:lol at all the hating

Just to rub the phrase in... wait for it...

In Nolan I Trust
:D:D:D

And I thought for sure you were going to say, "What's with all the tittybabies???" :monkey1

Villains are supposed to fail. Heroes are not. In a limited storytelling medium like a film trilogy, no villain in particular needs to survive from one to the next. There just has to be a new one to replace the old one if they die.

Death is the epitome of failure and to kill a hero is to negate everything they stand for. Victory is critical to the representation of heroism, unless the goal of the storyteller is to demean the hero.

Which is why nam wants him dead. He's not a fan of Nolan's Batverse, so he wants it cancelled out as well as can be done. Thankfully for those who do like it, Nolan did not create a Batman destined for failure in the first beat of the story. With any luck, he'll stay true to that.

I don't agree with the notion that a hero dying = failure

Plus, in Begins, the whole concept of 'if you become more than just a man, if you become an ideal... then you become something else entirely.... LEGEND' (add to that the fact that this line is repeated in the teaser trailer)

And Bruce saying to Alfred on the plane back to Gotham in BB 'as a man i'm flesh and blood, I can be destroyed... but as a symbol... I can be everlasting', in corruptable...etc etc

That can equally be viewed as setting things up for Batman to die in a final heroic act, but his legend and his example living on.

Again, not saying i'm expecting this to happen or that I want it to happen, just saying it is for me certainly possible, and in my mind it could be done in a way completely in line with the themes of the first two films.

Nolan's Batman films are not set in an idealistic world where the hero always wins the day, the end of TDK is testament to that. Of course, one expects in TDKR there will be a degree of 'redemption' and that is evident from the title, but Batman can be redeemed and still end up dead at the end IMO

And I thought for sure you were going to say, "What's with all the tittybabies???" :monkey1

Not my style :wave

Last edited:
intothevoid, I completely disagree. There is no separating an ideal from reality. An ideal without a reality is a myth, and a reality without the ideal is a man who fell short. The only legends that have something to gain by ceasing to exist represent ideals that are not realistic. The fact that they no longer have their corporeal being to impede their mythology allows their faithful to believe in something which all real evidence contradicts.

And yeah. Hathaway already looks 1000x better than Berry.

I think Hathaway was a great choice for Catwoman. She is a good actress, and very attractive. And not a 4'11" waif.
I'm not just in love with the interesting mask and ears (And OSHA would not approve those high heels for base jumping wear) but who knows what this really represents as far as her final costume in the movie? Might be something worn to a costume party or anything else. Nolan tries to ground this stuff in the real world, or at least a near future real world. I'm just going to hope for the best. I haven't been disappointed by his films yet.

intothevoid, I completely disagree. There is no separating an ideal from reality. An ideal without a reality is a myth, and a reality without the ideal is a man who fell short. The only legends that have something to gain by ceasing to exist represent ideals that are not realistic. The fact that they no longer have their corporeal being to impede their mythology allows their faithful to believe in something which all real evidence contradicts.

And yeah. Hathaway already looks 1000x better than Berry.

An ideal without a reality is a myth:
If he dies, then one way it could work is if he has someone ready to take up his mantle, which in the confines of a 2.5 hour (presumably) movie with so much already going on, does not seem likely. But that would ensure the ideal is something within reach and there is someone carrying on the work.

Unless that someone is Bruce Wayne himself and the ending involves Batman either being rendered physically unable to continue due to injury by Bane or he feels Batman is finally no longer needed, and he can better serve Gotham in his philanthropic capacity.

OR in the act of his death he saves Gotham from one final threat which in itself results in the ideal being reached. A tipping point where enough citizens are inspired to overcome corruption and evil.

Anyway - I can agree to disagree

You'll have to because I can go on forever.

But I won't. :duff

(However, I can't resist pointing out that seeing Batman's mission as one of service to Gotham belies a fundamental misunderstanding of the character. Altruism is a piece of the Bruce Wayne facade.)

Halle Berry = :drool:drool:drool:drool

Halle Berry as Catwoman = :rip

Halle Berry as Giacinta "Jinx" Johnson =
daffy-fap.gif

You'll have to because I can go on forever.

But I won't. :duff

(However, I can't resist pointing out that seeing Batman's mission as one of service to Gotham belies a fundamental misunderstanding of the character. Altruism is a piece of the Bruce Wayne facade.)

I could too

So probably a good idea to save this thread :duff (non-alcoholic version :lol)

(Remember this is Nolan's version of Batman, I think this version IS fundamentally about service to gotham... he was ready to hang up the cowl in TDK too if things had worked out with Dent. I agree the comic book character is not, he will always need to fight as that's his means of expression)

(Remember this is Nolan's version of Batman, I think this version IS fundamentally about service to gotham... he was ready to hang up the cowl in TDK too if things had worked out with Dent. I agree the comic book character is not, he will always need to fight as that's his means of expression)

My take on this idea is that:

Begins = His Beginning
TDK = He's still coming to grips with his role and thinking it will be temporary, that somewhere Gotham will not need a Batman, as now a White Knight can do the job
TDKR = He comes to terms with his role and realises he is Batman, NOT Bruce Wayne :rock

Back