1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i pre ordered her like 9 months ago for 300€ but then canceled the preorder because of the final pictures from HT.
and i dont like the new pictures here in the forum at all. it doesnt matter how you are positioning the lighting or what filter
you use on the picture to hide the mouth, it still looks silly to me. and im pretty sure that i wouldnt like her in hand
unless i place her 4 meters away at the end of the room. but why pay 300€ then.
so im glad to give this preorder to someone else. i hope HT noticed the suggestions
and comes up with a better armored figure for solo WW or JL WW. and maybe give us more than just 1 head,
then we have a chance that one of them turns out perfectly.

By WWII Cap, do you mean TFA Cap in his traditional outfit?

No idea, as I don't have WW in hand yet, but based on guyver's pic with her being roughly the same height as AoU Cap, I'd say she's taller than TFA Cap since AoU Cap is larger than TFA Cap.

I actually meant the "rescue" version, but I imagine that would be the same height as the uniformed version from First Avenger, and maybe a bit short against this Wonder Woman. :(

i pre ordered her like 9 months ago for 300€ but then canceled the preorder because of the final pictures from HT.
and i dont like the new pictures here in the forum at all. it doesnt matter how you are positioning the lighting or what filter
you use on the picture to hide the mouth, it still looks silly to me. and im pretty sure that i wouldnt like her in hand
unless i place her 4 meters away at the end of the room. but why pay 300€ then.

Can you be more specific? I thought your major problem with this was the mouth, but is there something else major about this sculpt that bothers you?

so im glad to give this preorder to someone else. i hope HT noticed the suggestions
and comes up with a better armored figure for solo WW or JL WW. and maybe give us more than just 1 head,
then we have a chance that one of them turns out perfectly.

Are you talking about the body or the sculpt? Since the Training sculpt is pretty much bang on, what else is there left to improve on?

Dude, awesome pics. I'm more of a 1/12 scale collector, but this has me seriously itching to start a Hot Toys DCEU collection. Still feeling abit disappointed by that Mafex WW.
Mafex is hit or miss sometimes. Figuarts has more consistency, but some of the new Mafex stuff looks ****ing incredible for the scale.

I'm glad we have options between the two companies for some figures. Can't wait to see what they can build upon with further competition!

It was very informative but it sounded a bit like PR to me, but I do agree with a lot of what he said.

I don't see how that is relevant, since Gal is not caucasian. Unless he was just talking about this topic in general.
I think Budget was just trying to inform collectors why the sculpt is off because, as we all know, not everyone is happy with it. And yes, it did all sound like PR to me as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I don't buy that they don't know how to sculpt white girls (because while I don't own a lot of figures, I do know that Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Leia, and Catwoman all look like their respective actresses and have good expressions).

I think it's more that Hot Toys has hired someone who thinks the open-mouthed, wide-eyed look is sexy. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the person who sculpted this WW is the same who worked on Rey. They have similar "expressions" and you kind of have to do mental gymnastics to see the actress in their faces.

It's interesting they were aleady putting her front and centre even in a movie called Batman v Superman. :lol

ffe58f290e7b2314aba25e7987cbfb0d.jpg

Proper Trinity. She definitely could use a little less shine on her body. But overall it's still a pretty great display to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't buy that they don't know how to sculpt white girls (because while I don't own a lot of figures, I do know that Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Leia, and Catwoman all look like their respective actresses and have good expressions).

:exactly:

They sculpted Harley very well and the training armour WW looks spot on to. They are obviously getting better at female sculpts.

I think Budget was just trying to inform collectors why the sculpt is off because, as we all know, not everyone is happy with it.

Yeah sure sounds like it, well he caught out this time, when he said that because anyone would half a brain could tell Gal is not caucasian, so he wasn't able to pass that off as a valid argument, like he has before for other stuff he makes excuses for.

And yes, it did all sound like PR to me as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Just like all the other BS explanations, like showing WW practically in the dark in the video then showing pictures by professional photographers where u can see the whole sculpt. Of course the sculpt is going to look better in those pics, heck it would look better in any lighting conditions where u can see the whole sculpt as opposed to lighting conditions where u can't really see the sculpt. Does he think people are ****ing stupid?

:exactly:

It's just another excuse of his, someone should reply to him and say how come HTs was able to nail the likeness of those characters u mentioned there. So sick of his BS, has he ever admitted even once that Hot Toys ****ed up?

I think it's more that Hot Toys has hired someone who thinks the open-mouthed, wide-eyed look is sexy. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the person who sculpted this WW is the same who worked on Rey. They have similar "expressions" and you kind of have to do mental gymnastics to see the actress in their faces.

U raise some valid points.

Can't decide which figure is my favorite. But I'm thinking Harley beats out Wonder Woman just by a little bit.

It's nice to have competed the Trinity though. Now to wait for Justice League.

32914ca180422e9d0a406cfb404b7fae.jpg

df68fb35ed94e357d125f7c6edac213b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back