Hot Toys Christopher Reeve DX Superman petition.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank for that translation Jun!!

So they're producing this figure.. but who said it was a DX?? Or is that just wishful thinking at this point?

I think this thread was originally started to try and convince Hot Toys to produce a Reeve Superman, and the OP asked for a DX because at that time every sentence on these boards had to feature the letters 'DX'.

Part of the article wasn't translated:
milkarticle.jpg

I predict this figure will outsell ANY and all currently released HT figures!

(gonna be huge, this is one you're gonna HAVE to preorder)

HT is the best, i know they're gonna make a Zod and a black robe Jor-el, i just know it.

/giggles like a girl

HT is the best, i know they're gonna make a Zod and a black robe Jor-el, i just know it.

/giggles like a girl

I totally agree.
Plus I think they should save the plastic on those Tron figures

/giggles like a girl

They'd better make Zod. I actually want a good Terrance Stamp Zod (not too happy with Mattel's) more than the Chris Reeve Superman.

I feel bad for HT on this one. If the head sculpt isn't a shrunk down Reeves they will never hear the end of it. Ever. There is almost 300 pages of _____ing about the Alien. That is no where near level of _____ing that will come from this figure.

I feel bad for HT on this one. If the head sculpt isn't a shrunk down Reeves they will never hear the end of it. Ever. There is almost 300 pages of _____ing about the Alien. That is no where near level of _____ing that will come from this figure.

Well so it should be if the likeness ends up being off. The whiners are quite possibly the ones who bring these flaws to HT's attention leading to successful reworkings. Look at Marcus Wright and Blade. Now its conceivable that HT were already aware that those initial portraits weren't quite right but fan reaction would have reinforced their suspicions leading them to resculpt. We shouldn't just accept everything thats thrown our way all for the sake of not coming across like a moaner.

I think what he is kinda saying is, even if it looks awesome, there will still be whiners.

Just translated it. Definitely not a hoax, unless they lied to the Magazine reporters.

01 - J.C Hong says that Yulli & a group of Korean artistes actually have very high level of standards when it comes to head sculpts. Many at times, even though the product has already been approved by the movie company, they (Yulli) will still request to improve the product further.
J.C Hong: If I allow them to take a year or half time to produce a headsculpt, the end result will definitely be very good. But if we are working at such a pace, we will only be able to produce 1 to 3 1/6 products a year. This will not be possible? Under allowable circumstances, we will do our best in the limited time frame, to make every product to a most satisfactory level.

02 - Howard says that in 2010 the MMS series from Hot Toys will release a series of 1/6 collectibles based on classic movies. What they can reveal now it that a Christopher Reeves Superman & the 1982 Movie Tron are in the works. They are also planning 1/6 products for a series of upcoming blockbusters films. The year 2010 will not be an easy one.

This is so incredibly awesome!!! :banana:banana:banana

Great to see more confirmation... but like others have said this will be a long wait. I would guess SDCC; or some other large venue will be chosen for a reveal.

And have to agree with Oscorp... this is one you will want to pre-order early. It might not sell out before it ships, but onces its out I can see it becoming quite scarce and expensive on the secondary market.

Just look at the TDK Begins suit... it quickly shot up to $300-$400. I could see a Reeve Superman becoming a grail item.

Do you guys think DCD will distribute in the US?

Yes, based on the fact that they've started distributing other Reeve Superman/ Keaton Batman items, but this is just my opinion. I also think Hot Toys would not want to make it unless DCD was distributing.

I've noticed the price of the 2 in 1 has been dropping. Hmm, to flip, or not to flip, that is the question...? I know it's a great figure in its own right, but if the HT Reeve is really spectacular, and comes in a 2 in 1 as rumoured, then I can see the original losing $$$$ fast. And then however much you like it you're left with an inferior version alongside a superior one - do you know what I mean?

I personally just started collecting HT with the DX Joker,so I missed out on the Returns stuff,but the 2 in 1 looks like a decent,more comic booky figure.So,I'd wait until you see Reeve to decide.

Yes, based on the fact that they've started distributing other Reeve Superman/ Keaton Batman items, but this is just my opinion. I also think Hot Toys would not want to make it unless DCD was distributing.

I've noticed the price of the 2 in 1 has been dropping. Hmm, to flip, or not to flip, that is the question...? I know it's a great figure in its own right, but if the HT Reeve is really spectacular, and comes in a 2 in 1 as rumoured, then I can see the original losing $$$$ fast. And then however much you like it you're left with an inferior version alongside a superior one - do you know what I mean?

Well you'll have the "returns version" of Supes. It's still a good figure but i'd keep it and then just buy Reeves supes anyway.

A Routh Supes is still a great figure to have even after a Reeve Supes comes out, but I too can see the price of the Returns figures coming down.

I'm still hoping that WB keeps Routh on for a new movie, but sadly I doubt that will happen

A Routh Supes is still a great figure to have even after a Reeve Supes comes out, but I too can see the price of the Returns figures coming down.

I'm still hoping that WB keeps Routh on for a new movie, but sadly I doubt that will happen

I agree man, I like routh as supes despite ppl saying hes just copying reeves, i agree but, i still like him ;)

And i sadly agree that they wont keep him either :(

This will be one figure I wil definitely pre-order from some major site in addition to my in hand eBay purchase. Taking no chances here.

This will be one figure I wil definitely pre-order from some major site in addition to my in hand eBay purchase. Taking no chances here.

Ditto. I'm definitely buying two of this one. No way I'm leaving this to chance. Plus you KNOW a year later that thing is going to explode in value like OC Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back