1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not counting the SS Batman, which is basically a re-issue with a wired cape, will this be the last DC Hot Toys figure in 2017? Could be nearly a near before the WW training armour figure gets here so just speculation over the JL figures until then. :lol

Having watched Dean's unboxing I'm feeling pretty good about the figure. He seems happy with the likeness and overall look of the figure. Keep her in a neutral pose and she should be fine. Bummer for those that wanted great articulation but HT really can't win on figures that show this much skin. Exposed joints draw complaints as do seamless bodies.

Sounded like to me that Dean knows about seamless but I doubt he's an avid seamless collector. All the things he mentioned, I'm surprised really worried him. These QC issues are like tying shoe laces to me :lecture

Not counting the SS Batman, which is basically a re-issue with a wired cape, will this be the last DC Hot Toys figure in 2017? Could be nearly a near before the WW training armour figure gets here so just speculation over the JL figures until then. :lol

Possibly..if you look at the OSR site, looks like the rest of 2017 is a SW and Marvel allotment with a stint of BTTF and Alien Ripley mixed in :slap

Sounded like to me that Dean knows about seamless but I doubt he's an avid seamless collector. All the things he mentioned, I'm surprised really worried him. These QC issues are like tying shoe laces to me :lecture

Yeah I noticed his doubts grow as I got further into the videos. She Looked great in his true light review though, just have to be super careful with her. Not ideal but better than no WW figure.

I think based on the JL trailer Wonder woman and possibly superman have the same outfit, although its hard to confirm Superman at the moment, usually Hot Toys Like to release at least one fire from the movies debuting in the same year Hence why Spiderman has at least one figure schedule to come out in Q4 of this year we might get a quick release of one of these 2 figure since they are basically unchanged .

Well if it does deteriorate in a couple years or whatever, I'll just switch over to a jointed body then. It's not really that huge a deal to me, and I've never been as bothered by visible joints as others on here.
I don't think it'll be that quick. The Comedian was and Robocop villain deteriorated fast, but otherwise it seems rubber based parts have held up ok with some exceptions of elbow tearing and oil leakage. Fingers crossed this lasts for a while but worst case scenario would be needing to replace the body. It looks like a lot of the parts are removable.

Am I the only one not impressed with this pose? It looks unnatural, and not in the "This woman looks like she is in mid-air" kind of way. It looks like the the shoulders and torso have very limited poseability and the legs look unusual.

it's all perspective if you think about it, he wanted to recreate the iconic Wonder Woman moment leaping at DD. But is that possible, if you see the actual scene she's almost crotched in a way that could potentially damage the figure

As we clearly see, her you know what is showing from the angle..only problem is the figure has this type of design underneath :slap not only that I'm sure he photoshopped the stand out but can you capture that pose without using a stand , I don't think he really used a wire hanging setup. :lol

Only a phicen seamless can actually get the right effect

Possibly..if you look at the OSR site, looks like the rest of 2017 is a SW and Marvel allotment with a stint of BTTF and Alien Ripley mixed in :slap

That kinda sucks but on the plus side allows us to replenish funds for the JL figures next year. :lol

What can you do with a character like WW though..showing skin is about 60% to 80% of her outfit. If HT made WW jointed, people will still complain saying the joints are too exposed or the knees look horrible like Harley, etc.

They probably thought using a seamless body would be the best alternative, however when a company tackles seamless, unfortunately there isn't a perfect material made thus far for a seamless body that won't cause tear or creases depending on the situation because there just isn't anything developed now that can replicate human skin in an action figure without adding joints that can be seen and at the same time look aesthetically and anatomically correct that's posable.

Sure there are resin and plastic modes but you can't get full articulation of human movement using that material.

If HT went full on rubber you can easily lose the anatomical part of the figure because rubber will get too bulky and then movement gets compromised.

Got the delay notice from SSC as well. I think this has to do more about what I read about the shipments being allocated more than them trying to fix QC issues

Damned if you do and Damned if you don't.

Hot Toys can not please every collector so they went with a body that was more aesthetically pleasing versus articulation, which I'm personally fine with. At the same time, I emphasize with those who want a more durable body for action poses.

Maybe I'm being too soft on 1:6 companies in general but I'm just happy we are able to get these near perfect re-creations in the first place. I never had these high end options available when I was growing up. It's really emerged within the last decade and I would argue it's only been within the last 5-years that we've gotten truly faithful 1:6 re-creations.

The only time I'm ever up in arms is when a company totally botches a head sculpt - Katniss (J-Law) from StarAce and Tauriel (Evangaline Lilly) from Asmus come to mind.

I don't think it'll be that quick. The Comedian was and Robocop villain deteriorated fast, but otherwise it seems rubber based parts have held up ok with some exceptions of elbow tearing and oil leakage. Fingers crossed this lasts for a while but worst case scenario would be needing to replace the body. It looks like a lot of the parts are removable.

I'll know for sure hopefully in the next few days, but I'm betting this body will outlast the phicen seamless in the deteriorating factor. But the ray of hope is that by the time we get to a third version of WW whether from the film or future films that HT would perfect a more durable body .

I do believe that HT tries to improve with each new line :lecture

it's all perspective if you think about it, he wanted to recreate the iconic Wonder Woman moment leaping at DD. But is that possible, if you see the actual scene she's almost crotched in a way that could potentially damage the figure

As we clearly see, her you know what is showing from the angle..only problem is the figure has this type of design underneath :slap not only that I'm sure he photoshopped the stand out but can you capture that pose without using a stand , I don't think he really used a wire hanging setup. [emoji38]

Only a phicen seamless can actually get the right effect
Not what I expected under her skirt (cringing). Almost the same reaction I get to ladyboys. Please respect wonder woman...no spread eagle pics. She is a lady after all. Not a dirty bird like Harley.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Damned if you do and Damned if you don't.

Hot Toys can not please every collector so they went with a body that was more aesthetically pleasing versus articulation, which I'm personally fine with. At the same time, I emphasize with those who want a more durable body for action poses.

Maybe I'm being too soft on 1:6 companies in general but I'm just happy we are able to get these near perfect re-creations in the first place. I never had these high end options available when I was growing up. It's really emerged within the last decade and I would argue it's only been within the last 5-years that we've gotten truly faithful 1:6 re-creations.

The only time I'm ever up in arms is when a company totally botches a face sculpt - Katniss (J-Law) from StarAce and Tauriel (Evangaline Lilly) from Asmus come to mind.

Absolutely agree..I wish I had even the shotty material that is used in Marvel Legends and BS SW for figures when I was growing up. Even these bareboned mass produced figures have come leaps and bounds compared to the lines I used to collect as a kid.

HT product detail was only something I could capture in either a model kit or a non removable statue priced from ungodly amounts of money when I was growing up. :(

It is such a privilege to live in an era where technology and skill can actually recreate a character whether in film or animation in action figure form to almost 80-100% of it's original source

Not what I expected under her skirt (cringing). Almost the same reaction I get to ladyboys. Please respect wonder woman...no spread eagle pics. She is a lady after all. Not a dirty bird like Harley.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

:lol pretty sure I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and his intentions were normal and all we was trying to do is recreate this moment

But who knows what these twisted bloggers might be thinking :horror

Which phicen/tbleague body (new/old/to be released) will best match the headsculpt and body type of gadot?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Which phicen/tbleague body (new/old/to be released) will best match the headsculpt and body type of gadot?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I'll let you know when I see the sculpt in hand.in a few days .it's hard to tell by pics because light can easily change the tint of a seamless body, particularly a seamless. At first I thought a suntan might be good, but it might be too dark for the HS.

Then maybe a suntan phicen, but that might seem too beige. The problem with HT HS are they are always a shade or tinted darker than the actual source character. Maybe a pale phicen might be the only option :dunno

Can someone please explain something. What is this deterioration factor everyone keeps mentioning? I've seen it talked about like it's an absolute inevitable fact by some, and a myth by others.

What is it that's supposed to happen to this type of figure that has everyone worried?

Can someone please explain something. What is this deterioration factor everyone keeps mentioning? I've seen it talked about like it's an absolute inevitable fact by some, and a myth by others.

What is it that's supposed to happen to this type of figure that has everyone worried?

I can't speak for everybody but this is what I encountered with one of my seamless phicen that I did not expect

Don't say I didn't warn you :horror

This phicen is barely a year or two old :slap

Back