Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just noticed an issue with my figure.

On the neck of the Bale headsculpt, there is a black mark indented into the sculpting. I've tried stratching it off but it's definetly stuck into the sculpt.

Any ideas as to what to do?

There all like that.

I personally feel this isn't an issue. It's a rubber suite and we could clearly see from some prototype pics that the suite wasn't filled out in all areas. Rubber ain't easy at this scale.

I wouldn't let it bother you dude!

Thanks guys!! I guess I kinda feel better now. Thats not my video but mine batman have that issue. I just wanna see if any of u guys have that issue also. The guy in the video got a new body from SideShow because of that issue.

not really, given you got a issue-free figure. :wink1:

I'd say this figure looks like ____ compared to the OC, even when it doesn't have any QC problems. The suit is almost baggy, and the neutral mouth sculpt is nowhere near as good as the mouth sculpt on the OC. I also think the paintwork on the cowled head (eyes and mouths) is not as precise as the paintwork on the original. If they do a DX down the line (and by 2013 of course they will) they should go back to the original and try and replicate it exactly.

The thinner rubber is the reason it distorts so easily when you move the elbows or put the belt on. However, the thinner material also allows for a greater range of motion; unlike the original. I like this version better.

I have to say as much as I love the new interchangeable faces the original looks much more detailed on display. It looks like a face squeezed into a rubber cowl more? But apart from the considerable QC issues, there are lots of reasons to pick this up.

I heard that all the HT Toy Fair Exclusive products are partnerships between Sideshow Collectibles and HT but are actually made in sideshow factories. My mate was telling me this and explaining why the new Batman Begins Exclusive was so badly made and of poor quality control which would totally make sense if it were true, can anyone confirm this?

I heard that all the HT Toy Fair Exclusive products are partnerships between Sideshow Collectibles and HT but are actually made in sideshow factories. My mate was telling me this and explaining why the new Batman Begins Exclusive was so badly made and of poor quality control which would totally make sense if it were true, can anyone confirm this?

There is no truth to that.

Rubber peel at the back on the waist line, typical right side dent, boot peg holder chipped and not functional, less articulation in right arm compared to left......

Funny thing is, I love this figure.

Its not funny the more you we get around hot toys NEW released figures the lower our expectations get. Soon a figure with a body thats broken in half will be acceptable and well just say hey I paid 250.00 shipped for this figure and I'm OK with it. :hi5:

Rubber peel at the back on the waist line, typical right side dent, boot peg holder chipped and not functional, less articulation in right arm compared to left......

Funny thing is, I love this figure.

I'd say this figure looks like ____ compared to the OC, even when it doesn't have any QC problems. The suit is almost baggy, and the neutral mouth sculpt is nowhere near as good as the mouth sculpt on the OC. I also think the paintwork on the cowled head (eyes and mouths) is not as precise as the paintwork on the original. If they do a DX down the line (and by 2013 of course they will) they should go back to the original and try and replicate it exactly.

Like jester said, the thinner suit makes the articulation of the OC limited compare to this new BB TF EX. I disagree, I believe that neutral mouth and so as the other sculpted mouths of this figure looks fantastic IMHO.

Anyway, to each is to his own I guess. :)

Its not funny the more you we get around hot toys NEW released figures the lower our expectations get. Soon a figure with a body thats broken in half will be acceptable and well just say hey I paid 250.00 shipped for this figure and I'm OK with it. :hi5:

Trust me, its not that my expectations have been lowered, Its just that this figure has such a demanding look where he stands. That and you cant notice a thing wrong with him when he's displayed.

I personally wont be purchasing any more hot toys for a while because of their recently poor quality figures. Sideshow are a much safer bet.

Hardly...my last 3 clones all had issues that required new replacement parts. All companies have these issues from time to time particularly with this level of complexity. Not excusing it but I don't think one fairs too much better than another when it comes to production issues.

I havn't heard of any such SS issues although obviously there's gonna be occasional mishaps. I just think HT licenses are lacking originality which has me turned off.

Good news everyone - JUST received my boot yesterday - it seems they include ANOTHER joint with the boot. It's a bit springy but not as bad as before - the joint connection is solid and now my Batman can be posed and stand with no worries.

I have to commend SS for their efforts and I will be writing them a thank you email - as for HT - man, they suck now. I soooo looked foward to buying a new re-issue Batpod but now I'm not so sure. Maybe I will - but HT has def. fallen from the heights of glory in CQ.

Thanks everyone for the love and support. And for everyone else with a bad boot - please stress to them to make sure it has a a good hold and not give you another crappy boot.

Safety and Peace to all

Back