1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fill in?! Take those pics off of this forum! Seriously, that Barbie-esque sculpted low class crap does not belong. I hope you left it at WalMart where it belongs...psst, pssst (making snobby dismissive sound)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

honestly the mattel 12 inch figure is great for the money and a ton of fun to mess around with

So in reality shes about as posable as the armoured Batman? Lucky for me I can live with that and have no problem keeping these things in museum poses. For anyone wanting action poses this release would seem a waste of time. I think reluctantly I would be in favour of visable joints on future WW figures until they can make a more durable seamless body.

I think what would be great and really helpful now would be some advice on a suitable standard body that you could swap out with the seamless body. Does a suitable match exist?

Then for those museum posing, keep with the seamless, and those wanting to manipulate the figure more would have options.

I'd love to swap the body out for a non-seemless substitute.

I really hate the fact that this is a rubber body... The likeness is passable and okay for me. I'll wait for SDCC to cancel or not. If the Justice League version has the same body I'll probably stick with this.

I am having buyers remorse on this figure.

On the one hand I think it looks fantastic and I really want it in my display...but then there is the ever growing realisation that it's only going to have a short life span. I really can't afford to pay this serious amount of money for something that might not see out a couple of years.

Have a feeling that by the time I get this delivered she will reluctantly be going straight on to eBay. I just can't risk losing £230!
What do you mean by short lifespan? Her popularity?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Durability of the figure body.

Yeah, short lifespan as in how long this figure is going to last. Just watching Dean's Youtube videos and I'm even more nervous of the figures durability.

I like to know that if I look after my figures then at some point in the future, if I need to fund another purchase, then I can sell my existing figures. I'm concerned that once this figure has been opened the money might be sunk forever.

I know that sounds like I'm being mercenary, far from it. I just have limited funds for 1/6 and sometimes I need to trade in one figure to get another.

34893658184_48f1a59e0f_c.jpg
35565777012_9834b638a4_c.jpg
35603627881_5a539e68a2_c.jpg

sticker on leg ,it came off okay with no detriment that i can see

34893697584_f2b2977025_z.jpg
35603677631_a690747773_z.jpg
35603687761_e3ec633697_z.jpg

now as stated im easily pleased but id say the likeness is there maybe not as much as the training sculpt but im okay with it ,the wide eyed look better matches the world war wonder woman from her movie perhaps than the battle hardened bvs veteran
Glad to see they got her straight down to her bony clavicles and protruding ribs...seriously Gal, you couldn't drink a protein shake and eat a slice of pizza every now and then. I wonder how this woman can kick butt. You see how I did that? I kidd..I kidd. I love her and can't wait for mine to arrive.

Yeah, short lifespan as in how long this figure is going to last. Just watching Dean's Youtube videos and I'm even more nervous of the figures durability.

I like to know that if I look after my figures then at some point in the future, if I need to fund another purchase, then I can sell my existing figures. I'm concerned that once this figure has been opened the money might be sunk forever.

I know that sounds like I'm being mercenary, far from it. I just have limited funds for 1/6 and sometimes I need to trade in one figure to get another.

I'm with you there. Can't afford multiple versions of the same figure, really need these things to hold their value.

The last two pics are the best. The colors pop...hair is blackest and skin tone on point...those eyes are Gal's alright.

Ok, creases, it's going to be ok. Everyone breathe. Just breathe. It is just a $250 toy doll...hold on, I am hyperventilating. Why God?!! Whyyy!!

I wonder how long it was after the unposing that the picture was taken. I suspect some of the creasing will come out naturaly. Although I suspect it will always be visible. There is no material with the elasticity of skin. Nor the durability given that these toys aren't alive despite what Toy Story would have us believe.

Oh man, just saw this on Facebook.

cec8d5bd85cae6eea14d8db6ffd1b332.png

999549fa8925c0527b1ac854ae9ace9a.png

Not surprised one bit. Unless the shoulders are seperated from the upper Body like HT's Thor, i will never pay 200+ dollars for any figure that has a seamless rubber body because it always end the same way and looses it's value.

Sucks about the creasing, but there should still be a ton of cool poses you can put her in, without her just standing ramrod straight.

And it still looks well worth the price to me. You just have to accept, like with every figure we buy, that there are certain limitations and you have to be careful in how you handle it.

Just got a delay email from Sideshow, not sure why they send those when most of us know it's out now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back