Hot Toys: Beetlejuice 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on the title I actually assumed a 3rd was planned if this was a success.

$145 Million box office for the first weekend (2nd highest grossing opening ever for September) so I think it’s considered a success.

The caveat being it was mostly US domestic sales, not as much from international tickets - probably not much appeal overseas since they may not have nostalgia for the original.

Hopefully this will convince a 3rd party to step up with some figures for some of the other lesser characters.

I feel that this movie took the same route as the last Ghostbusters and took a few cues from the animated version of the character, in both look and tone. This wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but it did make it feel far different than the original. I personally haven't heard that Burton and Keaton were against another film, more that neither felt the pressure to make one. I think both would be up for it if it made sense.

$145 Million box office for the first weekend (2nd highest grossing opening ever for September) so I think it’s considered a success.
Not to mention the merchandising on this one. I mean it’s everywhere compared to the first movie. There are toys high and low price points, cloth goods and clothing, jewelry, and nick knacks for days, hell there’s even a Fanta soda…and more.

Who knew Beetlejuice had teets because he’s definitely getting milked for all he’s worth.

Got to see it finally and I can say it was fun. Not as fun as the original but never thought it would come close to it to begin with. Keaton is great and I’m glad they didn’t over use him. There are weird edits - like where BJ is with Delia and the next scene he’s in a ticket booth…which made me think a scene was missing. Lastly the big musical possession number fell flat and was too long. MacArthur Park is no Day-O. Still was enjoyable but I’m not in a hurry to re-watch it.

There are weird edits - like where BJ is with Delia and the next scene he’s in a ticket booth…which made me think a scene was missing

I think that how BJ moves. He's like a cartoon character, so one second, he's next to you, then next he's somewhere else. He's got magic powers.

Speaking of magic powers, it was funny that he was having the shrunken head guys block the entrance to his office with a bunch of furniture and they seemed to be struggling to move it all while he sat there reading a newspaper, and later in the movie, BJ effortlessly moves it all away with a simple hand gesture. :lol He's such a d**k :lol

I find those comments from both MK and TB to be utter nonsense....

It's clear they named this film Beetlejuice BeetleJuice because they full intend to make "Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice"
Perhaps, can't tell on their interior motivations. Critically the flick is taking a beating (mostly) but made bank initially. I'd be very interested in the box office of weeks 2 and 3. I imagine a significant drop off, but I don't think there is a thing competing with it, so who knows? My interest has waned considerably and the story seems to have nowhere to go at this point, unless someone has a different take. Glad people will get an updated Beetlejuice figure. This thing just feels like an "of it's time" property to me.

And maybe HT will make half a Jeffrey Jones figure with alternate sex offender mug shot head sculpt.
1726073779986.png

I'm leaning towards pre-ordering this Hot Toys BJ, the face isn't as good as the Sideshow sculpt, but everything else and especially value for money have to go to Hot Toys.
Hopefully we can make enough noise to get Hot Toys to change the face sculpt, I've emailed them about it and got my relatives with Facebook to comment and message them.

Back