1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think people are saying Mattel's HC is better than HT..
I guess what we are saying is Mattel has up their game with the current charging price.. Hoping HT doing the same and give us an even over the top HC.. :)

Just curious, what does HC stand for?

At this point, the figure will absolutely look better than the prototype when it's released. It's been too long (sure, they had issues with the body too), and Hot Toys are perfectionists. Especially when there's as much backlash over likeness or lack-there-of. Cancelling before the reveal does seem presumptuous, but people can do whatever they please, including waiting for an inevitable upgrade.

...What I'm trying to say is... "RELEASE THE DAMN FIGURE ALREADY, HOT TOYS!!!"

Just curious, what does HC stand for?

At this point, the figure will absolutely look better than the prototype when it's released. It's been too long (sure, they had issues with the body too), and Hot Toys are perfectionists. Especially when there's as much backlash over likeness or lack-there-of. Cancelling before the reveal does seem presumptuous, but people can do whatever they please, including waiting for an inevitable upgrade.

...What I'm trying to say is... "RELEASE THE DAMN FIGURE ALREADY, HOT TOYS!!!"

Sorry.. Typo-error.
Should be HS...
And yes.. HT, release her already!!!!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I wish HT can replicate from their 1:1..
c19de52841d2d2ca4181b4b056e8665f.jpg

Not really a good reference. That looks more like Anne Hathaway than Gal Gadot in my opinion.

Anne-Hathaway-1920x1080-045.jpg

That giant WW statue is terrible, it looks even less like Gal than the 1/6th figurine.

Everyone seems to be able to get the Gal likeness BUT HT, weird.

That giant WW statue is terrible, it looks even less like Gal than the 1/6th figurine.

HT always have a tendency of doing a blank face look for the female figures....
but they broke through with Harley...
(personal opinion)

Who is everyone? I hope you aren't talking about the Mattel photos posted earlier because it is laughable that anyone thinks those are a better Gal likeness than the HT one.

I agree the life size HT statue isn't great but I haven't seen other companies get Gal's likeness very well either. The mattel figure is pretty but not much like Gal, the PF statue bares almost zero resemblance to her either. I think the 1:6 HT figure is the best I've seen so far. It only needs a couple of minor tweaks to be almost perfect in my opinion. I wish she had a more stern look rather than the vogue look they seem to have gone for.

weisun79 said:
HT always have a tendency of doing a blank face look for the female figures....
but they broke through with Harley...
(personal opinion)

I think they do the blank look face for most male figures to. One of my favourite sculpts I own is a knock off Ledger laughing Joker, it's one of the the few to actually show some personality. That's why I can't wait to get the Harley Quinn figure with that great expressive sculpt perfectly in keeping with her character.

The Batman figures are fine with the interchangeable mouth pieces but the Superman figures are frustratingly bland. The Reeve figure in particular should have had a half smile or something to convey the warmth of his interpretation. I guess the stern looking Cavil's are in keeping with the way this version has been written so half, it would be nice to have something different for JL though. :)

As much as I love my new Tuxedo Joker figure, and the likeness is really incredible, I wish that to had more expression. Strongly thinking about picking up a HS from the purple coat version to use with him.

I agree the life size HT statue isn't great but I haven't seen other companies get Gal's likeness very well either. The mattel figure is pretty but not much like Gal, the PF statue bares almost zero resemblance to her either. I think the 1:6 HT figure is the best I've seen so far. It only needs a couple of minor tweaks to be almost perfect in my opinion. I wish she had a more stern look rather than the vogue look they seem to have gone for.

I think they do the blank look face for most male figures to. One of my favourite sculpts I own is a knock off Ledger laughing Joker, it's one of the the few to actually show some personality. That's why I can't wait to get the Harley Quinn figure with that great expressive sculpt perfectly in keeping with her character.

The Batman figures are fine with the interchangeable mouth pieces but the Superman figures are frustratingly bland. The Reeve figure in particular should have had a half smile or something to convey the warmth of his interpretation. I guess the stern looking Cavil's are in keeping with the way this version has been written so half, it would be nice to have something different for JL though. :)

As much as I love my new Tuxedo Joker figure, and the likeness is really incredible, I wish that to had more expression. Strongly thinking about picking up a HS from the purple coat version to use with him.

I believe they make more bland expression so that collectors will have more variety of ways to pose them..
If the give an expression on the other extreme end, they might lose a certain percentage of the customers....

I think WW ARtFX 1/6 statue's HS likeness seems ok.....

Anyway, I PO Harley and Joker because of the expression. that's why I previously mentioned, I prefer this pair match up...

Last edited:
I believe they make more bland expression so that collectors will have more variety of ways to pose them..
If the give an expression on the other extreme end, they might lose a certain percentage of the customers....

Anyway, I PO Harley and Joker because of the expression. that's why I previously mentioned, I prefer this pair match up...

Yeah I can sort of understand their thinking having seen all the complaints about the HS for Harley that thread. I just look at my display sometimes and see a load of lifeless dead eyed stares wishing there was more variety. Two HS's with each figure would solve that but obviously never gonna happen with HT.

Who is everyone? I hope you aren't talking about the Mattel photos posted earlier because it is laughable that anyone thinks those are a better Gal likeness than the HT one.

I agree. I personally think it's a bit of a hyperbole when people say the Mattel figures bear a better likeness than the HT sculpt, as a way to convey their disdain for the HT sculpt not being to their liking.

Those DC statues look a lot like Gal, not sure what the namr of the line is but ive seen pics of them, i think
its the DC Collectibles line.

Also, the DC action figures look like her too, considering theyre cheap crappy Kmart stocked figutines, its embarrassing HT cant get her likeness right for a $300 figure.

The Kotobukiya statue looks a lot like her too.

Kotobukiya is usually pretty good as to the production pieces looking like the prototypes. DC can be hit and miss.

I personally don't think the HT sculpt is good at all but I certainly wouldn't say Mattel one is any better. That's just delusional lmao. That's just a whole lotta crack!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't know too much about the sculpting process but can head molds be made using a computer aided sculpting programs (if such a thing exists) instead of human sculptors that can get the likeness a little off.

I thought that's what they already use? The human touch is there for further refinement from a CAD-designed head.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah, the ArtFX has a pretty decent likeness to Gal Gadot (better than Hot Toys) but doesn't have the detailed skin texture (of Hot Toys).

I'm getting both, each has their own strengths and weaknesses.

I think the problem is that the HT sculpt did be miles away from the Mattel figure. They didn't be close as they are. Granted, that's probably the best sculpt Mattel has put out, and one of the poorer sculpts HT has put out recently. I don't think the sculpt is horrible, mind, just that it could be and should be better. The rest of the details look spot on. I'm hoping that in-hand pics (will that ever be a thing?) will prove that the sculpt is everything wanted, just doesn't photo well.

HT WW head sculpt

Most realistic human like = yes
Look like Gal = no quite..

Back