1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trinity is finally complete
0606a1361741e4076486fac892b8b04c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to spam this thread of pics but I want to showcase that the positives really out way the negatives of this version and stand by my guns saying this is the best made seamless I ever owned thus far and trust me I have a lot, I can see it getting only better in the future :wave

That exists already. It's called Phicen/TBleague.

It's a myth that they deteriorate. I've been faithful to them since their first one. not one, NOT ONE! Has EVER deteriorated. I'd like HT to offer such a spotless record...
Apparently they can still damage over time though.

I wouldn't know, personally... yet. I only just recently got my first one, which I used for the MGSV Quiet set and then picked up another to prepare for Nier's 2B set. Also updating my Supergirl with one, but having to get two different skin tones for testing. So, then I ended up just grabbing a spare for Quiet, as the pose I have her in is risky.

Then there's the Vampirella, which comes out soon. So, in the span of a few months I'll have gone from no Phicen's, to six, lol. Three of them are generation 6 and the other three are gen 7, I think.

What would cause the kind of cracking I've seen some people post hereabouts?

Phicen should definitely look into matching the skin tone for this sculpt and releasing a mid-bust body for it. You'd obviously lose Gal's muscle definition, but at the cost of being able to do the defensive pose with a body less likely to make you pull your hair out if it becomes damaged.

Phicen should definitely look into matching the skin tone for this sculpt and releasing a mid-bust body for it. You'd obviously lose Gal's muscle definition, but at the cost of being able to do the defensive pose with a body less likely to make you pull your hair out if it becomes damaged.
I hope phicen or someone affiliated with them, reads this post. It seems like a no brainer. Hot Toys would be wise to sell the body themselves.

Sorry to spam this thread of pics but I want to showcase that the positives really out way the negatives of this version and stand by my guns saying this is the best made seamless I ever owned thus far and trust me I have a lot, I can see it getting only better in the future :wave

Hey I'm glad you're doing this, the negativity over this figure seems to have gotten out of hand everywhere. It's good to see someone just enjoying it for what it is and what you can do with it! It seems deanknight has also gotten more comfortable after having it a day. Personally the arms crossed pose is also my least favourite look for her so it's not a problem for me.

Also glad to hear from someone who has actually handled phicens it's better. That makes me feel really safe as I know it's talked about how vulnerable to breaking they are, but I have a lot of phicens and I think their bodies are excellent. If this is even better there's nothing to worry about as far as I'm concerned! And she's gorgeous to boot. Can't wait till August! (Or... September:impatient:)

Hey I'm glad you're doing this, the negativity over this figure seems to have gotten out of hand everywhere. It's good to see someone just enjoying it for what it is and what you can do with it! It seems deanknight has also gotten more comfortable after having it a day. Personally the arms crossed pose is also my least favourite look for her so it's not a problem for me.

Also glad to hear from someone who has actually handled phicens it's better. That makes me feel really safe as I know it's talked about how vulnerable to breaking they are, but I have a lot of phicens and I think their bodies are excellent. If this is even better there's nothing to worry about as far as I'm concerned! And she's gorgeous to boot. Can't wait till August! (Or... September:impatient:)

The tide regarding this figure will change even more so once SSC gets them in stock and more and more people start receiving them. Like it always does on here, what starts out as an unmitigated outrage eventually turns into "it looks better in hand than I thought it would, very happy with this figure".

Apparently they can still damage over time though.

I wouldn't know, personally... yet. I only just recently got my first one, which I used for the MGSV Quiet set and then picked up another to prepare for Nier's 2B set. Also updating my Supergirl with one, but having to get two different skin tones for testing. So, then I ended up just grabbing a spare for Quiet, as the pose I have her in is risky.

Then there's the Vampirella, which comes out soon. So, in the span of a few months I'll have gone from no Phicen's, to six, lol. Three of them are generation 6 and the other three are gen 7, I think.

What would cause the kind of cracking I've seen some people post hereabouts?

IMHO, what could cause cracking to phicen could be:

- leave them for extensive time in a position that stretches the skin very much
- expose them to heat. Temperature is always a factor
- the skin is rather thin on the elbows so I would be careful with that area
- faulty production figure
- handling the figure without knowing where the points of articulation are and going against the skeleton
- earlier generations used a plastic skeleton with ratchets and another time of silicone.

But, like I said, I've never broken one and mine are still pristine. I believe they will stay like that for long. If a simple rubber figure like Stretch Armstrong can last twenty years and that some of them are still there 40 years later (I still have one and it's as soft as the first day), then I don't see why medical grade silicone would have a shorter lifespan. It's just a question of taking care of your stuff.

On closer inspection of my Wonder Woman figure. I'll be having it exchanged at Secret Base for a different one. It looks like the residue came from the plastic cling wrap that wrapped around her neck.

Dean Knight mentioned it in one of his videos but I think the figure I got may have a more substantial residue left on it.

I'm just glad Secret Base will allow me to do the exchange. It's still an amazing figure though. My OCD just won't let me keep the figure considering the obvious layer left by the cling wrap.

Hopefully you guys don't have this problem. Especially those who have to wait until August 25th. I can only imagine what type of mark will be left on the neck area after it's been sitting inside the box for a longer duration.

94859a98db8dcffe21d06df3ccffbdb8.png

4c7adbd394918aa6cc64e1f3e80fcbc0.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tide regarding this figure will change even more so once SSC gets them in stock and more and more people start receiving them. Like it always does on here, what starts out as an unmitigated outrage eventually turns into "it looks better in hand than I thought it would, very happy with this figure".

I completely agree with that assessment. Just a matter of time before everyone is in love...

On closer inspection of my Wonder Woman figure. I'll be having it exchanged at Secret Base for a different one. It looks like the residue came from the plastic cling wrap that wrapped around her neck.

Dean Knight mentioned it in one of his videos but I think the figure I got may have a more substantial residue left on it.

I'm just glad Secret Base will allow me to do the exchange. It's still an amazing figure though. My OCD just won't let me keep the figure considering the obvious layer left by the cling wrap.

Hopefully you guys don't have this problem. Especially those who have to wait until August 25th. I can only imagine what type of mark will be left on the neck area after it's been sitting inside the box for a longer duration.

Dang that sucks dude. For such a nice figure to be marred by such a small oversight. Hope you have better luck on the next one. HTs usually have that plastic piece with the white thing pressing down on the neck. I guess that put the pressure on there? Too bad. I honestly throw that away as when I put the figure back in the box it never moves even without it. I can see why they thought the wrap was necessary but it's no good when that makes it even worse.

But, like I said, I've never broken one and mine are still pristine. I believe they will stay like that for long. If a simple rubber figure like Stretch Armstrong can last twenty years and that some of them are still there 40 years later (I still have one and it's as soft as the first day), then I don't see why medical grade silicone would have a shorter lifespan. It's just a question of taking care of your stuff.

Yeah I've got quite a few as well and other than a production error (one came with a tear in the foot) they've all been great and held up to some extreme posing too.
I think phicens get a bad rep for no reason. I like my HTs more but usually they're much more fragile. (Gamora....:()

Back