Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, when I watch I movie, I come in to be entertained. So if I feel like I had a blast going along for the ride, I'm happy.
Now, what I'm guilty of is being critical of casting.
That's why I'm with you on casting Affleck. When I watch a movie, I'll believe Downey is stark, or Sherlock Holmes. I'll believe Evans is Cap.
I'll believe Cavill is superman.
But whenever it's a huge miscast, I can't get past the fact that the actor is trying to be someone else.
What I like is when the actors know their role that they disappear into that character.

Kinda like Jessica Alba in ff4, I couldn't get past the fact that that is just Alba pretending and failing miserably to the the invisible girl.
Or Topher Grace as Venom, that was a big big miscast.

So I was worried about Affleck, that I'm gonna watch a movie, and instead of absorbing the movie, I wouldn't get past the fact that it is Affleck trying to be Bruce Wayne.
But I can admit when I'm wrong. Even just from the trailers, I can tell he would be a great batman/brooding Wayne.

Man you read my mind I only have one rule when it comes to movies was I entertained, fans are so stuck on being faithfull to the source material to the point that they will not accept any deviation, movie are met to be adaptations these characters are a basically a brand so they will always be recognizable by those certain qualities, however that does not mean they can not be updated to introduce them to a new generation of fans studios have always been doing this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Yup, when I watch I movie, I come in to be entertained. So if I feel like I had a blast going along for the ride, I'm happy.
Now, what I'm guilty of is being critical of casting.
That's why I'm with you on casting Affleck. When I watch a movie, I'll believe Downey is stark, or Sherlock Holmes. I'll believe Evans is Cap.
I'll believe Cavill is superman.
But whenever it's a huge miscast, I can't get past the fact that the actor is trying to be someone else.
What I like is when the actors know their role that they disappear into that character.

Kinda like Jessica Alba in ff4, I couldn't get past the fact that that is just Alba pretending and failing miserably to the the invisible girl.
Or Topher Grace as Venom, that was a big big miscast.

So I was worried about Affleck, that I'm gonna watch a movie, and instead of absorbing the movie, I wouldn't get past the fact that it is Affleck trying to be Bruce Wayne.
But I can admit when I'm wrong. Even just from the trailers, I can tell he would be a great batman/brooding Wayne.

:duff

:duff

Man you read my mind I only have one rule when it comes to movies was I entertained, fans are so stuck on being faithfull to the source material to the point that they will not accept any deviation, movie are met to be adaptations these characters are a basically a brand so they will always be recognizable by those certain qualities, however that does not mean they can not be updated to introduce them to a new generation of fans studios have always been doing this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Yup. Sometimes, what may be a good read, doesn't necessarily mean it'll translate well on screen.
So I can understand changes to the storyline. I'm ok, As long as it stays true to core of the character/s.

I'm a steadfast believer in that as well.

What works well in comics doesn't necessarily translate and play out well on the big screen, and vice versa. What I'm more concerned about is that the material stays true to the character itself, not the storyline in the comics.

I don't recall if it was Goyer, Nolan or Snyder that said it, but I remember reading an article of an interview one of them gave just before MoS came out that pertained to the film and they stated that the canon is that Superman comes from Krypton, born to Lara and Jor-El, sent to Earth, raised by the Kents, is intended to be a beacon of hope, etc., etc., but that everything else in between was fair game and open to be filled in based on how they wanted to present it to this new generation. I liked reading that because it meant they weren't going to deviate from the canon, but they were going to tell their own interpretation of the character's story to where it would be different from anything already seen before.

With MoS, I feel that's exactly what we got.

So there is a 1/4 line? I'm still hoping for a suited Bruce Wayne, maybe an Alfred too. Jeremy Irons needs a figure in 1/6.

That's what I've heard. Hot toys believes BvS and the dcu could be bigger for them then avengers. As it has an already built in 50 year tv/film fan base that avengers did not. Superman and batman are two of the top three (spiderman the other) best selling comic characters as far as licensing and merch is concerned. I'm not as confident myself but I am hoping.

And there may be a clue in the picture they used for that newspaper ad thing. The figures in the glass cases are knee high to the 1/1 sratues(about). So couldn't be 1/6. Obviously they could have been photoshopped in and the distance is just off. But I don't think that's the case. And given each figure is in its own case, a display they almost exclusively use for larger figures (hulkbuster or thanos in throne ect) or 1/4 is another clue. I'm not just saying 1/4 is coming based on just that though. As I said, I've heard that they where planning 1/4 for sometime now. Had not heard when they would debut or anything. And I guessed after the premier at earliest. But this upcoming show would be an excellent time to show them.

Here's the cases they appear to be using. Like this 1/4 43. And here's a crop of the picture where it's the figures in cases (again roughly knee height on the 1/1) and the 1/1 bats. Not proof by any means, but an interesting thing to consider.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
It would be very cool if they had a full line on display like a Toy Soul all dedicated to the film with new characters in 1/6 like a simple Clark Kent figure.

I hear they will have plenty on display. New stuff as well. But I do not know what for sure will be shown.

I hope they start teasing today or tomorrow. Really stoked for this event. Jeremy Irons lives an hour away from me and does events in my hometown from time to time. How cool would it be if HT made a figure of him and I got it signed!

Yep. And the figures will be in those cases to the top of the display. They had the whole thing covered in this red cape before. Looked cool.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Their newest post mentions Batman, Superman and the Batmobile, saying newer details will be released as the date grows near. I hope there's more figures to be shown.

'Be prepared to see these remarkable dioramas featuring Hot Toys’ incredible 1/6th scale Batmobile, Batman, and Superman collectible figures at the event starting very soon!

Fans please stay tuned as more details will be unveiled as the event date draws near!'

I think it'd be awesome if they did the same thing they did with Toy Soul and put specs and pics up for some of the figures beforehand.

The pictures come from the official Hot Toys facebook.

"Black and blue. God vs. man. Day vs. night."

At the upcoming first stop of “Hot Toys Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Asia Tour”, in addition to Hot Toys’ astonishing collectible figures, we have also prepared highly detailed 1/6th scale dioramas based on scenes from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice for fans to enjoy!

Be prepared to see these remarkable dioramas featuring Hot Toys’ incredible 1/6th scale Batmobile, Batman, and Superman collectible figures at the event starting very soon!

Fans please stay tuned as more details will be unveiled as the event date draws near!

#DCcomics #BatmanVSuperman #DawnOfJustice #Batman #Superman

New chocolate exclusive (stealth mkvii iron man, copper trooper ect) and some new items at the festival walk.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Back