Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I already got a replacement boot, which was a bigger issue.

Here's my original question again:

From the sound of it, the replacement bodies are for broken joints...

Or you can also derive that people with joint issues are the only ones who have contacted SSC in regard to a replacement body. Perhaps, others haven't found it be noticeable enough to trouble themselves.

Anyhow, by the sound of your initial question and the way you have concluded this conversation, it seems as if you have either formed your own conclusions or this was all rhetorical.

Mine came with a right broken boot :( i contacted SS and they have offered me $45 as they have no boots or bodies left, Or i can send it back for a refund.:dunno

Dunno what to do

Hey Mags, that Wayne of yours is on a Narrow TT or an Advanced TT?

The one in the 3 piece suit and tie?

Niether. He's on a TTL 2.0.

TTL_2_BODY_B1.jpg

If that is the case then SS can take it back and sell it on EBay. It is their fault they ran out of replacements. If YOU wouldn't mind not getting a replacement than give your parts to someone who needs it and sell yours on eBay.

Nonsense.

1. Sideshow accepts full returns, no questions asked.

2. This isn't an entitlement game. They took care of MY replacement parts, the problem was fixed and I destroyed the extra, faulty merchandise, as per their policy.

I don't see what the problem is. It isn't their fault that they ran out of replacements as they helped A LOT of collectors that had problems. You want to blame someone? Blame Hot Toys.

Yeah, it sucks there aren't any more replacements but that's how it is. For the most part though, if you ordered early and reported your problem/problems ASAP, Sideshow came through and helped you with their fantastic customer service. It's this little thing called first come, first served basis.

It's HT's responsibility. If SSC ran out of parts (because they didn't anticipate this big of a bad run on boots) HT should send SSC replacement parts for us.

Or you can also derive that people with joint issues are the only ones who have contacted SSC in regard to a replacement body. Perhaps, others haven't found it be noticeable enough to trouble themselves.

Anyhow, by the sound of your initial question and the way you have concluded this conversation, it seems as if you have either formed your own conclusions or this was all rhetorical.

For the record, here's a clear look at the finish rubbing off:

P1160274.jpg

P1160277.jpg

I have since cleared off the loose nubs and it's really not bad at all on the shelf. I'm quite satisfied with the figure I got since the boot was replaced. :)

Well that's only if you could get it all off evenly.

And then you would have shiny pants and a matte shirt...

Why does it need to be handled so much to the point of wear and tear?

These aren't kids toys but they do require some heavy handling in order to swap out all the hands and heads etc. I dunno about you guys but this figure in particular has been extremely difficult to swap hands for me. It took me half an hour on ONE... mostly because I didn't want to rub the armor off of it.

Mine came with a right broken boot :( i contacted SS and they have offered me $45 as they have no boots or bodies left, Or i can send it back for a refund.:dunno

Dunno what to do
Same here. :/

It shouldn't be that loose, Pazu.

From the sounds of it, your's wont even hold a pose without falling over.

It was just a matter of time before they ran out of replacement parts...:slap
Yup, really slapping myself for not contacting them a week or two earlier now. :/
Honestly, the only major problem I really have are the two boots' ankles not being able to without any weight. Aside from that, I really like the figure (don't really notice any body dents or anything, though I have not really checked that closely). I just need to get two normal boots with ankles that are not super loose and I would be happy.
Does Sideshow ever get more parts in? It is a really horrible situation as I really would not want to return the item.

To be honest, I'm still wondering if the matte finish has a set-up period. I am going to try and wait a bit before I do any large swaps or mods. I just want to give it a real chance to completely cure before I take risks of those sorts.

The rubbing off of the matte finish unevenly gives it a very realistic weathered look IMO... but maybe thats just my 'the glass is half filled' mentality :dunno

These aren't kids toys but they do require some heavy handling in order to swap out all the hands and heads etc. I dunno about you guys but this figure in particular has been extremely difficult to swap hands for me. It took me half an hour on ONE... mostly because I didn't want to rub the armor off of it.

The pegs pop out in seconds if you drop them in a bowl of roasting water. Use a towel or small cloth to maneuver the peg out. Better grip.

The rubbing off of the matte finish unevenly gives it a very realistic weathered look IMO... but maybe thats just my 'the glass is half filled' mentality :dunno

It works well.

Well I just received my new body (I had to have a new one sent to me because the right arm on my first body snapped off when I tried to pose him). After swapping the bodies I examined the right arm where the snap was at the shoulder and I see why it snapped. The peg that would allow you to move it up and down was completely fused in place. So after applying a little pressure to move it, it just snapped in half.

Everything on the new body appears to look good and all joints work now. Only minor thing is that the left leg is slightly shorter than the right. I seemed to have posed him fine though.

Oh yeah, they also sent me new belts because my old ones couldn't plug together at all...the pegs kept popping out at the slightest touch. New ones work well now.

What a headache this figure has been. Never had any other HT issues, so I guess it had to happen eventually...

Now I have to destroy the old body which sucks. I don't have the heart to destroy a great looking rubber suit. Any suggestions?

Back