1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a french review on youtube...
This guy is really rough on her...
Same "stretchmarks" seen

https://youtu.be/VCb63HPiJrs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From what I saw, man handling the shoulders is probably the final nail in the coffin . I have to see how the inner skeleton is compressed underneath. It seems to pull and expand to the touch . Perhaps if I use finesse that could be a temporary solution to the creases . But I will say it looks a hell of a lot sturdier than phicen seamless :lecture

I'm probably in the minority, but after I find a pose, I tend to keep it that way. I would suggest that for these types of bodies. If you put the body in an extreme pose, and then expect it to have no creasing, that's asking a lot. Maybe over time the crease may be less noticeable, but it'll still be there. Either way, it's going to break down.

The good news is that phicen bodies aren't terribly expensive.

This is a french review on youtube...
This guy is really rough on her...
Same "stretchmarks" seen

https://youtu.be/VCb63HPiJrs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When explaining and showing the creases, there's a notification shown:
'le body a repris sa forme d'origine après une bonne heure donc prudence tout de même!!!'

If my French is still pretty good it says:
that the body takes back its original form after waiting for a solid hour but do be carefull nontheless.

I'm probably in the minority, but after I find a pose, I tend to keep it that way. I would suggest that for these types of bodies. If you put the body in an extreme pose, and then expect it to have no creasing, that's asking a lot. Maybe over time the crease may be less noticeable, but it'll still be there. Either way, it's going to break down.

The good news is that phicen bodies aren't terribly expensive.

True..but they aren't really cheaply priced either unfortunately

I think I'm putting my faith more in this HT seamless than swapping it out to a phicen for more articulation because I don't trust the duration of a phicen for the long haul.

I don't mind the limited articulation in this case if I can get more durability out of it. From what I've seen from this new HT body, it does enough even far more than I expected an still looks great and natural posed.

The proof is when I have it in hand and really see how this body is composed :lecture

When explaining and showing the creases, there's a notification shown:
'le body a repris sa forme d'origine après une bonne heure donc prudence tout de même!!!'

If my French is still pretty good it says:
that the body takes back its original form after waiting for a solid hour but do be carefull nontheless.

Hope you're right..thought he was saying something negative :pray:

Last edited:
Man, this thread is wild. Reading the last few pages, you'd think HT sprung this seamless body on everybody at the last minute.

For WW, her body and skin is just as important to the overall aesthetic as her outfit. Personally, I think they went the correct route. We all know these are toys, but to me, these 1/6 figure take what's best about their 1/1 counterpart in an effort to portray them as accurately as possible, while still allowing for some of the "fun" associated with action figures. Seeing multiple joints on figures takes away any possibility of imagining the figure as a 1/6 representation of the actual person, and immediately activates blaring alarms screaming "TOY. TOY. TOY."

I'm just shocked by the response to the seamless body. Yeah, it sucks that there may be potential damage caused to the rubber body due to the limitations of the material, but it shouldn't really be a surprise. As others have stated, there is no material out there for toys that can mimic human tissue. Heck, human skin itself has multiple imperfections.

It's just asking a lot that HT cater to the collectors who value aesthetics as well as the collectors who value the action figure aspect without creating both a seamless and visible-jointed body to choose from.

With a little effort, collectors can still get her to look amazing in some organic looking poses that don't have to test the range of motion limitations of the material.

Man, this thread is wild. Reading the last few pages, you'd think HT sprung this seamless body on everybody at the last minute.

For WW, her body and skin is just as important to the overall aesthetic as her outfit. Personally, I think they went the correct route. We all know these are toys, but to me, these 1/6 figure take what's best about their 1/1 counterpart in an effort to portray them as accurately as possible, while still allowing for some of the "fun" associated with action figures. Seeing multiple joints on figures takes away any possibility of imagining the figure as a 1/6 representation of the actual person, and immediately activates blaring alarms screaming "TOY. TOY. TOY."

I'm just shocked by the response to the seamless body. Yeah, it sucks that there may be potential damage caused to the rubber body due to the limitations of the material, but it shouldn't really be a surprise. As others have stated, there is no material out there for toys that can mimic human tissue. Heck, human skin itself has multiple imperfections.

It's just asking a lot that HT cater to the collectors who value aesthetics as well as the collectors who value the action figure aspect without creating both a seamless and visible-jointed body to choose from.

With a little effort, collectors can still get her to look amazing in some organic looking poses that don't have to test the range of motion limitations of the material.

well said:goodpost:

But....this is an action figure. Hot toys have spent all this time developing a fully articulated skeleton for this figure. Hot toys don't do statues but unless you want to damage this figure you are going to have to treat it like a statue. I will reserve judgement as I'm waiting on the reviews, but at this early stage it would appear to not be fit for purpose. Hot toys makes poseable 1/6 action figures not statues, that's what I pre-ordered, that's what I bought. If I wanted a statue, I'd buy a statue.

If I pre ordered a car that looked awesome then was told when it finally arrived that I could look at it but please don't run the engine for more than 30 seconds, I would be justifiably pissed.

But....this is an action figure. Hot toys have spent all this time developing a fully articulated skeleton for this figure. Hot toys don't do statues but unless you want to damage this figure you are going to have to treat it like a statue. I will reserve judgement as I'm waiting on the reviews, but at this early stage it would appear to not be fit for purpose. Hot toys makes poseable 1/6 action figures not statues, that's what I pre-ordered, that's what I bought. If I wanted a statue, I'd buy a statue.

If I pre ordered a car that looked awesome then was told when it finally arrived that I could look at it but please don't run the engine for more than 30 seconds, I would be justifiably pissed.

Okay. But would you still be pissed had you known for over a year prior to release that the car would probably not run efficiently for more than 30 seconds?

That's what's interesting to me. It's not that we as collectors want different things. I'm not even saying visible vs seamless has a clear cut winner, it doesn't. It's all based on individual preference.

What I'm seeing is this:

*prototype shown*
"Aw man it has a seamless rubber body. It's going to deteriorate, it's going to crack, it won't take kindly to extreme poses, etc."

*figure releases*
"It did exactly what we knew it would for over a year. AGHHH!"

:exactly:

You can't have the best of both worlds with this WW, but like I said I give HT big credit for the attempt. And I still believe this new body will outlast a Phicen seamless

I did not preorder this figure because when I saw it 2 thoughts came to mind:

1 - Phicen makes the best seamless body but if one company has the know how to top them it's Hot Toys.

2 - I have 3 Hot Toys King Leonides figures and even though it came out back 2009 Gamora was not the best improvement; what if this one follows suite?

I definitely like the figure and they'll be getting my money but I am going to replace the body with the one I want. It may be Phicen or I may go the hard plastic route as Wonder Woman deserves to be as action packed a figure as the character was in both movies.

Maybe HT should have just created two different versions of this: A Wonder Woman with a seamless body that gives you only limited posability, and one with a jointed body that you can put in any kind of crazy pose you want. :D

I did not preorder this figure because when I saw it 2 thoughts came to mind:

1 - Phicen makes the best seamless body but if one company has the know how to top them it's Hot Toys.

2 - I have 3 Hot Toys King Leonides figures and even though it came out back 2009 Gamora was not the best improvement; what if this one follows suite?

I definitely like the figure and they'll be getting my money but I am going to replace the body with the one I want. It may be Phicen or I may go the hard plastic route as Wonder Woman deserves to be as action packed a figure as the character was in both movies.

Hmm. I don't own Gamora so I'm not sure this is the same body..I would have to see the Gamora body stripped to see if they used the same body. From the reviews on Gamora, it seemed like the articulation wasn't really fluent but that can also be because of the restrictive outfit.

Okay. But would you still be pissed had you known for over a year prior to release that the car would probably not run efficiently for more than 30 seconds?

That's what's interesting to me. It's not that we as collectors want different things. I'm not even saying visible vs seamless has a clear cut winner, it doesn't. It's all based on individual preference.

What I'm seeing is this:

*prototype shown*
"Aw man it has a seamless rubber body. It's going to deteriorate, it's going to crack, it won't take kindly to extreme poses, etc."

*figure releases*
"It did exactly what we knew it would for over a year. AGHHH!"

Unless you are a veteran of 1/6 collecting there would be no reason for someone pre ordering WW to expect that there hot toys action figure would be this restricted. The marketing pictures did not come with the disclaimer "warning - don't touch skin or bend the figure". In fact, their latest pr shots include a pose we now know that you cannot do without damaging the figure. I think it's fair to expect a hot toys action figure to be relatively robust. Not hasbro toy robust, but carefully robust. I think it would be fair for those less knowledgeable to feel a little cheated.

Unless you are a veteran of 1/6 collecting there would be no reason for someone pre ordering WW to expect that there hot toys action figure would be this restricted. The marketing pictures did not come with the disclaimer "warning - don't touch skin or bend the figure". In fact, their latest pr shots include a pose we now know that you cannot do without damaging the figure. I think it's fair to expect a hot toys action figure to be relatively robust. Not hasbro toy robust, but carefully robust. I think it would be fair for those less knowledgeable to feel a little cheated.

Very fair point! Agreed. I've only been on this forum for a few years, some of it just lurking. So it's easy to forget that it isn't necessarily common knowledge that a rubber body would be that susceptible to deformities.

When I saw the original description of 17 points of articulation as opposed to over 30 points I knew exactly what to expect but I actually thought the articulation would be worse than this, so I'm pleased

:exactly:

You can't have the best of both worlds with this WW, but like I said I give HT big credit for the attempt. And I still believe this new body will outlast a Phicen seamless

Please make no mistake, hot toys aren't taking any risks with this bold "attempt", we are paying for the "attempt". I fully agree that it's great to see developments in the hobby, I only wish that hot toys wasn't gambling with my money, that they have already had. If the "attempt" fails, then im £240 poorer - hot toys on the other hand makes a comfortable profit on the failure.

Back