1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's actually a she...
This is WW's sculpter at HT
891c5128e1f108bdab030bae27379c4b.jpg

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Behold, HT's sculpter that sculpted most of your favourite figure..
fb6d1d9a81f5f9f2ed761eef769b19ad.jpg

Weisun, if I'm not mistaken that is Yulli, the sculptor who's been with HT for a very long time now. She didn't sculpt WW (Lee So Young did), but Yulli's quite popular though I find her overrated. She's sculpted every Arnold Terminator head, ScarJo Black Widow, and Ledger Joker. Her latest is the newly-sculpted Star-Lord head (which is currently on the thumbnail link above). To date the Yulli sculpts I'm most impressed with are the BD Robocop, Burt Ward Robin, and Nicholson Jokers. The best T800 Arnie head from HT so far, from DX13, was co-sculpted with KA Kim.

Lee So Young on the other hand, is my favorite HT Sculptor. Some of her earliest works include Wesley Snipes as Blade, DX Michael Jackson "Bad" version, Bane, and Avengers Loki (the version that followed, The Dark World Loki, was by Yulli). Latest works include Harley Quinn (laughing mouth head), Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen), and Bernthal Punisher. So Young usually impresses me at first try/version of a likeness she sculpts, but this Wonder Gal is not among her strongest works, maybe next only to her Jackman "The Wolverine".

Weisun, if I'm not mistaken that is Yulli, the sculptor who's been with HT for a very long time now. She didn't sculpt WW (Lee So Young did), but Yulli's quite popular though I find her overrated. She's sculpted every Arnold Terminator head, ScarJo Black Widow, and Ledger Joker. Her latest is the newly-sculpted Star-Lord head (which is currently on the thumbnail link above). To date the Yulli sculpts I'm most impressed with are the BD Robocop, Burt Ward Robin, and Nicholson Jokers. The best T800 Arnie head from HT so far, from DX13, was co-sculpted with KA Kim.

Lee So Young on the other hand, is my favorite HT Sculptor. Some of her earliest works include Wesley Snipes as Blade, DX Michael Jackson "Bad" version, Bane, and Avengers Loki (the version that followed, The Dark World Loki, was by Yulli). Latest works include Harley Quinn (laughing mouth head), Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen), and Bernthal Punisher. So Young usually impresses me at first try/version of a likeness she sculpts, but this Wonder Gal is not among her strongest works, maybe next only to her Jackman "The Wolverine".

Noted.
:)

i posted a few days ago about the suitability of the mattel barbies for customs ,here's a cut t and paste round up ive gleaned from other sites

These new dolls has the bigger/buffer body, that's why their outfits fit other female action figure bodies. There're 3 "deluxe" dolls of WW, Hypolita & her big friend not released yet, but these came in the same barbie body last year's BvS WW doll has, so no chance of having their more detailed outfit & accessories fit other femfigs.

If you are buying these for customization/kitbashing with higher-end bodies and headsculpts, be mindful of what you get. For example, although the overall look is the same, the Shield-block Wonder Woman is not the same as the Battle Ready Wonder Woman that was advertised in the recent threads. Apart from the more limited articulation (due to the action feature), about half of the apparel on the Shield-block version is non-removable.

A good rule of thumb is, if it has action gimmicks, then it's gonna be molded on.

a picture of the blue dress on a S09C. whatever that is :lol

374709d1492288812-more-wal-marts-dc-comics-wonder-woman-figures-20170415_162819-jpg

blue dress set comes with gold boots
374708d1492283949-more-wal-marts-dc-comics-wonder-woman-figures-20170415_150551-jpg

and couldnt leave this one behind
I didn't buy her horse, but I did get her airplane

WWP.jpg

not forgetting our own AFM over in the custom section ,nice work :clap

After seeing the tweaks they made to the purple coat Joker, I won't be surprised if they tweak this one, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After seeing the tweaks they made to the purple coat Joker, I won't be surprised if they tweak this one, too.

Which is why I can't understand why so many are rushing to judge the sculpt a failure without actually seeing the production piece. It might end up very similar to the prototype, which would be fine with me, but at least wait and see.

Oh I really hope they will give her tweak..

Might be the last one to be made in that pic since the other movie is right around the corner they can flex the production line and get the solo movie version out in Q3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Might be the last one to be made in that pic since the other movie is right around the corner they can flex the production line and get the solo movie version out in Q3

I dun mind if the reason for delaying the release is to work out the details of the seamless body and touch up on sculpt. (DREAMING)....
Heck if they are doing that I dun mind waiting a tiny bit longer....

I'm debating on whether to cancel my PO and put the money towards Sideshows's WW PF or just continue to wait.

Y9o8HtP.jpg

I think having waited this long you may as well wait out the last week or two and at least see the initial release pics before making any final decision. Dean Knight will have a full review up within days of release for any others on the fence to. Obviously it's not money though. :lol

I think having waited this long you may as well wait out the last week or two and at least see the initial release pics before making any final decision. Dean Knight will have a full review up within days of release for any others on the fence to. Obviously it's not money though. :lol

So you reckon wait until the end of the month and we could have new pics by then? Cool. Who is Dean Knight?

Back