Hot Toys: Beetlejuice 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree with everyone mentioning the SS likeness is better. I don’t think the expression HT chose is really helping the matter either. Regardless, I am definitely in for this. Love me a good one-off 80s character. I’ll keep an eye on the SS and see how that turns out, I would prefer a figure from the original film but we all know HT will be more lifelike no matter what. I do find it tiresome that HT continually insists on making more modern versions of characters to coincide with a new film or show instead of just giving us the original iconic versions we all want.

Also with Sideshow you have to factor in how the final product will actually look. The prototype may look good they don’t always match that quality with their final product. Add in you know the body will probably be crappy and the fact the tailoring doesn’t look as good. Plus bare bones in comparison. Might as well pay a bit more for Hot Toys.

As much as I love Beetlejuice, this HT version didn’t “wow” me. And a Q4 ‘25 release? I’ll stick with the Sideshow 2.0 that comes out next month. Way better likeness and know the final production will not fail, maybe just the dumb wool hair 😂

As much as I love Beetlejuice, this HT version didn’t “wow” me. And a Q4 ‘25 release? I’ll stick with the Sideshow 2.0 that comes out next month. Way better likeness and know the final production will not fail, maybe just the dumb wool hair 😂
I mean your choice. Sideshow is kind of notorious for not living up to the prototype with their final product though. Don’t get me wrong I was excited when they announced their Beetlejuice figure because I thought I would be the only option. Now with the Hot Toys version though it’s not a question of which will be better in my mind.

I mean your choice. Sideshow is kind of notorious for not living up to the prototype with their final product though. Don’t get me wrong I was excited when they announced their Beetlejuice figure because I thought I would be the only option. Now with the Hot Toys version though it’s not a question of which will be better in my mind.

Keep in mind two different movies as SS being the classic. I wouldn’t lose hope on SS final production since their last couple releases have been good. Doesn’t matter, my crazy a** will most likely PO the HT’s one to stand side by side with the classic and bulging eyes sculpt.

Cosbaby or 2024 Beetlejuice, I’ll stick with the v.2 Sideshow.
Call me a pessimist for modern movies, but I doubt this will be as good, or have a lasting impact like the original.

Not interested at all. I really like the Hot Toys looks, and weathering and accessories, but no emotional weight.

Nobody wants modern things from modern sequels imo.

Matrix 4 is the best example. Indy Dial is another. All Disney Star Wars....it seems even Marvel outside Spidey is a turd with sales

Last edited:
I think the furrowed brow on the SS one helps the likeness a lot. The googly eyes sculpt, while obviously over the top, has the brow furrowed and I see more Keaton in it.
Yes! I think thats it, you've nailed it.
the furrow to the brow adds loads to the likeness @Godfather1408 's custom [awesome pics btw mate, love the carnival look especially] sculpt has the furrow and it improves the likeness considerably.

People with Facebook - would you kindly spam HT with this advice

I'm with others here. Sideshow prototype wins the likeness contest. But damn. Two sculpts with real hair, the tombstone, more accessories and what will undoubtedly be a much higher quality outfit, painting, and body for $50 more? Really hard to justify going with sideshow.
Eh for me all the cool extra goodies in the world don't matter much if I'm struggling the entire time to see Keaton.

latest.png
beetlejuice-2-poster-art.png

2024-09-05 09_24_47-458180454_8779739688722811_711845617140747147_n.png (2048×2048).png

dont quite understand why his hands are always painted like that

Seeing those side by sides, the SS paint is laughable in comparison. Looks like he took a chunky sharpie and drew a moustache on.

OK, but who's this guy?
I mean I see old Keaton. Especially in those side by sides posted above.

Controversial, but the teeth need some improving.

The prosthetic they used for the old movie contributed to the look quite a bit. The new one is better from a realism standpoint, but it reduces the look.

Doesn't change that the figure doesn't match the new prosthesis tho.

What about Lydia (Winona Ryder) or her daughter (Jenna Ortega)?

Knowing Hot Toys, this is a one-and-done for Beetlejuice (like their Matrix 1 & 4 license).

In retrospect, maybe I should have bought that custom Lydia 1:6 figure from a couple years ago (Sean Dabbs sculpt) - I think it was close to a grand so I got cold feet. 😭

Back