Hot Toys Christopher Reeve DX Superman petition.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Superman outfit is kinda innately ridiculous. Theres no getting away from that but at the same time if you change it too much its not Superman anymore. IMO, and this is where it seems many would disagree with me, the changes in the Routh costume were minor ones only intended to create a more present-day (noughties) aesthetic. The Reeve suit looked fine in the 70s I'm sure but thereafter every kid was able to get a set of tight pyjamas in any bargain shop clothes store that looked pretty much as good in terms of the surface texture and the colours. Routh's suit looks like it has a less easily imitated material and the deeper colours just look better to me. I don't know why, just fashion I guess. The smaller S and the shorter boots etc were perhaps changes that didn't need to be made but I don't have a problem with them.

So yeah I do think Reeve in the Routh suit would be cool. But obviously in reality Reeve wore the suit that he wore and even I know that thats what the figure should be.

I would love it if HT's would include the American flag as a background like they have been doing with some of the new figures.

I'd rather have the Fortress as a background and incorporated into an element in the base like the Iron Man, Terminators or Joker DX.

The Superman outfit is kinda innately ridiculous. Theres no getting away from that but at the same time if you change it too much its not Superman anymore. IMO, and this is where it seems many would disagree with me, the changes in the Routh costume were minor ones only intended to create a more present-day (noughties) aesthetic. The Reeve suit looked fine in the 70s I'm sure but thereafter every kid was able to get a set of tight pyjamas in any bargain shop clothes store that looked pretty much as good in terms of the surface texture and the colours. Routh's suit looks like it has a less easily imitated material and the deeper colours just look better to me. I don't know why, just fashion I guess. The smaller S and the shorter boots etc were perhaps changes that didn't need to be made but I don't have a problem with them.

So yeah I do think Reeve in the Routh suit would be cool. But obviously in reality Reeve wore the suit that he wore and even I know that thats what the figure should be.

And, what?

That is how the character was shown in the movie of it's era and how the figure should be made.

The Adam West Batman outfit is hokey as hell, but I would buy a figure of it in heartbeat :duh

And, what?

That is how the character was shown in the movie of it's era and how the figure should be made.

And nothing. I was expanding on things I'd said on previous pages.

And I agree it should be made how it was, slightly dated looking though it may be.

Superman the Movie is still my favorite comic book film, so I'll get this one, no problem. I think I'll put it next to my Don Corleone.

I say they go the godfather route.
Have a fortress dio with a crystal panel and fortress base with an engraved nameplate.

He is one of dream figure, I wish Hot Toys will release him in their deluxe line.

And, what?

The Adam West Batman outfit is hokey as hell, but I would buy a figure of it in heartbeat :duh

:lecture

Man, I might kill for a Hot Toys Adam West Batman.:stake

:D

Wasn't an Adam West Batman announced by some Asian company a while back? I have the vaguest recollection of seeing something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back