Hot Toys Christopher Reeve DX Superman petition.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have missed the rest of that article, because I remember mention of Rocky and Rambo, but not that DX was specifically for revisiting old figures.

Well when I said DX it was just speculating.
I think the figure will be more like MJ Thriller or Marcus, were it's almost two figures in one, but it's not a DX

I just want to add if I'm right you could display it with both Clark and Superman's outfit.
You could have the suit underneath with Clark's outfit over the top, and have him opening up the shirt and jacket revealing the S.

I love how whenever there is a new figure being released it has to be a DX. When hot toys first announced the DX line they said it would be specifically for going back and redoing past figures with the best tailoring/painting/sculpting and technology. So a reeves superman would have to be released as a MMS before a DX would even be released.

This was always my understanding as well.

Whatever the case, the moving eyes would never be a deal maker or breaker for me. I guess it would be a nice addition, but not essential by any means. Having extra clothes and head for Kent would be nice, though. Wanting every single figure to be a DX is fine I guess, but not particularly reasonable to expect.

I just want to add if I'm right you could display it with both Clark and Superman's outfit.
You could have the suit underneath with Clark's outfit over the top, and have him opening up the shirt and jacket revealing the S.

That would be so incredibly RAD!!! :rock:rock:rock

That means it would have to have a removeable cape though right?

Wouldn't want that personally, as HT would likely use velcro, which is notoriously poor quality.

I just want two outfits, although to further your point, perhaps include an extra Supes undershirt for the CK gear for that option.

That means it would have to have a removeable cape though right?

Wouldn't want that personally, as HT would likely use velcro, which is notoriously poor quality.

I just want two outfits, although to further your point, perhaps include an extra Supes undershirt for the CK gear for that option.

That's what they did for the Returns CK. If we go by what HT have done previously, what makes most sense financially is for them to do a bare bones MMS figure, then a Clark Kent figure with an extra Superman head that is in some way desirable - eg the first could have a neutral expression, the second could have a determined expression. I wouldn't mind this if it meant loads of accessories for Kent - hat, coat, copy of Daily Planet, S logo undershirt. But the rumour at the moment is for a 2 in 1.

This is the one figure where I don't care how many versions they produce, I'll buy anything and everything as long as I get my perfect Reeve superman.

715io12.gif

:rotfl

I apologise for my views. :monkey3 My thinking is that the old costume doesn't quite match up with modern sensibilities for the superhero outfit and the figure may look at odds with my other superhero figures because of it. However, I don't really care, as a standalone piece this will hopefully be unbeatable.

But yeah, pics of this can't come soon enough.

I apologise for my views. :monkey3 My thinking is that the old costume doesn't quite match up with modern sensibilities for the superhero outfit and the figure may look at odds with my other superhero figures because of it. However, I don't really care, as a standalone piece this will hopefully be unbeatable.

Hey, don't do that! If we didn't all have different views this would be a monologue not a thread. I can definitely see that the movies have dated when it comes to the special FX and the villains were always dated. Not to mention 'Can you read my mind' (so let's not mention it again). But Reeve's performance transcends the time in which it was made, and actually, effects aside, it's still one of the most perfect depictions of 'Americana' ever put on screen.

That's the reason why I thought Routh's superman didn't really stand a chance. Not only did he had to portray an iconic superhero character, he had to try to get out of the shadow of Reeve's performance.
As much as I love the original movie, I wish Singer had enough guts to move out of it's shadows and tried a new story and not use old movie elements to bolster his new movie. I would have loved to have seen a Luthor who was a brilliant scientist instead of a land grubbing hustler.

Yeah don't apologise it's all in good humour.
You are entitled to like the costume you want.
In defence of the Reeve's suit, it really is the perfect example of the classic Superman suit, which for me never looks out of date

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/VpMBrpjM1Hw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/VpMBrpjM1Hw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
christopher_reeve_superman.jpg

love the superman tribute post dude

reeves has just come straight out of the comic books he is just perfect!!!

I would love it if HT's would include the American flag as a background like they have been doing with some of the new figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back