Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I havn't heard of any such SS issues although obviously there's gonna be occasional mishaps. I just think HT licenses are lacking originality which has me turned off.

When SSCs first issued the Prometheus body & the accompanying armored body, they were racked with problems...primarily loose joints but it was just as prolific as HTs problem with rubber suits. And back then, everyone, including myself, was comparing it to the HTs TTs body and wondering when SSCs was gonna achieve that type of joint tightness on a consistent basis.

SSCs got a handle on it eventually. HTs still seems to be struggling with their issue for some reason. Still, these types persistent issues plague all companies every now and again.

I hear what you are saying but production problems are not exclusive to HTs.

My replacement arrived today and it's perfect!

Here were reasons why I asked for a replacement:
-Crotch was unglued
-display stand was broken upon opening, the name plate was rattling around inside
-hard to pose... arms wouldn't stay up
-batcowl never sat on shoulders properly. there was always an air gap.

Now after inspecting the new one, the reason my batcowl never sat properly was because in my first one, it never had a black neck piece! I was using the bruce wayne neck the whole time and swapping heads AND necks everytime!

Whew, glad I didn't settle. That was ridiculous.l

When SSCs first issued the Prometheus body & the accompanying armored body, they were racked with problems...primarily loose joints but it was just as prolific as HTs problem with rubber suits. And back then, everyone, including myself, was comparing it to the HTs TTs body and wondering when SSCs was gonna achieve that type of joint tightness on a consistent basis.

SSCs got a handle on it eventually. HTs still seems to be struggling with their issue for some reason. Still, these types persistent issues plague all companies every now and again.

I hear what you are saying but production problems are not exclusive to HTs.

I thought the sideshow armored bodies were from hot toys? Or at least designed and manufactured in close collaboration with hot toys.

I have two feelings about this figure.

#1 - It's a pain in the ass in terms of trying to pose it, getting the cape connected, and the crooked knee pad just plain sucked.

and my 2nd feeling...It just looks so epic sitting in my case. I mean, any negative feelings I have about that figure completely dissolve every time I look at it.

I ordered a second figure using my cousin's account and it's perfect! No issues whatsoever. Today I returned the one I ordered with my account which came with a few defects (loose boot, loose joints on right arm, etc.). It's sad that I had to order a second one with another account to finally get a good one. By the way, I could tell the second one had been inspected prior shipping. It was opened and they even put in a $15 gift card. I guess they are now opening them to make sure they are defect free.:dunno

Guess I didn't read this thread close enough and paid the price.:(

I applied too much force fitting the right boot back to the ankle and something clipped off from the foot.:(:(

Now movement at that foot is restricted.:(:(:(

Just to clarify something - this figure is supposed to be packaged with the boots on isn't he? All this talk of 'putting boots back on' is because they are loose and/or broken and just fall off?

Just to clarify something - this figure is supposed to be packaged with the boots on isn't he? All this talk of 'putting boots back on' is because they are loose and/or broken and just fall off?

Yes. The boots are rightfully fitted but since the feet are hidden inside the boots. Couldn't tell if they are loose until removal from box.

I do suspect the boots might not be fitted properly in the first place, the boots seem to come off rather easily.... my first HT figure since a very long time, not sure if this the norm.

My replacement arrived today and it's perfect!

Here were reasons why I asked for a replacement:
-Crotch was unglued
-display stand was broken upon opening, the name plate was rattling around inside
-hard to pose... arms wouldn't stay up
-batcowl never sat on shoulders properly. there was always an air gap.

Now after inspecting the new one, the reason my batcowl never sat properly was because in my first one, it never had a black neck piece! I was using the bruce wayne neck the whole time and swapping heads AND necks everytime!

Whew, glad I didn't settle. That was ridiculous.l

Good for you Coheteboy! :hi5: Those issues you got are dreadful. Glad you got a perfect replacement. :)

Good for you Coheteboy! :hi5: Those issues you got are dreadful. Glad you got a perfect replacement. :)

Thanks!

And yah after "playing" with the first one and seeing all those problems and eventually seeing the peeling rubber marks, I knew that it had to go back. This new one is STILL in bruce wayne mode. I'm just going to enjoy it while longer before turning it into Batman permanently.

I e-mailed SS about my problems with the figure last night (belt broken, loose ankles mainly), and they replied this morning stating that they no longer have any extra replacement bodies or boots. :/
So they are offering me a $40 discount off my next order and the replacement belt, or a full return. Argh, I am in Canada so returning will be more of a hassle since I do want this figure.

I just want to verify, how loose should the ankles be normally? My figure's ankles are definitely a lot looser compared to my Bank Robber Joker, to the point where if I tilted him forward a bit too much, his ankles will give and he will fall face-first. Is this looseness normal?

Both of them. :/

EDIT: Just checked the ankles again while putting on the cape. I tried removing the boots and re-snapping them in, but it is still as loose as previously. When I tried moving the ball joint itself without the boots it seems okay, not too loose, which makes me wonder if this is supposed to be this loose in the first place. It doesn't make much sense for him to collapse on his ankles if I tilt him a bit though.

Last edited:
My Buddy just got his replacement boot and it worked like a charm. nice little pop when it slid into place.

Back