Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I tried e-mailing Hot Toys directly about the replacement boots, telling them that Sideshow ran out... they just told me to contact Sideshow instead since I bought it from them. :slap

I don't know about you but I don't pick handle my figures by the butt or back legs . . . Maglor.

:lol

It'll be fine. This is bound to happen to everyone's eventually. Hot Toys should have just produced the figure the same way they did the OC version back in 2008. The exception of course being the paint applications on the head, the way the cape functions and the Bruce Wayne head.

For some reason it only seems to be a problem with the pants. The shirt isn't sowing any signs of the rub, which I guess would be my preference.

But I gotta say, each day my eyes are drawn more to the shinny spots on the thighs. :(

I think I may try to contact Sideshow yet about. Even though they are out of stock they may still have partial figures laying around from replacing other parts...

For some reason it only seems to be a problem with the pants. The shirt isn't sowing any signs of the rub, which I guess would be my preference.

But I gotta say, each day my eyes are drawn more to the shinny spots on the thighs. :(

Just handle it by the waist/abs then. I'm telling you, more and more people are going to start noticing it as they fiddle with theirs. It's inevitable.

You don't use a base so you don't have to worry about the post digging into the leg.

So I tried e-mailing Hot Toys directly about the replacement boots, telling them that Sideshow ran out... they just told me to contact Sideshow instead since I bought it from them. :slap

:lol I love it. I also love when you email a store about something and they ignore the main point of your email and only answer the little 'oh by the way' question you put at the end.

So it's confirmed that Sideshow ran out of replacemen boots?? I got a left boot replacement from them, because it came unglued on the shoe. Then on november 4th I emailed them telling them about the loose right ankle, got the mail asking me to wait 3-5 business days.. and the return department never emailed me back. I emailed them again but it seems there is no hope :( ... since I have two left boots, any chance to just take the joint from the left boot and use it in the right boot? or something like that?

What have you done you freakin' murderer! :horror

:peace

So how's your replacement?

Thankfully the replacement body is in good, working condition! It was heartbreaking to smash the body but I didn't want to be charged for another body. The right leg on the new body is actually slightly shorter than the left but with some tweaking I was able to pose him fine. I'd rather have that than a right arm that can't bend at all.

Maglor, There is NO WAY IN HELL that I would stand for that. HT has to be made to understand that if we are expected to pay confiscatory "collectors prices," then we demand a quality product. This is not acceptable. I have figures with cloth, vinyl and plastic parts that are 45 years old and were played with by children that look better than your BB figure that has been in your possession for all of two weeks.

Maglor, There is NO WAY IN HELL that I would stand for that. HT has to be made to understand that if we are expected to pay confiscatory "collectors prices," then we demand a quality product. This is not acceptable. I have figures with cloth, vinyl and plastic parts that are 45 years old and were played with by children that look better than your BB figure that has been in your possession for all of two weeks.

That look BETTER than his BB figure? I'm calling you on this one. Show me.

What do you suggest I do?

To be honest, knowing that this IS going to happen with my figure I am almost inclined to return it for a full refund. For this kind of money, I agree that quality should be top notch. That kind of peeling with just minor handling is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE!

it's a scary possibility. If this happens to my Batman with my handling, it will make me stop buying figures from HT that has any rubber material.

Yeah, I just bit the bullet and fired away a return email. I am tired of this, after pilfering through the last twenty or so pages I opened mine up to (GASP) find buttox scuffing and finish rubbing off in the package as well as a BIG dent in the cheek. Grant it, its not as bad as the photos that have been posted, but its the beginning I'm sure. I'm sick of the crap with this figure, for $225+shipping this thing should have been near if not flawless. They can send this trash back to Hot Toys, and I hope they get the message.

mail
crap with this figure, for $225+shipping this thing should have been near if not flawless. They can send this trash back to Hot Toys, and I hope they get the message.

Last edited:
That look BETTER than his BB figure? I'm calling you on this one. Show me.

I'm talking condition and quality of materials. HT should be ashamed.

The figure is from 1966 and the vehicle is from'67. Captain Action - the first superhero action figure, and the progenitor of this whole hobby. Only GI Joe predates the Captain.

streak.jpg

Back