1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's horrible, especially at the going rate for her.
This is why my Gamora is still in it's static pose… never wanted to risk damage.

Thinking I may pass on this figure and stick with my Suicide Squad figures for DC.

Sucks about the creasing, but there should still be a ton of cool poses you can put her in, without her just standing ramrod straight.

And it still looks well worth the price to me. You just have to accept, like with every figure we buy, that there are certain limitations and you have to be careful in how you handle it.

There are trade-offs involved with a lot of HT releases. I buy action figures for a reason, or I'd be a statue collector. That being said, I make allowances based on the character and the fact that I tend towards subtle or neutral poses. I haven't decided if this is too statue-like for me or not. I have DX09 which doesn't do much, but my favoured Bat-pose is looming stoicly anyway. Wonder Woman...I'm not sure yet.

Sucks about the creasing, but there should still be a ton of cool poses you can put her in, without her just standing ramrod straight.

And it still looks well worth the price to me. You just have to accept, like with every figure we buy, that there are certain limitations and you have to be careful in how you handle it.

Yes there are limitations, but seamless Rubber bodies like this are junk and shouldn't be an option for an expensive figure like this. We see how tight that rubber sits on the body underneath and that puts alot of stress on it and i can see it eventually crack open under the armpit and elbows.
Bulkier rubber suits like Batman and such has a little room on the joint areas to prevent this, but Wonder Woman is doomed for disaster.

Delayed notice as well.

I guess when we get one of these delay emails, we're allowed to cancel with a full refund with NRD included?

Add another delay notice here. Thankfully, it actually works out better for my payment schedule that way. :)

What can you do with a character like WW though..showing skin is about 60% to 80% of her outfit. If HT made WW jointed, people will still complain saying the joints are too exposed or the knees look horrible like Harley, etc.

They probably thought using a seamless body would be the best alternative, however when a company tackles seamless, unfortunately there isn't a perfect material made thus far for a seamless body that won't cause tear or creases depending on the situation because there just isn't anything developed now that can replicate human skin in an action figure without adding joints that can be seen and at the same time look aesthetically and anatomically correct that's posable.

Sure there are resin and plastic modes but you can't get full articulation of human movement using that material.

If HT went full on rubber you can easily lose the anatomical part of the figure because rubber will get too bulky and then movement gets compromised.

Got the delay notice from SSC as well. I think this has to do more about what I read about the shipments being allocated more than them trying to fix QC issues

why would sideshow send a delay email when we all pretty much know these have been released? I really doubt they could have done so in any response to any QC issues and pressed HT for a fix, it's way too fast, OR they (HT) are just shafting the US by holding out Sideshow's shipment for reasons unknown.

I agree with you, Guyver, that it's more about allocation than QA problems.

It still miffs me that there is yet another delay. :gah: :mad:

The problem is that people will probably think ( I'm sure even more so on Social Media ) that this delay will be an excuse for HT yet again, redesign the figure with improvements, however when that doesn't' happen , prepare for even worse blacklash.

I think what HT needs to do is publicly post on their SM why there is specifically another delay before letting SSC know about it . :lecture

The problem is that people will probably think ( I'm sure even more so on Social Media ) that this delay will be an excuse for HT yet again, redesign the figure with improvements, however when that doesn't' happen , prepare for even worse blacklash.

I think what HT needs to do is publicly post on their SM why there is specifically another delay before letting SSC know about it . :lecture

Haha. Most probably HT was rushing a small batch out since they promised June...
I am sure the main stock is still in the production line....

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Having watched Dean's unboxing I'm feeling pretty good about the figure. He seems happy with the likeness and overall look of the figure. Keep her in a neutral pose and she should be fine. Bummer for those that wanted great articulation but HT really can't win on figures that show this much skin. Exposed joints draw complaints as do seamless bodies.

Yes there are limitations, but seamless Rubber bodies like this are junk and shouldn't be an option for an expensive figure like this. We see how tight that rubber sits on the body underneath and that puts alot of stress on it and i can see it eventually crack open under the armpit and elbows.
Bulkier rubber suits like Batman and such has a little room on the joint areas to prevent this, but Wonder Woman is doomed for disaster.

Well if it does deteriorate in a couple years or whatever, I'll just switch over to a jointed body then. It's not really that huge a deal to me, and I've never been as bothered by visible joints as others on here.

I got the delay email as well. However, I sort of disregarded it. This has already been released in HK so it's not like we're in the dark. Roughly 4-6 to make its way to SSC after HK release.

What can you do with a character like WW though..showing skin is about 60% to 80% of her outfit. If HT made WW jointed, people will still complain saying the joints are too exposed or the knees look horrible like Harley, etc.

They probably thought using a seamless body would be the best alternative, however when a company tackles seamless, unfortunately there isn't a perfect material made thus far for a seamless body that won't cause tear or creases depending on the situation because there just isn't anything developed now that can replicate human skin in an action figure without adding joints that can be seen and at the same time look aesthetically and anatomically correct that's posable.

Sure there are resin and plastic modes but you can't get full articulation of human movement using that material.

If HT went full on rubber you can easily lose the anatomical part of the figure because rubber will get too bulky and then movement gets compromised.

Got the delay notice from SSC as well. I think this has to do more about what I read about the shipments being allocated more than them trying to fix QC issues

I concur.

Back