1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had mine for a couple of weeks now and I think this is a fantastic figure, now one of my faves. Mine needed a few tweaks to make it better, though. For some reason, mine came with the armor hanging quite low on the torso (it seems inconsistent from figure to figure with the pics so far from people), so I took it apart and discovered she was a C cup trying to squeeze into a B, which was causing the problem! :lol So a little "reduction surgery" later, and the cuirass now sits higher and more accurately. While manipulating and squeezing her into the armor I also ended up with spots of rubbed off skin, so that is an issue that needs care when handling. Luckily the skin and the flesh are very close in color so the damage is subtle. I also thought she needed a haircut, not for length but for thickness. In typical "doll hair" fashion things were chopped off mostly all one length so the effect is too heavy, especially for curly/wavy hair. So I did a lot of thinning and especially thinned out the inner layers of hair. I used Dollfie products for the first time to restyle the hair--shampoo, water wax, and hair spray--and I like the products. I used both a wide tooth comb and a toothbrush to get the tangles and frizz out and get the curls back. Anyway, here are some pics:
View attachment 369403View attachment 369402View attachment 369401

You did a phenomenal job addressing all the "fresh out of the box" issues associated with this figure. Will you please provide more info on the mods you made to body and suit? Yours looks incredibly movie accurate and the armor looks like it fits better at the waistline. How?

COZDlHlrHiBQ.jpg1Xhos9jWRami.jpg Also, I just want to thank everyone here who gave me guidance about how to work with this figure's often challenging rooted hair LOL!!!! From washing with appropriate cleaner, to tools (like a toothbrush), to wax (!!!!!) - these tips/suggestions really helped me. You can see/read more about my custom on that page, but I'm building a custom 1/6 scale Gal Gadot Diana Prince figure and I wouldn't have been able to get the sculpt and hair right without your help, so GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! Now, onto the right base body and outfit!!!!

View attachment 370409View attachment 370410 Also, I just want to thank everyone here who gave me guidance about how to work with this figure's often challenging rooted hair LOL!!!! From washing with appropriate cleaner, to tools (like a toothbrush), to wax (!!!!!) - these tips/suggestions really helped me. You can see/read more about my custom on that page, but I'm building a custom 1/6 scale Gal Gadot Diana Prince figure and I wouldn't have been able to get the sculpt and hair right without your help, so GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! Now, onto the right base body and outfit!!!!

Is this the Justice League casual wear figurine?

Is this the Justice League casual wear figurine?

Lol, no. I it's the BVS HTS WW sculpt. I just customized the hair peice (combo of the hair that comes with WW sculpt and hair from a Knock-off AOU Scarlet Witch head sculpt). It's for a Diana Prince bash.

View attachment 370409View attachment 370410 Also, I just want to thank everyone here who gave me guidance about how to work with this figure's often challenging rooted hair LOL!!!! From washing with appropriate cleaner, to tools (like a toothbrush), to wax (!!!!!) - these tips/suggestions really helped me. You can see/read more about my custom on that page, but I'm building a custom 1/6 scale Gal Gadot Diana Prince figure and I wouldn't have been able to get the sculpt and hair right without your help, so GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! Now, onto the right base body and outfit!!!!

Boobs are too small. :)

kztu22pmROys.jpg I did more hair futzing (waxed the end curls with toothbrush and while holding curls in place with brush, applied low temp heat). In proper light, you can see how close the hair colors are between the authentic HTS WW head sculpt's & the AOU SW knockoff's hair (the brown/blacks blend perfectly!!!! ). I'm really pleased because it's not easy for me to work with rooted hair. This is the first time I've ever been able to create something like this and this was tedious and time consuming (those with more skill; experience may find doing custom hair to be easy)!!!! IMO the customized hair/bangs bring out sculpt's facial features in a way that made the work worth it; instantly shows Gal Gadot (regardless of lighting or angel). Now my question is: How much is a parted out HTS WW nude body worth on second hand market (i.e., without costume)? I've seen a few on ebay with costume for $150+. But when nude - how much would you pay? More here if you want to comment directly https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...e-hot-toys-wonder-woman-custom-figures-6.html. Thanks. JD

Got her today, nice figure in hand. The only thing that was rough was the button for the shoulder strap button. The nub bends easy.

Not sure yet how I feel about the display. It's a custom acrylic case on top of three Detolfs I had bought for something else and used to run the MOS trio up there, which worked, but the position of the already dim dioders and the awkward positioning of the book ends and bases makes it difficult to get them setup decently. I may bail on the gargoyles and move Superman to a crotch grabber, in a standing pose.

IMG_8121.jpg

That's freaking incredible, DarthZevyn! I think you should keep it just like that because it appears the lights are coming upward from the city streets below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back