1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On closer inspection of my Wonder Woman figure. I'll be having it exchanged at Secret Base for a different one. It looks like the residue came from the plastic cling wrap that wrapped around her neck.

Dean Knight mentioned it in one of his videos but I think the figure I got may have a more substantial residue left on it.

I'm just glad Secret Base will allow me to do the exchange. It's still an amazing figure though. My OCD just won't let me keep the figure considering the obvious layer left by the cling wrap.

Hopefully you guys don't have this problem. Especially those who have to wait until August 25th. I can only imagine what type of mark will be left on the neck area after it's been sitting inside the box for a longer duration.

94859a98db8dcffe21d06df3ccffbdb8.png

4c7adbd394918aa6cc64e1f3e80fcbc0.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ah thats too bad
they have some real ****** workers packing their output by the look of it ,glad you could sort out a exchange

on opening the box mine had a random sticker stuck mid thigh ,came off luckily with little or no damage that i can see ,but just shows how little regard can be shown when packing theses figures and how the quality control fails to pick it up :thud:

35603627881_5a539e68a2_c.jpg

The tide regarding this figure will change even more so once SSC gets them in stock and more and more people start receiving them. Like it always does on here, what starts out as an unmitigated outrage eventually turns into "it looks better in hand than I thought it would, very happy with this figure".

yep- same old story..different figure

This is From Budget Starks Facebook Page

The collector who previously over stretched the shoulder joints causing the damage to the Thermoplastic Rubber body has put up a video showing that the body has "healed itself".
It appears the marks have disappeared and is back to the original state, which means that Hot Toys have developed a self healing body lol
Maybe someone who speaks French can check the short video on "Virtual Devil" channel to confirm if this is the case.

That's great news. I've been wondering about how that turned out, especially after watching Deanknight's WW review and then the BvS Trinity true light wherein he does the poses he was hesitant about in the review. Good to see.

Dean posted an articulation demo which also included info direct from Budget Stark. He stated that the guy who damaged his WW did not follow the HT directions. He also went into what the body is made of. Lastly, Budget went into the difficulty the sculptors have sculpting Caucasian females. If you haven't watched the video, check it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This is From Budget Starks Facebook Page

The collector who previously over stretched the shoulder joints causing the damage to the Thermoplastic Rubber body has put up a video showing that the body has "healed itself".
It appears the marks have disappeared and is back to the original state, which means that Hot Toys have developed a self healing body lol
Maybe someone who speaks French can check the short video on "Virtual Devil" channel to confirm if this is the case.

Yup eventually it does reset itself, but I still wouldn't keep it too extreme for a long period of time though

It works best if you extreme pose and then slowly straighten out the limbs again. That's what I've been doing , so far worked out for me :wink1:

That's good that at least the creases aren't permanent, if you were posing her for photo shoots. Still, I'd think leaving her joints in that kind of stress for a long period of time, such as weeks or months, would cause irreversible damage.

Haha nicely done that looks spot on man :clap

Well almost..I tried :lol

1. wrong Superman version

2. WW should be facing at an angle with the first caption, but tried it and got that " Duh " look so I went straight on

3. When Bats replies ..head should be turned slightly

4. Supes looks too tall but all my other shots , WW has too much teeth showing

5. Forgot to have Bat's head titled slightly to the side facing the chin right above the launcher

Yup eventually it does reset itself, but I still wouldn't keep it too extreme for a long period of time though

It works best if you extreme pose and then slowly straighten out the limbs again. That's what I've been doing , so far worked out for me :wink1:

Here's the original video (in French):

Samuel Bodart shared a link.

5 hrs

Update on the body, after two days the body has returned to its original form! No more paint problem removed, it was a light effect with the folds!

That's good that at least the creases aren't permanent, if you were posing her for photo shoots. Still, I'd think leaving her joints in that kind of stress for a long period of time, such as weeks or months, would cause irreversible damage.

:exactly:

cross arm bracelet look is really, really a tight movement overall

It's really cool that he took the time to do that video and explain that everything's alright with the body.
I don't speak french, but I could catch the meaning of some of what he was saying (at least I think I did...). And the figure looks great in the video.

Dean posted an articulation demo which also included info direct from Budget Stark. He stated that the guy who damaged his WW did not follow the HT directions. He also went into what the body is made of.

It was very informative but it sounded a bit like PR to me, but I do agree with a lot of what he said.

Lastly, Budget went into the difficulty the sculptors have sculpting Caucasian females.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I don't see how that is relevant, since Gal is not caucasian. Unless he was just talking about this topic in general.

Well almost..I tried :lol

1. wrong Superman version

2. WW should be facing at an angle with the first caption, but tried it and got that " Duh " look so I went straight on

3. When Bats replies ..head should be turned slightly

4. Supes looks too tall but all my other shots , WW has too much teeth showing

5. Forgot to have Bat's head titled slightly to the side facing the chin right above the launcher
Wrong Superman? Pfft. If you have the Man of Steel, you need no other Superman. :p

The black accents suited him better and he looked more like how I imagine he should, minus the curl, of course. The BvS sculpt has way too much Hayden Christensen going on than I'd like. I do like the cape though. I also prefer the height of the original figure. Having him so tall might put Wonder Woman in better scale? She seems a little tall.

Btw, I noticed you swapped the cape. Just saying I like the BvS one. I never modify my 1/6 figures, if I can help it. Paint touch-ups excluded.

Wrong Superman? Pfft. If you have the Man of Steel, you need no other Superman. :p

The black accents suited him better and he looked more like how I imagine he should, minus the curl, of course. The BvS sculpt has way too much Hayden Christensen going on than I'd like. I do like the cape though. I also prefer the height of the original figure. Having him so tall might put Wonder Woman in better scale? She seems a little tall.

Btw, I noticed you swapped the cape. Just saying I like the BvS one. I never modify my 1/6 figures, if I can help it. Paint touch-ups excluded.

Yep the MoS Supes is awesome.

So basically, he says:

That he is disappointed that a lot of people have been saying on social networks and forums he was an assholle for handling the body without reading the instructions when his original post was to warn people against possible issues
That nowhere in the instructions it is said you can't cross the arms
That the body is back to normal
That even though it is back to normal,Che wouldn't advise people to cros the arms, and if they do, just to take pictures or for a few minutes because it will definitely crease
That he doubts the creases left by a long period with arms crossed (à Day +) will eventually heal

You could do the crossed arms pose, if you had a spare. xD

I almost feel like we needed a spare upper half anyway. One that was molded for that pose. That way there would be no creases. It would be a pain in the ass to set up and would easily have made this a $265 figure though.

Back