Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the record, here's a clear look at the finish rubbing off:

P1160274.jpg

P1160277.jpg

:horror..buuuuummmmer man I had no idea that could happen...

For the record, here's a clear look at the finish rubbing off:

P1160274.jpg

P1160277.jpg

I have since cleared off the loose nubs and it's really not bad at all on the shelf. I'm quite satisfied with the figure I got since the boot was replaced. :)

Did your body come like this from sideshow?

Or did it start to peel on its own?

Started peeling after it was received.

And it's not just mine. The first post in this thread originally had pics of this problem, and I have seen other figures with it.

You can see the same thing in Commtech's pics (cropped here):

2011-10-25_08-32-45_395.jpg

2011-10-25_08-33-47_502.jpg

P1160274.jpg

P1160277.jpg

Both figures have the same thing going on, but mine look worse because my pics are clearer, with no flash, and focusing on the rub. My pics also look worse because I left all the little black nubs of rubbed off material. Here's how it looks now that I cleaned the pants up a bit and with a flash like Comm's pics:

P1160334.jpg

P1160335.jpg

I checked my figure and the pants don't have any rubs or peels. Then again, I've only handled the figure a few times. I took it out, inspected it, took the gear and head off and waited for my replacement. Then after everything was perfect I put on the lforigno cap, the Batman head and put it in a pose of my liking. Now I just messed with it to check it for this peeling and nothing.

I also have a rubber suit without the true type body. After seeing this discussion I washed the rubber suit in lukewarm water and nothing is coming off and the suit's integrity is remaining intact. In fact, it looks better and shiner after letting it dry from cleaning.

(the knee pieces came off easily though)

Got my replacement boot. It can stay still without requiring the stand.

My Bat butt also has a slight glossy rub on it that I never noticed until now.

They still won't reissue replacement CB heads. Perspiration my ass. :\

Back