Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been trying to keep out of this thread, but I have a quick question: What are people getting replacement bodies for? I mean, what is the defect that justifies it?

The reason I ask is that mine is developing a very shinny ass, and the same thing is happening to the front of his legs...

Been trying to keep out of this thread, but I have a quick question: What are people getting replacement bodies for? I mean, what is the defect that justifies it?

The reason I ask is that mine is developing a very shinny ass, and the same thing is happening to the front of his legs...

I got a completely new replacement rubber body/true type because mine had a broken left, lower leg.

Well, I'm good there...

Anyone else? Wasn't this thread started originally because of a shinny ass?

I'm too lazy to take a pic of mine right now, but you can see what I'm talking about in Commtech's pics here:

2011-10-25_08-32-45_395.jpg

2011-10-25_08-33-47_502.jpg

Ignore the shirt being pulled up.

Look at the shinny ass in the first pic, and the shinny thighs in the second pic. The more this guy gets handled, the more the matte finish seems to rub off, leaving an unnaturally shiny finish in spots.

The more this guy gets handled, the more the matte finish seems to rub off, leaving an unnaturally shiny finish in spots.

Aha, so it is the same OC suit after all, just a matte finish punched on top of it, so those guys who wanted/preferred the texture of the old suit know that to get it back all they have to do is keep handling the figure with greasy hands... :wink1:

Not due to greasy hands. In fact grease would probably reduce the deterioration since it's actually a rub. Friction on the pants rubs off a layer of matte finish.

Outstanding service SSC. Good to know for the wait-listers.

They took care of a lot of folks, myself included. It's not their fault there wasn't a replacement for every faulty figure.

If someone has issues with this figure and can't get it replaced, put it up on ebay. Some idiot/idiots will throw down 300 bucks on it even with flaws and bad QC.

If someone has issues with this figure and can't get it replaced, put it up on ebay. Some idiot/idiots will throw down 300 bucks on it even with flaws and bad QC.

If anyone puts up the figure for $300 even with a couple of flaws and QC issues it will be gone in a flash! I cant believe that there are still so many listings trying to sell it at $500 and so, inspite of such a huge number of released units!

They took care of a lot of folks, myself included. It's not their fault there wasn't a replacement for every faulty figure.

If that is the case then SS can take it back and sell it on EBay. It is their fault they ran out of replacements. If YOU wouldn't mind not getting a replacement than give your parts to someone who needs it and sell yours on eBay.

Why does it need to be handled so much to the point of wear and tear?

If all you are gonna do is take your figure out of the do and pose it once then you should have no wear and tear...

But if you like to actually enjoy your figure that's another story...

If all you are gonna do is take your figure out of the do and pose it once then you should have no wear and tear...

But if you like to actually enjoy your figure that's another story...

Oh, I undoubtedly enjoy my figure regardless of how many times I pose it.

My point is, I haven't been abusing this figure in any way. The finish rubbing off isn't due to misuse, but from a defect.

My point is, I haven't been abusing this figure in any way. The finish rubbing off isn't due to misuse, but from a defect.

Okay, so then are you going to pursue a new body from SSC? You have to consider if you're going to be handling it a lot, it will most likely happen to your new one again and again and again.

It may be a defect, but it's going to potentially happen to all of them depending on how much you touch and pose it.

Well, that's why I started posting in this thread. Wondering if anyone had bothered getting a replacement for this problem.

Well, that's why I started posting in this thread. Wondering if anyone had bothered getting a replacement for this problem.

If it's bothering you enough just contact SSC and see what they say. It couldn't hurt to try. There's no point in waiting around to see if people think your return is warranted. If you're unhappy, go for it.

Well, I already got a replacement boot, which was a bigger issue.

Here's my original question again:

From the sound of it, the replacement bodies are for broken joints...

Back