Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you suggest I do?

Call Sideshow and read them the riot act. Quote chapter and verse about how much product you buy from them and how disappointed you are in this particular product that they sold you. A product that they should stand behind. HT will surely get the message if SS ends up sending back substantial numbers of this figure.

If you had bought this from WalMart there would be no problem, so take no sass from this "high-end" collectible retailer.

Thankfully the replacement body is in good, working condition! It was heartbreaking to smash the body but I didn't want to be charged for another body. The right leg on the new body is actually slightly shorter than the left but with some tweaking I was able to pose him fine. I'd rather have that than a right arm that can't bend at all.

Well, good for you! :wink1:

Well had a long hard think about the figure, And i have decided on a refund due to all the faults i have. "Broken Boot and Marks on the Suit"

Im gutted because i love this but its just not right and i know it will get worse by the posts on here.

SS have no parts so it has to go back:( But they want me to smash it all up a provide pics:slap And dispose of it.

I Don't have enough time to see my kids never mind Execute a Batman.:(

Thing is whats the plan :horror Ive been waiting a long time for this figure and now i have to kill it:horse And sort the cutoms out in the UK,

But just got the bill so haven't paid it yet:exactly:

Anyone know how i stand in this matter? Im in the UK

Well.. SSC emailed me back, and told me they don't have any more boots, or full replacements. They offered me $25, or a full refund. I'll take the $25, because I like the figure. The bad thing is, the boots are on eBay for $50+ :(

Call Sideshow and read them the riot act. Quote chapter and verse about how much product you buy from them and how disappointed you are in this particular product that they sold you. A product that they should stand behind. HT will surely get the message if SS ends up sending back substantial numbers of this figure.

If you had bought this from WalMart there would be no problem, so take no sass from this "high-end" collectible retailer.

I kinda did all that already for the boot replacement. :lol

But yeah, I'll do that tomorrow. Problem is, if Sideshow doesn't have any more parts to send there's not a whole lot they can do about it. :(

Thankfully the replacement body is in good, working condition! It was heartbreaking to smash the body but I didn't want to be charged for another body. The right leg on the new body is actually slightly shorter than the left but with some tweaking I was able to pose him fine. I'd rather have that than a right arm that can't bend at all.

I'd say it's because the left leg did not have the knee joint properly inserted.

I'm sending mine back for a full refund tomorrow. I just cannot justify the quality for the price paid in the end; no matter how much I like the figure. I'll hold out for the '89 Batman as a last resort. If that doesn't hold its own in the QC department, I may have to swear off all Hot Toys rubber figures.

:lecture:goodpost::lecture

Sideshow just shipped out my replacement belt today, but I was told they will not be getting anymore replacement boots or anything. :(
Hot Toys has not responded to my second inquiry about the replacement boots (first inquiry resulted in them telling me to contact Sideshow... which I told them that I did and they ran out of parts).
I am getting a $40 refund, but man, I am still not sure about this. If I can get replacement left and right boots with ankles that are tight then I would keep this figure with no regret, but as it stands.... :(

So where is all this gonna end up I wonder. Hot Toys telling people to contact Sideshow. Sideshow saying they can't replace any more parts. There are going to be a lot of refunds I guess. I'm sure SS are not to happy to be pissing off their loyal customers over a HT QC issue?

It looks as if the problems with this figure are escalating rather than levelling off.

thats y this thread was created a long time before the fig was released in US, there were already some complaints from asian customers, one thing i have noticed while most us buyers are complaining of broken joints ankles, the most common prob for asian buyers is the suit deterioration, , a couple of days back someone put a really messed up bat suit on one sixth republic wall

I haven't had time to really inspect mine. I looked at it in the box and haven't had it out.

UGH....it shouldn't be scary to open up a figure.

Sent an email last night. We'll see what happens.

thats y this thread was created a long time before the fig was released in US, there were already some complaints from asian customers, one thing i have noticed while most us buyers are complaining of broken joints ankles, the most common prob for asian buyers is the suit deterioration, , a couple of days back someone put a really messed up bat suit on one sixth republic wall

I would be curious to see that.

Do you have a link?

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

That's MY pic!

315644_10150961218940585_827070584_22006594_1174602575_n.jpg

Last edited:
Well maybe heartbreaking is the wrong word, but it just sucked to have to smash a good looking suit. It's a waste of resources.

Yesss someone with a contience! I am glad i am not the only one who is bothered by the waste of this figure.
How much energy was used to create that one figure?!
So yeah It is a little heartbreaking I think.

I do feel bad for Side Show Collectables here. They are clearly a more honorable company and care about their reputation.

It sucks that some folks will not get any more replacements but I agree with Difabio that it is not Sideshows fault. This is a Hot Toys foul up!

The good thing is if sideshow can't give you a replacement, they will give you a partial refund to your credit card, or a discount on your next order.. which talks well about SSC post sale costumer service.. and not really well about HT, because they have quality issues, and are not given to SSC any more replacement parts.

Well after a few phone calls today to FedEx and the UK's customs office it has become apparent that they wont refund the $65 import duty/vat
if i smash the figure up, They will only refund if i send the figure back to SS:slap And they don't want it.

So my only option was to accept the $45 refund keep Batman and try and source a right boot elswhere:dunno

Well after a few phone calls today to FedEx and the UK's customs office it has become apparent that they wont refund the $65 import duty/vat
if i smash the figure up, They will only refund if i send the figure back to SS:slap And they don't want it.

So my only option was to accept the $45 refund keep Batman and try and source a right boot elswhere:dunno

They offered me only $25 to compensate the broken ankle :monkey2 ... You have to destroy de entire figure if you get a full refund??? that is ridiculous !! :monkey1

Back