1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did more hair futzing (waxed the end curls with toothbrush and while holding curls in place with brush, applied low temp heat). In proper light, you can see how close the hair colors are between the authentic HTS WW head sculpt's & the AOU SW knockoff's hair (the brown/blacks blend perfectly!!!! ). I'm really pleased because it's not easy for me to work with rooted hair. This is the first time I've ever been able to create something like this and this was tedious and time consuming (those with more skill; experience may find doing custom hair to be easy)!!!! IMO the customized hair/bangs bring out sculpt's facial features in a way that made the work worth it; instantly shows Gal Gadot (regardless of lighting or angel). Now my question is: How much is a parted out HTS WW nude body worth on second hand market (i.e., without costume)? I've seen a few on ebay with costume for $150+. But when nude - how much would you pay? More here if you want to comment directly https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...e-hot-toys-wonder-woman-custom-figures-6.html. Thanks. JD

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282688428401

s-l1600 (6).jpg

Had some time. so I'm using my spare WW as a guinea pig and trying some more tweaking on the hair, trying to give it a cross between the WW and JL hair style
sorry for the bad background, was moving things around in my room :lol

Sorry for the distortion but the lighting was horrible when I took these

URL=https://s270.photobucket.com/user/guyver12/media/CGal%20Wonder/8286fff4-1555-49e7-97e5-7f2e2293ec1d.jpg.html]
8286fff4-1555-49e7-97e5-7f2e2293ec1d.jpg
[/URL]

Had some time. so I'm using my spare WW as a guinea pig and trying some more tweaking on the hair, trying to give it a cross between the WW and JL hair style
sorry for the bad background, was moving things around in my room :lol

Sorry for the distortion but the lighting was horrible when I took these

URL=https://s270.photobucket.com/user/guyver12/media/CGal%20Wonder/8286fff4-1555-49e7-97e5-7f2e2293ec1d.jpg.html]
8286fff4-1555-49e7-97e5-7f2e2293ec1d.jpg
[/URL]

These (styles) are great. I love how you're able to make it go from an "in the middle of a fight" look to a "relaxed" look so easily. It's almost like sculpted-rooted hair!!!!

Got mine today. Not the best sculpt (really depends on the angle), but still a cool figure. I really like the hair and body.

WW1.jpg
WW2.jpg

Woohoo, it took an eternity, but I finally got myself a WW today. Not much to say that hasn't already been said (I definitely noticed the very loose wrist pegs on it), but despite whatever faults it has it's still a very cool looking figure. :)

I tried styling the hair a bit but haven't had much time yet to do all that much yet.

20171010_195539 (549x950).jpg

20171010_195615 (589x950).jpg

20171010_223854 (557x950).jpg

20171010_195516 (521x950).jpg

Woohoo, it took an eternity, but I finally got myself a WW today. Not much to say that hasn't already been said (I definitely noticed the very loose wrist pegs on it), but despite whatever faults it has it's still a very cool looking figure. :)

I tried styling the hair a bit but haven't had much time yet to do all that much yet.

View attachment 370904

View attachment 370905

View attachment 370906

View attachment 370907

Looks like yours came with good hair right out of the box! Ur lucky. Congratulations!!!!

Well, while watching last night's opening episode of The Flash, I saw the commercial advertisement for Justice League. Yes this movie could be another B-ish film like BVS or Suicide Squad. But since DCEU raised the bar so high for WW, I'm hoping it's an A+ because it looks really good. I swore I didn't need and wouldn't buy any more figures from this line (of characters I already have) but after seeing the commercial I changed my mind!!!! When does the Justice League WW pre-order begin????

View attachment 370904

View attachment 370905

View attachment 370906

View attachment 370907

great pictures Dave ,did you repaint the lips ,they look a little fuller on your than ive noticed , seems to bring out the likeness a little more

View attachment 370904

View attachment 370905

View attachment 370906

View attachment 370907

Whoa she looks magnificent! Such a simple yet elegant pose, I hope I can get mine to look like that when she gets here. I'd always thought she looked better with the hair pushed back but whatever you've done there just works.

This Knock-off is good. Honestly I'm surprised we haven't seen more Knock-off sculpts of Gadot without the crown. But I only like using KO's for practice purposes when making my custom figures. I prefer the Hot Toys sculpt for the final figure (no matter how challenging they are to work with). The more I study pictures of Gal Gadot's facial features, hair et, the (more grateful I am she was chosen to play WW!!!!) happier I am with giving my D. Prince bangs. I'm still working on it though. Getting the hair right is CHALLENGING (adding the correct amounts of product A or product B). Also, I saw another customized HTS BVS WW sculpt where the tiara was removed, the crevice was replaced with a quick drying plastic and painted to match the forehead!!!! It looked amazing but I do not own those kinds of skills!!!! Lol. Anyway, more here: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...e-hot-toys-wonder-woman-custom-figures-7.html
unnamed.jpglslW8odwUMrf.jpgacmtb3eY4Sch.jpg

I was thinking of getting that new KO HS and transplanting my first KO hair with this new KO head. I know this sounds like a mouthful of nonsense..but it’s worked for me before :wink1:

Transplanted hair from a KO on a custom HS

What do you guys think? Should I try it with WW

I was thinking of getting that new KO HS and transplanting my first KO hair with this new KO head. I know this sounds like a mouthful of nonsense..but it’s worked for me before :wink1:

Transplanted hair from a KO on a custom HS

What do you guys think? Should I try it with WW

Do it! It's fun if it's your thing! I used to only collect KOs and as a result learned better how to work with sculpts in general. eo2Fc0cmM8U3.jpg

Back