Hot Toys Bespin Han speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who wants to make a bet, even after all this time/waiting - the sculpt for this will the smirky ANH face with a new ESB hairpiece.:lol

That's what it seemed to be in the Leia Bespin preview pics, and HT used the Jedi Luke facesculpt for the Snowspeeder show protos then it shows up on the PO figure too.

It's a funny thing, because i have the ANH Han headsculpt on a stand on the dash of my car and, while i'm driving around, occasionally i glance down at the headsculpt and it's a dead ringer for Ford.
I wonder if a full repaint by a top notch artist can bring out the likeness of the normal ANH sculpt.
I saw a picture on facebook yesterday of a TFA Rey repaint that was like looking at a picture of Daisy Ridley, so anything is possible.

Although in the Wild, Unwarranted Speculation department, they could do a Bespin Han and Chewbacca 2-Pack and sell Carbonite Han in a Bespin Escape Leia 2-Pack to sell yet another Leia in a similar outfit to Hoth and convenient sculpt re-use.

I think they should do a Chewie/C3PO 2-pack. We?re really overdue for C3PO. I also want Bespin Escape Leia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A drone set for mysterio was announced before han bespin and lando. That?s all I have. Drones...

It's a funny thing, because i have the ANH Han headsculpt on a stand on the dash of my car and, while i'm driving around, occasionally i glance down at the headsculpt and it's a dead ringer for Ford.
I wonder if a full repaint by a top notch artist can bring out the likeness of the normal ANH sculpt.
I saw a picture on facebook yesterday of a TFA Rey repaint that was like looking at a picture of Daisy Ridley, so anything is possible.
Repainted by Jacob Screenshot_20200818-070401_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20200818-070353_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20200818-070345_Facebook.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That looks better but still off. Something in the brow and eyes. I think the scar might be too pronounced as well. Could just be my memory though. I was never even really aware of it when I was younger.

Really? That actor from lost does 1/6 painting?

The paint helps a little but I see a bit of Jeff Bridges in the first two pics, but the 3/4 view in the third pic I like.

I'm also not sure the new paint is quite at the level of realism that HT produces - I always think that even really well done hand painted sculpts in this era (of mega-lifelike HT heads like Tarkin and Krennic) look like a really good oil painting of someone rather than a living person - hard to describe. But as I always say, I'm sure it looks way better from normal viewing distance vs the close up macros.

Jacob from Lost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah
Really? That actor from lost does 1/6 painting?

The paint helps a little but I see a bit of Jeff Bridges in the first two pics, but the 3/4 view in the third pic I like.

I'm also not sure the new paint is quite at the level of realism that HT produces - I always think that even really well done hand painted sculpts in this era (of mega-lifelike HT heads like Tarkin and Krennic) look like a really good oil painting of someone rather than a living person - hard to describe. But as I always say, I'm sure it looks way better from normal viewing distance vs the close up macros.
Jacob Rahmier. One of the better custom painters in the community.

In my opinion if Jake of Nathan (Eakins aka Silent Surfer) can't help a likeness on the sculpt, the sculpt is trash.

That happens to be the case with the HT ANH Han. Its like Fords younger cousin or something. Its just not there.

And as mentioned with sculpts like Krennic and Yondu where they absolutely nail it, it is frustrating that they can't nail a Ford or Hamill likeness.

And thats where I wonder if they are just not "allowed to" by the license holder. Leave the collector wanting more/better. I dunno.

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] Dude you "clearly don't know what YOURE talking about". Maybe you should be doing the "research"?

Since STAR WARS coined the "merchandising boom" other studios followed suit. And I'll stand by my comment. No actor has a say. Thats how it is. Sorry.[emoji2369]

I worked in the industry, though briefly, and I can tell you it does depend on the actor's status and how good their agents are.

In the time of the Original Star Wars, no one really understood likeness rights, so it's quite possible Harrison Ford, who had pretty much given up on acting at the time and was a carpenter, would have signed it away without thinking twice.

Having not seen his contract, I can't say for sure.

I worked in the industry, though briefly, and I can tell you it does depend on the actor's status and how good their agents are.

In the time of the Original Star Wars, no one really understood likeness rights, so it's quite possible Harrison Ford, who had pretty much given up on acting at the time and was a carpenter, would have signed it away without thinking twice.

Thinking about it a bit. He obviously loves money and "getting paid" which is why he even turned up in the ST.

But perhaps this is part of the reason he hates Star Wars so much. Missed money opportunity by all the merchandising, likeness rights etc.

Anyway don't want to start this discussion again as no one really knows anything for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, now days Actors and their agents are privy on the merchandise aspect.

And yes, EXACTLY, before Star Wars it wasnt a big thing. No companies even wanted to touch merchandise, because it wasnt a big seller and earlier efforts on other franchises flopped.. Hence why everyones likeness (and merchandising rights) ended up in George's pocket.

Only possible way Ford could have gotten a say now is if he was able to work out some new contract with Disney to get him in Episode VII. This part is speculation. But I highly doubt Disney would throw out the rights to one of the top three most selling characters in the Star Wars universe. Star Wars (and Solo) are bigger than Ford. Also there has been a plethora of Solo/Ford Merchandise recently. Just not from HT.

So I personally don't believe there's been a new contract made up.

My personal opinion is that they want to get a happy medium/passable/licensor approved sculpt they can just milk over and over again like they are doing with Hamill and Fisher.

Thinking about it a bit. He obviously loves money and "getting paid" which is why he even turned up in the ST.

But perhaps this is part of the reason he hates Star Wars so much. Missed money opportunity by all the merchandising, likeness rights etc.

Ford doesn't care about Star Wars and expects a reward and to be well paid for his involvement in it. He's only in it for the money and always has been, it's the only thing he loves. In fact he doesn't care about anything else or anyone else. This has all been well documented, they made a movie about it in 1977 where they showed him getting what looked like a whole carload full of cash toward the end.

Ford doesn't care about Star Wars and expects a reward and to be well paid for his involvement in it. He's only in it for the money and always has been, it's the only thing he loves. In fact he doesn't care about anything else or anyone else. This has all been well documented, they made a movie about it in 1977 where they showed him getting what looked like a whole carload full of cash toward the end.
[emoji1][emoji1] but then he shows up and helps a farmboy make a shot that "was one in a million". And proved he cared "more than just the money".

At least he got a medal for his hard work.

I've never gotten the impression that Ford "hates" SW, or only cares about the money. He's just not remotely a fanboy and is interested more of the craft of making movies and helping to make the story work. Which I assume is probably the attitude most actors have towards their work. He just doesn't feel obligated to constantly gush and pander to the fans like everyone else, which I find refreshing.

And given his track record I think he's done a better job than most of picking good projects and not simply showing up in one random action movie after another like a Bruce Willis.

From what I've read and heard from others, Ford didn't have a contract for ANH, and no one knows what the terms of his contract were for ESB and RotJ. Those would have been filmed after the Star Wars craze started and fans were eager for merchandise so it might have changed the negotiations. For all we know he retained likeness rights and approved merchandise to be made for "x" number of years with certain companies. Maybe those contracts expired and need to be renewed and he expects more money. Maybe Howard and Han have a personal feud. Maybe they're best friends and hang out on weekends.

:dunno

I've never gotten the impression that Ford "hates" SW, or only cares about the money. He's just not remotely a fanboy and is interested more of the craft of making movies and helping to make the story work. Which I assume is probably the attitude most actors have towards their work. He just doesn't feel obligated to constantly gush and pander to the fans like everyone else, which I find refreshing.

I think that's more like it. I thought Ford hated Star Wars but reading some of his recent interviews that doesn't seem to be the case. Indifferent is a better way to put it. I think the rabid fan base may have turned him off a bit as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back