1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess riding on the steam of Batman is fitting as that's obviously what WB and Snyder felt was needed to get more people to see a movie with Superman in. Don't get me wrong I love Batman, easily the two most iconic Superheroes in my eyes, but just wish Superman got a little more respect in his own right. The sequel to MOS became as much about Batman, now Bats seems to be the lead figure in Justice League and will obviously get a string of solo movies.

The shared universe is awesome and I hope its something we see repeated in future big screen iterations as well as this one. Still I'd love to see at least one solo Superman movie, celebrated by critics and fans, made in my lifetime :lol

Regarding the C clamp: I had one on my MOS for a while and it peeled away a tiny bit of the suit when I took it off. Its only minor but you can still see the indentations if you look close enough. Not tried BVS suits with the clamp, it might well be fine but I just don't feel like taking that risk. I think you'd need a wired cape for a really great flying pose anyway.

Believe it or not, despite Batman/Bruce Wayne having more lines and screen time, I actually think BvS was more of a Superman film than it was Batman.

Believe it or not, despite Batman/Bruce Wayne having more lines and screen time, I actually think BvS was more of a Superman film than it was Batman.

Yeah, Batman was almost like a villain to me, Superman was trying to do good and the world was against him, also in part thanks to Luthor. He's still a lot darker than the Superman we all know and love, I don't know if he will learn to change since he's only 2 years revealed to the world so he's still dealing with his anger issues, haha. Could've played out a lot better in many parts, but I liked it, I don't like to dwell on the negatives, too much of that around nowadays, just want to hold on to the things I enjoy. He made the sacrifice in the end, which I thought was a nice moment, and I can't wait to see him in the black & silver :pray: :pray: :pray:

Yeah, Batman was almost like a villain to me, Superman was trying to do good and the world was against him, also in part thanks to Luthor. He's still a lot darker than the Superman we all know and love, I don't know if he will learn to change since he's only 2 years revealed to the world so he's still dealing with his anger issues, haha. Could've played out a lot better in many parts, but I liked it, I don't like to dwell on the negatives, too much of that around nowadays, just want to hold on to the things I enjoy. He made the sacrifice in the end, which I thought was a nice moment, and I can't wait to see him in the black & silver :pray: :pray: :pray:

Yep. It felt like he was definitely more the protagonist of the film and it was intended to be his unwavering idealism that was the heart of the film which ultimately redeemed Batman, restored faith in makind for Wonder Woman and as shown at the end of the film and in Suicide Squad, gained the faith of people in him (Superman).

I guess riding on the steam of Batman is fitting as that's obviously what WB and Snyder felt was needed to get more people to see a movie with Superman in. Don't get me wrong I love Batman, easily the two most iconic Superheroes in my eyes, but just wish Superman got a little more respect in his own right. The sequel to MOS became as much about Batman, now Bats seems to be the lead figure in Justice League and will obviously get a string of solo movies.

The shared universe is awesome and I hope its something we see repeated in future big screen iterations as well as this one. Still I'd love to see at least one solo Superman movie, celebrated by critics and fans, made in my lifetime :lol

Regarding the C clamp: I had one on my MOS for a while and it peeled away a tiny bit of the suit when I took it off. Its only minor but you can still see the indentations if you look close enough. Not tried BVS suits with the clamp, it might well be fine but I just don't feel like taking that risk. I think you'd need a wired cape for a really great flying pose anyway.

SJ I owe you a thanks as we had a little discussion on some topic and I ended up buying the Superman figure... I'm weak I know, but I just couldn't fully enjoy all those Batmen guys without some Superman :rotfl

14469664_1805778446326645_8906287064944627565_n.jpg

not lonely at all. :D

That's hilarious...and a little creepy. :lol

I was hoping to find a good BF or Cyber Monday deal on him online but it didn't happen..so bummed :gah:

Maybe before Xmas, I'll keep searching

SJ I owe you a thanks as we had a little discussion on some topic and I ended up buying the Superman figure... I'm weak I know, but I just couldn't fully enjoy all those Batmen guys without some Superman :rotfl

Cool, hope you love the figure. It's one of the best imo. I'm every bit as weak. Had no intention of getting Superman or Wonder Woman from this line, now got Supes and have WW on pre-order :lol

I think the price is still high because people like me bought it after getting their Batman figures... Like, I have 4 Batmen from this Bat V Line (Regular, Black Chrome, Armored Reg, and Knightmare) and I found the lack of Superman disturbing :slap

Isn't there a dual set with both Superman and Batman in the same box? I heard there was some kind of offer if you ordered both exclusive versions, but did they come in the same box or not?

When Superman was all alone, the price was a lot more affordable, wish I had thought about this situation sooner. This line is really my favorite line of HT so far (not particularly my favorite figures, but as a whole, they killed it with the whole set, they look gorgeous together, can't think of a similar line that looks as badass.. but that's also a design preference, I don't really like the Avengers together, some characters make no sense to me, and the Guardians are even worse haha. Maybe the only full line I think looks wicked cool is Star Wars, but I haven't bought a single one yet, I'm not sure I would buy the whole line, and some figures look too tall or have a helmet that is way too huge for the body, I don't understand what they were thinking with Phasma and Darth Vader, the helmets are completely out of proportion when I saw them at my local shop. Maybe I'll just go with Han, Chewie, Leia, Luke and Obi-wan with the millenium cockpit at some point, having all those ones in the ship would be incredible), I'm even considering getting Wonder Woman though I hate her being in the movie (but still unsure about it, I really don't like Wonder Woman normally, same goes for Superman).

Edit: @sj2106: thanks man, I'm pretty sure I'll love it, I have seen lots of videos and you really reminded me how much I needed him ahah. He should arrive within the next two days, can't wait to display him next to regular Batman. Have you received your BC yet?

Superman is definitely riding the steam of the Batman figures. I think people are looking at their BvS collection and realizing that it's essentially just a bunch of Batman figures, so in order to have a variety in actual characters from the film, Superman is a must. :lol

As it stands, I have 4 BvS figures but only 2 characters.

I think the price is still high because people like me bought it after getting their Batman figures... Like, I have 4 Batmen from this Bat V Line (Regular, Black Chrome, Armored Reg, and Knightmare) and I found the lack of Superman disturbing :slap

Isn't there a dual set with both Superman and Batman in the same box? I heard there was some kind of offer if you ordered both exclusive versions, but did they come in the same box or not?

When Superman was all alone, the price was a lot more affordable, wish I had thought about this situation sooner. This line is really my favorite line of HT so far (not particularly my favorite figures, but as a whole, they killed it with the whole set, they look gorgeous together, can't think of a similar line that looks as badass.. but that's also a design preference, I don't really like the Avengers together, some characters make no sense to me, and the Guardians are even worse haha. Maybe the only full line I think looks wicked cool is Star Wars, but I haven't bought a single one yet, I'm not sure I would buy the whole line, and some figures look too tall or have a helmet that is way too huge for the body, I don't understand what they were thinking with Phasma and Darth Vader, the helmets are completely out of proportion when I saw them at my local shop. Maybe I'll just go with Han, Chewie, Leia, Luke and Obi-wan with the millenium cockpit at some point, having all those ones in the ship would be incredible), I'm even considering getting Wonder Woman though I hate her being in the movie (but still unsure about it, I really don't like Wonder Woman normally, same goes for Superman).

Edit: @sj2106: thanks man, I'm pretty sure I'll love it, I have seen lots of videos and you really reminded me how much I needed him ahah. He should arrive within the next two days, can't wait to display him next to regular Batman. Have you received your BC yet?

Don't think with the dual set they came in the same box but I could be wrong. Yes BC got here a few hours ago, haven't had chance to take a look at it yet :gah:

Surprised you don't like WW or Superman, I thought WW was one of the best things about the movie, cant wait to see her again. Why big figures of characters you don't like? Not criticising, just curious :lol

Superman is definitely riding the steam of the Batman figures. I think people are looking at their BvS collection and realizing that it's essentially just a bunch of Batman figures, so in order to have a variety in actual characters from the film, Superman is a must. :lol

As it stands, I have 4 BvS figures but only 2 characters.

ill be perfectly honest...that's why I felt like I needed a supes finally. got the regular bats & armored bats & then HAD to complete them with superman. damn good figure though! glad I got him!

Don't think with the dual set they came in the same box but I could be wrong. Yes BC got here a few hours ago, haven't had chance to take a look at it yet :gah:

Surprised you don't like WW or Superman, I thought WW was one of the best things about the movie, cant wait to see her again. Why big figures of characters you don't like? Not criticising, just curious :lol

Thanks for answering about the "dual set", thought there was one haha.

About Superman and Wonder Woman, it's a bit complicated. I really don't know much about WW but she's overpowered and I'm not attracted by flawless characters like that.. And I felt Wonder Woman wasn't properly introduced in Bat V Supes, especially in her costume with all her powers, she just popped out of nowhere during the Doomsday fight, I felt it wasn't needed, the fight could've worked the same without her.
I also disliked the Doomsday fight in itself, to me this wasn't the point of the movie at all, they just threw in the Death of Superman arc in the end as a bonus without development, it felt rushed :slap
I would have much preferred them to concentrate on adapting The Dark Knight Returns, we could have seen Leto's Joker instead of Lex and Doomsday, would have been a lot better, and the fight between Batman and Superman should have been the pinnacle and glorious ending of the movie.
That being said, I did enjoy some bits of the movies, I thought it was beautifully shot, great choice of designs for the costumes, some very good musics, the casting was somewhat ballsy.. but it could have been so much better with slight changes on the story and editing. Also loved the Knightmare sequence, I don't know which comics it's from, but I liked this particular bit, very original costume.

I did like Superman in this particular movie contrary to WW though, but normally as a character he bores me to death, he is too perfect, too powerful (which is why I didn't buy the HT first :lol). The only time I really loved him was during the Dark Knight Returns, I felt his role in this was perfect. But fairly good job on the movie adaptation, and Cavill is awesome, great Superman. Really loved Affleck in the costume.. but not so much as Bruce Wayne, his voice is just way too different and too soft for the character.. and he's too young for an old bitter Bruce.

Still i think I might get WW HT.. just for the beauty of it (I did love her costume in the movie). Of course I prefer to buy characters I really love, but sometimes it's just for the beauty of it. Like, I really didn't like Guardians of the Galaxy and I really hate the overall design of the characters. I didn't know the comics, and they all look like freaks, I don't understand why there's a talking Raccoon in there, it makes zero sense to me :lol BUT... I bought Star-lord's figure, because I loved the design of this particular character. And I don't know, I like Walkmen, I still have my old one and still listen to my own mix tapes, so it touched me. But no way I'm buying the rest of the series on that one, I just love Star-lord, and that's it.

I'm quite weird sometimes.

I've also considered to buy a HT of Cobie Smulders because to me she's one of the most hottest actresses ever, but I really don't like her character in Avengers. I ended up not buying that figure, but you can understand how I reason sometimes :lol

Don't think with the dual set they came in the same box but I could be wrong.

There was a "bundle pack" option that enabled you to order both at the same time in the same order. The incentive to get people to select this was that it included the EX Tech Cowl accessory if you ordered using this option. However, the figures shipped separately when each one was indiviually released. The TC came packaged with Batman. You were able to select the EX versions of each figure, where each came with their respective individual EX items (Kryptonite for Superman and sniper rifle for Batman) or just the regular versions. Either way, you still got the TC accessory for selecting this "bundle" option. It wasn't a two pack in the same box like Han and Chewie or Rey and BB-8.

So in essence, there were four different packaging variations for regular Batman: Regular version, EX version with SR, regular version with EX TC accessory and EX version with SR and EX TC accessory.

About Superman and Wonder Woman, it's a bit complicated. I really don't know much about WW but she's overpowered and I'm not attracted by flawless characters like that..

To be fair, she's basically the female counterpart to Superman in terms of powers. She can fly, has mega strength and an array of other powers. If she's OP, it's only by the same extent that Supes is.

Thanks for answering about the "dual set", thought there was one haha.

About Superman and Wonder Woman, it's a bit complicated. I really don't know much about WW but she's overpowered and I'm not attracted by flawless characters like that.. And I felt Wonder Woman wasn't properly introduced in Bat V Supes, especially in her costume with all her powers, she just popped out of nowhere during the Doomsday fight, I felt it wasn't needed, the fight could've worked the same without her.
I also disliked the Doomsday fight in itself, to me this wasn't the point of the movie at all, they just threw in the Death of Superman arc in the end as a bonus without development, it felt rushed :slap
I would have much preferred them to concentrate on adapting The Dark Knight Returns, we could have seen Leto's Joker instead of Lex and Doomsday, would have been a lot better, and the fight between Batman and Superman should have been the pinnacle and glorious ending of the movie.
That being said, I did enjoy some bits of the movies, I thought it was beautifully shot, great choice of designs for the costumes, some very good musics, the casting was somewhat ballsy.. but it could have been so much better with slight changes on the story and editing. Also loved the Knightmare sequence, I don't know which comics it's from, but I liked this particular bit, very original costume.

I did like Superman in this particular movie contrary to WW though, but normally as a character he bores me to death, he is too perfect, too powerful (which is why I didn't buy the HT first :lol). The only time I really loved him was during the Dark Knight Returns, I felt his role in this was perfect. But fairly good job on the movie adaptation, and Cavill is awesome, great Superman. Really loved Affleck in the costume.. but not so much as Bruce Wayne, his voice is just way too different and too soft for the character.. and he's too young for an old bitter Bruce.

Still i think I might get WW HT.. just for the beauty of it (I did love her costume in the movie). Of course I prefer to buy characters I really love, but sometimes it's just for the beauty of it. Like, I really didn't like Guardians of the Galaxy and I really hate the overall design of the characters. I didn't know the comics, and they all look like freaks, I don't understand why there's a talking Raccoon in there, it makes zero sense to me :lol BUT... I bought Star-lord's figure, because I loved the design of this particular character. And I don't know, I like Walkmen, I still have my old one and still listen to my own mix tapes, so it touched me. But no way I'm buying the rest of the series on that one, I just love Star-lord, and that's it.

I'm quite weird sometimes.

I've also considered to buy a HT of Cobie Smulders because to me she's one of the most hottest actresses ever, but I really don't like her character in Avengers. I ended up not buying that figure, but you can understand how I reason sometimes :lol

Fair enough, we all have our own preferences and favourites. I can't agree with the too powerful and boring argument for Superman and WW but I know a lot of people feel like you so it's not worth arguing, could be here all night :lol

I feel the same with the Doomsday fight being the weakest part of the movie. From having Bats and Supes trying to kill each other to "I'm a friend of your sons" about two minutes later felt ridiculous :lol Either put the fight nearer the middle of the movie to allow a more natural thawing of tensions between them or make the movie in two shorter parts released maybe 6 months apart. Batman v Superman then a Worlds Finest. I'd have liked more focus on Bats and Supes working together before introducing the rest of the Justice League.

Anyway we are treading over old ground. I still liked 80% of the movie and am looking forward to the future movies. All these figures are awesome in their own right whether we love, hate or just indifferent to the movie. Glad you have your Supes for a more complete setup :duff

Even the film makers I would imagine agree that Superman as a character is too tedious and too powerful, which is why they're delving into what his biggest vulnerability is that no other film has really done with the character: his psyche. In other words, we all know he is "super", but what makes him a "man" other than merely being of the male gender.

Back