Hot Toys Bespin Han speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[emoji1][emoji1] but then he shows up and helps a farmboy make a shot that "was one in a million". And proved he cared "more than just the money".

At least he got a medal for his hard work.

Oh nice, I turned it off before the end so didn't see that part. Hope he was able to keep the money, he earned it fair and square. From what I understand, Ford was in some serious financial trouble during the early 70s, was hanging with the wrong type of people and had some serious debts. There's even this photos where it looks like he might have been in some kind of hippy cult where he had to do manual labor.

vyt2em01qjg41.jpg

So it appears The Force Awakens / Disney changed things.

I talked with a buddy of mine who works in the industry. He has a much better grasp of the side of this hobby we never see. I figured I would talk to him. I'm keeping his name private at this time because I dont know if he wants it public.

And it appears things have changed with Force awakens and Ford does indeed have say in approval. And hes apparently pretty difficult. So that might explain it.

And it might explain why they are reusing Fishers sculpt if it maybe was pre-approved before her death and its an easy walk-a-round? If her contract was rewritten as well...

So yeah Definitely not the same anymore when it comes to the Star Wars license which may make for an even more incredible wait time for these. [emoji2357]Screenshot_20200818-122032_Messenger.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Really? That actor from lost does 1/6 painting?

:dunno Probably. JJ Abrams is on record stating that Jacob from Lost is the second most overpowered character he has ever written, trailing only Rey Skywalker at the insistence of Kathleen Kennedy.

At least Jacob wasn't a Mary Sue :monkey3

Oh nice, I turned it off before the end so didn't see that part. Hope he was able to keep the money, he earned it fair and square. From what I understand, Ford was in some serious financial trouble during the early 70s, was hanging with the wrong type of people and had some serious debts. There's even this photos where it looks like he might have been in some kind of hippy cult where he had to do manual labor.

View attachment 493412
0efeab6e5ce4a1ff5017f1b532f9f519.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

:dunno Probably. JJ Abrams is on record stating that Jacob from Lost is the second most overpowered character he has ever written, trailing only Rey Skywalker at the insistence of Kathleen Kennedy.

He got so powerful they had to chain him down.

lucifer-supernatural.jpg

Even as Lucifer he was still second only to Rey.

:monkey3

He got so powerful they had to chain him down.

lucifer-supernatural.jpg

Even as Lucifer he was still second only to Rey.

:monkey3
Not many people know that Kennedy insisted on this as well. A little role reversal revenge for that toxic/sexist film George Lucas made in 1983.

She is out of the frame, but Jacob is actually chained to the crime boss below...

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
ef7e31333a52433a3bd9659bf788eaf1.jpg

I talked with a buddy of mine who works in the industry. He has a much better grasp of the side of this hobby we never see. I figured I would talk to him. I'm keeping his name private at this time because I dont know if he wants it public.

And it appears things have changed with Force awakens and Ford does indeed have say in approval. And hes apparently pretty difficult. So that might explain it.

And it might explain why they are reusing Fishers sculpt if it maybe was pre-approved before her death and its an easy walk-a-round? If her contract was rewritten as well...

So yeah Definitely not the same anymore when it comes to the Star Wars license which may make for an even more incredible wait time for these. [emoji2357]View attachment 493413

Irrefutable proof.....

from Rezeznikk's Dad.

Irrefutable proof.....

from Rezeznikk's Dad.
[emoji1][emoji1] Hes definitely old enough to be my Dad thats for sure.

See this is the problem, people could have an interview video from a Disney executive explaining the whole licensing thing and people won't believe it anyway.

People can keep believing HT is butt hurt that Ford destroyed their toy on a talk show. I dont care. [emoji1]

Source when JJ said that? :p

;10351479 said:
before Star Wars it wasnt a big thing. No companies even wanted to touch merchandise, because it wasnt a big seller and earlier efforts on other franchises flopped.. Hence why everyones likeness (and merchandising rights) ended up in George's pocket.

Are you not old enough to remember the Planet of the Apes merchandise craze? Aside from 4 sequels and 2 TV series, there was a crap ton of merchandise of all kinds, just like SW, which is probably why Lucas was savvy enough to bargain for retaining merchandising rights over a bigger salary, since the studio didn?t have much faith that his little low-budget sci-fi movie was going to become a world-wide phenomenon. I remember, and still have a bunch of stuff from back then, and wasn?t at all surprised when SW merchandise started showing up after seeing it in the theatres.

Are you not old enough to remember the Planet of the Apes merchandise craze? Aside from 4 sequels and 2 TV series, there was a crap ton of merchandise of all kinds, just like SW, which is probably why Lucas was savvy enough to bargain for retaining merchandising rights over a bigger salary, since the studio didn?t have much faith that his little low-budget sci-fi movie was going to become a world-wide phenomenon. I remember, and still have a bunch of stuff from back then, and wasn?t at all surprised when SW merchandise started showing up after seeing it in the theatres.

Mego made a nice chunk of change on Planet of the Apes.

Nope, POTA was before my time. Im just going off of what "Empire of Dreams", "Plastic Galaxy" and "The Toys that made us" documentaries have all said. No company wanted to touch the license. Mattel passed on it, and later kicked themselves and created Masters of the Universe.

Can't remember which one said that it was due to several failed merchandise from few films prior. I dont think Planet of the Apes was mentioned.

Last edited:

So yeah Definitely not the same anymore when it comes to the Star Wars license which may make for an even more incredible wait time for these. [emoji2357]View attachment 493413

I never understand this though - so does this mean that every Hasbro Han figure is sent to Ford or Ford's rep for approval? And they/he pays more attention to a 12" doll versus a 4" figure?

I mean this GG bust is TFA era (so presumably post new contract) - was Ford on a pot bender when he approved this likeness but for HT ESB Han, he's post-rehab and super picky?:dunno

GG-Han-Solo-Hero-of-Yavin-Mini-Bust-001.jpg

I never understand this though - so does this mean that every Hasbro Han figure is sent to Ford or Ford's rep for approval? And they/he pays more attention to a 12" doll versus a 4" figure?

I mean this GG bust is TFA era (so presumably post new contract) - was Ford on a pot bender when he approved this likeness but for HT ESB Han, he's post-rehab and super picky?:dunno

:lol That's my favorite bust of Ford ever. And now I know why -- he personally approved it. Heck he probably asked them to make him look a little more pleased with himself.

With the new contract I have to say its anyone's guess now.

He get's to approve *his* likeness :lecture That GG bust and those 4" figure don't qualify as they look nothing like him :monkey3

He get's to approve *his* likeness :lecture That GG bust and those 4" figure don't qualify as they look nothing like him :monkey3

Well, none of us are privy to the specifics of the deal. He might have final say on *all* new product, or might *only* be TFA-onwards in which he gets a say.
No way to know unless someone asks him. It’s all speculation till we know for sure.

Well, none of us are privy to the specifics of the deal. He might have final say on *all* new product, or might *only* be TFA-onwards in which he gets a say.
No way to know unless someone asks him. It?s all speculation till we know for sure.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back