1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I disagree 100% with your opinion...
...Offense IS taken...
...This thread is about the Hot Toys Wonder Woman figure...
...these pics represent what I did with my figure. I post these to help others understand the elements of the sculpt better...
...this is my Hot Toys Wonder Woman figure and that's what this thread is ALL ABOUT...
I'm posting on this public forum about the product being discussed via this thread...
I'm sorry to hear you're offended by other users, but I'm not going to defend them, nor you. As you pointed out: it's their opinion, and you disagree. You seemed to take my previous observations of your photography very constructively (I'm the guy who talked about camera angles and lighting).
I hope you take this constructively too:
In my opinion, your figure has been customized in a way that it no longer represents Hot Toys Wonder Woman. The haircut really makes it look like an entirely different sculpt. It's not bad, just unique. Which is fine.
However, you are using a custom body and outfit. Which makes 90% of your figure not Hot Toys Wonder Woman.
I appreciate that you shared a link to your customs thread, and I like your custom Diana figure. It just no longer represents Hot Toys design of this version of Wonder Woman in my opinion. I think flooding this particular thread with your custom Diana pics is unnecessary. I believe others feel this way too, and that's why you're receiving such criticism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah honestly I just have a hard time imagining any version of Diana wearing an outfit like that, even in the comics.

I wouldn't mind seeing some Diana customs in here using that headsculpt, but at the very least I think it should be a look that we've actually seen her in, like maybe the one below. And it does look like there are some female office outfits out there that would work pretty well for it.

ggjjjjk.JPG

I'm sorry to hear you're offended by other users, but I'm not going to defend them, nor you. As you pointed out: it's their opinion, and you disagree. You seemed to take my previous observations of your photography very constructively (I'm the guy who talked about camera angles and lighting).
In my opinion, your figure has been customized in a way that it no longer represents Hot Toys Wonder Woman. The haircut really makes it look like an entirely different sculpt. It's not bad, just unique. Which is fine.
However, you are using a custom body and outfit. Which makes 90% of your figure not Hot Toys Wonder Woman.
I appreciate that you shared a link to your customs thread, and I like your custom Diana figure. It just no longer represents Hot Toys design of this version of Wonder Woman in my opinion. I think flooding this particular thread with your custom Diana pics is unnecessary. I believe others feel this way too, and that's why you're receiving such criticism.

100% agree with this.

It's one thing if you put a custom sculpt on it, or even use a custom body, but suit it back up to be WW. I don't even remotely see WW, nor Diana Prince at all in that figure. That's not to say it's bad, but I just think it's now completely into customs territory and nothing that even remotely resembles the intended figure of this thread, nor even her alter ego.

Personally, they don't bother me as I just skip past them, but the ones who it does bother, I do think they have a legitimate gripe.

:goodpost:

100% agree with this.

It's one thing if you put a custom sculpt on it, or even use a custom body, but suit it back up to be WW. I don't even remotely see WW, nor Diana Prince at all in that figure. That's not to say it's bad, but I just think it's now completely into customs territory and nothing that even remotely resembles the intended figure of this thread, nor even her alter ego.

Personally, they don't bother me as I just skip past them, but the ones who it does bother, I do think they have a legitimate gripe.

100% agree with this.

:exactly:

dursocapjr78 please start your own custom thread for the pics you are showing, and if you don't I hope a moderator will step in and remove or redirect your pics and posts for you. There is a place for what you want to share on the forum, but with what you are doing with your figure this isn't the right thread. I hope you can see that even the most reasonable members here agree and this isn't about saying that what you chose to do with your Hot Toys figure is bad, it is just not on topic of THIS thread. Start a thread called custom Wonder Woman in civilian clothes or something and you may have more fun anyway, particularly if there are other people on the board interested in such things. But regardless, this isn't the right thread for what you are sharing and I think because you are sharing so much that is off topic, and with such large pictures, it is understandably beginning to bother other members. I don't think that justified outright hostility toward you, but you can see now that it's not just those who reacted more aggressively toward your posts that think your posts are out of place with the topic of the thread. So please, take the advice of those who want you to know that you are as welcome as anyone here on the forum, but posting in appropriate threads goes a long way to help us all have a better time here together. Thank you.

dursocapjr78 please start your own custom thread for the pics you are showing, and if you don't I hope a moderator will step in and remove or redirect your pics and posts for you. There is a place for what you want to share on the forum, but with what you are doing with your figure this isn't the right thread. I hope you can see that even the most reasonable members here agree and this isn't about saying that what you chose to do with your Hot Toys figure is bad, it is just not on topic of THIS thread. Start a thread called custom Wonder Woman in civilian clothes or something and you may have more fun anyway, particularly if there are other people on the board interested in such things. But regardless, this isn't the right thread for what you are sharing and I think because you are sharing so much that is off topic, and with such large pictures, it is understandably beginning to bother other members. I don't think that justified outright hostility toward you, but you can see now that it's not just those who reacted more aggressively toward your posts that think your posts are out of place with the topic of the thread. So please, take the advice of those who want you to know that you are as welcome as anyone here on the forum, but posting in appropriate threads goes a long way to help us all have a better time here together. Thank you.

100% agree with this [emoji106]

I don't think that could have been put any more fairly. Great post.

P1060485.jpgI decided I didn't like the roughness of the supplied Lasso of Truth so I took an earlier poster's suggestion (I forgot who, but thanks for the idea! :hi5:) and bought a gold chain at my local Michael's. Just a cheap 30" gold plated snake chain, but I think it looks much nicer and has some real weight to it so it hangs better. I might cut off the tips from the stock lasso and modify it to fit but for now these ends look okay as they are subtle.

I also discovered while rewatching the BD that Gal has lots of layers in her hair, and chin length bangs (always perfectly styled, of course!). I knew something was bothering me about the hair even after I thinned it out and restyled it, so I separated out her "bangs" and cut them about collarbone length (cutting it exactly where you want it to fall will always make it too short). I put in more layers and blended the lengths with some of the surrounding locks and restyled it. I think I like it better, but the pics make the results look a little flat compared to in hand. I may have to rewash and style to get the look I want.
P1060481.jpgP1060480.JPG

Some more fun with posing. Thanks to the talented artist at deviantart (goxiii) for giving me the pose idea (I don't think it's an actual movie still from BVS). I think my hair mods work better with this kind of windblown look. The layers give it some lightness and "movement" (something I strive for in my own hair! :wink1:)
P1060471.JPGP1060469.JPGww bvs composite.jpg

Some different angles. The shot from the back also shows how the layers gives the hair volume without heaviness.
P1060477.JPGP1060476.JPGP1060479.JPG

It's kinda neat how tilting the head forward like that gives her a much more determined and "tough" expression, rather than the neutral and blank look from head on or when tilted up.

View attachment 371430I decided I didn't like the roughness of the supplied Lasso of Truth so I took an earlier poster's suggestion (I forgot who, but thanks for the idea! :hi5:) and bought a gold chain at my local Michael's. Just a cheap 30" gold plated snake chain, but I think it looks much nicer and has some real weight to it so it hangs better. I might cut off the tips from the stock lasso and modify it to fit but for now these ends look okay as they are subtle.

yeah... that looks great!

Some more fun with posing. Thanks to the talented artist at deviantart (goxiii) for giving me the pose idea (I don't think it's an actual movie still from BVS). I think my hair mods work better with this kind of windblown look. The layers give it some lightness and "movement" (something I strive for in my own hair! :wink1:)
View attachment 371431View attachment 371432

Some different angles. The shot from the back also shows how the layers gives the hair volume without heaviness.

It's kinda neat how tilting the head forward like that gives her a much more determined and "tough" expression, rather than the neutral and blank look from head on or when tilted up.

:clap I really like those first two pictures. It's a great action-ready pose, and although the camera's not picking it up well, I can kinda see what you were trying to do with the hair as far as lightness/layers. Also, I'm almost always a fan of tilting the head forward on figures- it creates some nice shadows that provide a little character and help hide the neutral expressions that HT is fond of using. Plus, the pose balances on its own without a stand! I'm waiting on the solo WW film figure, but I'm probably going to steal that pose (and the mods you've been doing). :hi5:

I disagree 100% with your opinion. And your comparing my figure to the type of movie mentioned IS DISGUSTING AND INCREADIBLY OFFENSIVE. Offense IS taken. Upon signing up for this forum I read the rules. One states "don't insult someone's pictures/post because you don't know how much hard work went into their presenting pics/post to this "public forum". This thread is about the Hot Toys Wonder Woman figure. I spent my money on my figure just like you did. And these pics represent what I did with my figure. I post these to help others understand the elements of the sculpt better. And I'll post more because again, this is my Hot Toys Wonder Woman figure and that's what this thread is ALL ABOUT. I don't care what anyone's cliched expectations are (for your knowledge, you can see plenty of pics of WW, Sup and Batman from other talented folks here on almost every page). So if you have a problem with the pictures I'm posting on this public forum about the product being discussed via this thread - too bad. Go home and cry to your mother.

That's fine - I'm just stating how I feel about your photos in the Hot Toys Wonder Woman thread. As others pointed out a bit more tactfully, the figure you're posting is beyond Hot Toys Wonder Woman. I definitely did over step the mark in describing how your photos make me feel scrolling down the page seeing more of them than actual Wonder Woman, but it is genuinely how I feel, and I'm sure how others do also. I'm not taking away the work you put into it, I'm personally not into it, but that's not to say others aren't. My point was to keep them to a custom thread so that people whom enjoy a heavily customised piece using one aspect of a Hot Toys figure can help you, comment and appreciate.

When you were first posting your pictures I tried to be helpful and advised you how to rotate and input actual pictures into your posts which helped you, you've just sort of gone overblown in posting the same pictures, which, I would argue, do not help others understand the sculpt better - and more than that, over the recent pages there's been more picture of your customisation rather than of the actual Hot Toys Wonder Woman. Maybe it's being blunt, but after the nth time of pictures that I don't feel people find comfortable with in this thread I wanted to say something, I did say it too rude so apologies, mate.

Does anybody know if they're showcasing the cloaked version at NYCC? I'm still hoping they're gonna release that one for pre-order. It's so hard not to just buy the BvS version haha

Back