1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol kinda sorta yea...I have a BvS Bats Jaxon cape I haven't put on yet. Been meaning to weather it like Luisenigma1 has but just haven't gotten around to it. Going to post pics of my BvS Supes with Jaxon cape though later tonight :yess:

Looking forward to see pictures of that Supes. I think the stock cape is pretty much perfect as is, so it's interesting to see what custom capes on it look like.

Have any of you notice that the Justice League cowl looks like how he is drawn in the new batman rebirth comics. They look identical. Hopefully we get an amazing improved figure with the Justice League movie. takelookbatman_1981113.jpgc8fusoxvyaa2rll-1491250132571_1280w.jpg

Yup, I noticed that when I first saw the new suit. The cowl is more of a stylized comic book version.
I like it, nice subtle difference to the BvS cowl.

Cool man. Looking forward to see it!

Looking forward to see pictures of that Supes. I think the stock cape is pretty much perfect as is, so it's interesting to see what custom capes on it look like.

Pics and small review in the Superman thread fellas :hi5: I know my pics aren't anything to cry home about but I hope they help :)

So just moved to my new place, and took Batman out (he's probably been out of the box for about 2 days since I got him months ago), and took him out of the pose that he has to go into to fit inside of the box and under his right armpit ripped apart at the crease a tiny part where it was touching itself. It's not massive, and I won't see it unless it deteriorates from there.

There's also a split in the suit behind the cape where it's sewed, I can't remember it seeing there before but I'm going to assume it's form manufacture, although I go over these things really closely and would have noticed it before.

But definitely the split under the armpit was after getting it. Now I always wear gloves when handling, so it's definitely not from oil or grease. When I took the box out of the shipper it was extremely cool so I can't imagine it being heat, I think it's simply the material.

Hoping it doesn't get worse!

Superman has a tiny bit also under the same armpit. Leads me to believe don't open your Hot Toys then put them back into the box and leave them there!

Hot Toys uses a combination of poor quality materials and super fragile materials. I think some people just win the lottery (one where your odds are really good). Figures are getting closer to that $300 mark after tax and shipping, just not worth it IMO.

Hot Toys uses a combination of poor quality materials and super fragile materials. I think some people just win the lottery (one where your odds are really good). Figures are getting closer to that $300 mark after tax and shipping, just not worth it IMO.

Yeah, I'm thinking of stopping collecting them soon maybe. There's too much worry over them, trying to keep them away from sun, protected, paint fading, coming with problems etc. On each of mine I have at least one problem. I don't want to stop collecting, because they're genuinely the best in the field and look amazing.

But I feel like it's a job just to look after them properly. I don't want to pay so much money just to have them be fine for a year or two. I probably should have put the padding back under the arm pits to prevent it as I'm guessing that would stop the material from sticking to itself.

I think I'll collect a couple more DC then I'll trade for updated characters after. I'm weary of getting things like Wonder Woman or Harley... I mean even Spidermans head got two black stripes on it for no reason. I just can't justify spending so much on something that causes so much grief, which is incredibly frustrating because if they didn't have such problems it would be okay.

I'll see how some others hold up, I've got a couple of pre-orders still and know I want a couple more - but if there's any issues with others I think I'll just stop... I really can't justify spending a couple of grande for multiple figures that fade and deteriorate when they don't even get posed much.

Hi.

Your list prompted me to check mine and mine has exactly the same problem.

I live in cold England so it's nothing to do with the heat or anything.

I don't know why this is.

I can sense a DX02 event on the horizon. Melting suits everywhere.

1a82f0e5194b720009b4b631eb7d8cee.jpg
0202b83173749f2570c12e44db00adfc.jpg
9e7a2f4366bad7844f3fef8383f89a3f.jpg

This has just turned into an awesome 'action figure' to a 'fragile statue' for me, I'll never touch it again.

It seems the problem is when the suit comes into contact with other areas, as under the armpit the suit is pressed against the suit on the arms.

Who knows.

This blows.

I'd suggest checking yours, people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These images show the exact same that happened to me minus on the arm, although I haven't looked there, and the armpit isn't quite as bad. Bearing in mind I have never pushed his arms as close to the body as I can, and it's been mostly in its packaging in a cool wardrobe and away from sun and heat. Think the material is just **** and it might happen to others, without any real reason, other than cheap material being printed onto another material rather than being made as one.

These images show the exact same that happened to me minus on the arm, although I haven't looked there, and the armpit isn't quite as bad. Bearing in mind I have never pushed his arms as close to the body as I can, and it's been mostly in its packaging in a cool wardrobe and away from sun and heat. Think the material is just **** and it might happen to others, without any real reason, other than cheap material being printed onto another material rather than being made as one.

not dare to even look at mine now... :(

EDIT: Just checked mine... still ok.. maybe because 99% of the time i leave him in museum pose..

not dare to even look at mine now... :(

Yup, sorry :( I thought when the previous guy mentioned it it could be due to x, y, z, but I've done everything I can think of to protect it and it still happened, I think it's as inevitable as a lot of the Spidermans getting the black stripes on the head.

Yup, sorry :( I thought when the previous guy mentioned it it could be due to x, y, z, but I've done everything I can think of to protect it and it still happened, I think it's as inevitable as a lot of the Spidermans getting the black stripes on the head.

AMS2 you mean??? yea..... .the black patches of glue/grease inside.... mine has it...

They will not. Why. It should cost them a lot of money. They'll just take BvS version, put new cowl on it and it's done. Thank you for your money.

Wow, why should we be surprised by hot toys poor choice of materials. But, with trying to duplicate tiny details from 1:1 to 1:6 scale I'm not too surprised. I skipped the DX-02, but was sucked in by the TF BB Bats. Just roll the dice and keep spending the insane $. Howard laughs in our collector faces... Yet we still buy.

They put something in the rubber, that beautiful sick rubber smell when you first open a Hot Toys... Sucks one back in, like a drug.

Well I sort of get it, this is 1/6 scale material which is expected to do the same articulation as a full scale, and the more scaled down something is the more fragile. However, the suit should have been a moulded material, it shouldn't have an underpart and then have the surface design printed on top of it...

Back