1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had mine for a couple of weeks now and I think this is a fantastic figure, now one of my faves. Mine needed a few tweaks to make it better, though. For some reason, mine came with the armor hanging quite low on the torso (it seems inconsistent from figure to figure with the pics so far from people), so I took it apart and discovered she was a C cup trying to squeeze into a B, which was causing the problem! :lol So a little "reduction surgery" later, and the cuirass now sits higher and more accurately. While manipulating and squeezing her into the armor I also ended up with spots of rubbed off skin, so that is an issue that needs care when handling. Luckily the skin and the flesh are very close in color so the damage is subtle. I also thought she needed a haircut, not for length but for thickness. In typical "doll hair" fashion things were chopped off mostly all one length so the effect is too heavy, especially for curly/wavy hair. So I did a lot of thinning and especially thinned out the inner layers of hair. I used Dollfie products for the first time to restyle the hair--shampoo, water wax, and hair spray--and I like the products. I used both a wide tooth comb and a toothbrush to get the tangles and frizz out and get the curls back. Anyway, here are some pics:
View attachment 369403View attachment 369402View attachment 369401

2nd pic with book shows how great the figure turned out to be proportion and detail-wise

I've had mine for a couple of weeks now and I think this is a fantastic figure, now one of my faves. Mine needed a few tweaks to make it better, though. For some reason, mine came with the armor hanging quite low on the torso (it seems inconsistent from figure to figure with the pics so far from people), so I took it apart and discovered she was a C cup trying to squeeze into a B, which was causing the problem! :lol So a little "reduction surgery" later, and the cuirass now sits higher and more accurately. While manipulating and squeezing her into the armor I also ended up with spots of rubbed off skin, so that is an issue that needs care when handling. Luckily the skin and the flesh are very close in color so the damage is subtle. I also thought she needed a haircut, not for length but for thickness. In typical "doll hair" fashion things were chopped off mostly all one length so the effect is too heavy, especially for curly/wavy hair. So I did a lot of thinning and especially thinned out the inner layers of hair. I used Dollfie products for the first time to restyle the hair--shampoo, water wax, and hair spray--and I like the products. I used both a wide tooth comb and a toothbrush to get the tangles and frizz out and get the curls back. Anyway, here are some pics:

Awesome pics. How's the making of book? I have one on order.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... and the cuirass now sits higher and more accurately.
... So I did a lot of thinning and especially thinned out the inner layers of hair. I used Dollfie products for the first time to restyle the hair--shampoo, water wax, and hair spray--and I like the products. I used both a wide tooth comb and a toothbrush to get the tangles and frizz out and get the curls back. Anyway, here are some pics:
View attachment 369403

the low cuirass was bugging me, same as if the s-sheild or bat symbol sat at Adam West level.
this looks much better :clap

Trinity complete :yess:

2098DFCA-BB40-413A-BCF6-F9566EBCFE70.jpg

Mine finally shipped. I should have her no later than Monday! So excited! Haven't had a new figure since June, I'm freakin' starving!

Still no sign of her reaching the UK. By the time I finally complete the trinity most of the JL figures will probably be up for pre-order. HK all the way in future, even with the odd customs issue it's better than waiting forever.

Mine shipped out from SS on Tuesday night. It should arrive on Monday.:yess: I just hope someone is home to sign for her. :thud:

This is why I've started shipping my figures sometimes to my dad's house lol. My wife and I are often not home during the day so I've had to go on many quests to different package places to get my figures and I got tired of that. My dad is retired so he's always home to sign for a package.

Got mine yesterday and I opened the box and the hands were off. The wrist pegs don't even stay in the arms on mine. They just fall out. Anyone else have this issue?

I had a similar issue with my AOU Vision, but it was his feet wouldn’t stay in. It seemed the opening for the pegs were to large. They exchanged him for me.

I had a similar issue with my AOU Vision, but it was his feet wouldn’t stay in. It seemed the opening for the pegs were to large. They exchanged him for me.

Thank you. I'll see if I can get a replacement body. I wonder if maybe she has the wrong wrist pegs? Is that even possible?

Back