Hot Toys Christopher Reeve DX Superman petition.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I chose to sculpt this version based on the balcony scene with Margot, it was scene specific, I felt it to be one of the most memorable parts of the movie. sculpt still in works
IMG_28812-1-1.jpg
[/IMG]

incredible!....:chew

I'd been thinking about doing a custom Reeve.., now I don't have to(Thank you HT!).
Scanning back over the last few pages, I've noticed quite a bit of speculation about where this might go, and believe I can sort out some of it, particularly regarding a Hackman Luthor. Simply put, it won't happen. When the films were released, DC wanted to print comic adaptations , but were unable because Hackman wouldn't authorize the use of his likeness. They did do #4, but used their own character image to get around him. Pity. I agree(hope) that they'll do Zod, since HT would get him right, even down to the trim. Jor-El in black... they've already got the sculpt, and have a history of "multiple issues"with certain characters(and the black outfit is so much cooler than the white)...PS

I got the white Jor-El, but I'd by a black version w/ crystal sceptre in a heartbeat.

That goes without saying for Reeves Superman. Can't hardly wait for that announcement.

I got the white Jor-El, but I'd by a black version w/ crystal sceptre in a heartbeat.

That goes without saying for Reeves Superman. Can't hardly wait for that announcement.

Heck, I'd re-buy the white version with the corrected S:tmp "S" shield. Or better yet, a DX with both and different expressions on the Brando head sculpt. Unfortunately Jor-El didn't really change his expression much.

I'd like to have the crystal mask version of Brando too.

Heck, I'd re-buy the white version with the corrected S:tmp "S" shield. Or better yet, a DX with both and different expressions on the Brando head sculpt. Unfortunately Jor-El didn't really change his expression much.

I'd like to have the crystal mask version of Brando too.

I would buy all of the above with crystal accessories...

please HT c'mon!

I totally forgot about crystals coming with these figures. Make it happen HT.

https://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad83/chrisdodd1957/14.jpgHi would you guys be happy with this type of body? , its the Rocky muscle body with for some reason Clubers legs ,or would you prefer the slimer type that represents the early part of the movie ,with maybe a lighter blue for costume ,and boots ,which way do you think Hottoys should go? ,solid sculpt on pegs,like Rocky ,or soft rubber ,like Superman returns

I've been reading this thread with a lot interest has a collector of HT 1:6 figures- I am looking forward to CR Superman when HT does eventually produce it. I'd like to share some pics of my custom CR Superman and Hackman Luthor. I've had these for awhile and the Superman figure was done on Tru-Type body so it may be an approximation of what the HT figure may eventually look like. Spencer did both of the figures.

A wolverine / new Terminator body might be ok ? I agree with you though Superman has got to last.

Yes, that's exactly what it needs, I think. Though I'm pretty sure they'll use the bodies they sent as preview gifts to HK vIP members. They'll probably add a rubber chest/neck piece (as I think the head will be a separate one, just like all their other figs) ant that will be great! :D

I've been reading this thread with a lot interest has a collector of HT 1:6 figures- I am looking forward to CR Superman when HT does eventually produce it. I'd like to share some pics of my custom CR Superman and Hackman Luthor. I've had these for awhile and the Superman figure was done on Tru-Type body so it may be an approximation of what the HT figure may eventually look like. Spencer did both of the figures.

Wow! I already knew the Superman by Spencer, and I'd seen the Luthor head, but the outfit that goes with him is just awesome! Perfect Hackman/Luthor! :google

https://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad83/chrisdodd1957/14.jpgHi would you guys be happy with this type of body? , its the Rocky muscle body with for some reason Clubers legs ,or would you prefer the slimer type that represents the early part of the movie ,with maybe a lighter blue for costume ,and boots ,which way do you think Hottoys should go? ,solid sculpt on pegs,like Rocky ,or soft rubber ,like Superman returns

I think that looks outstanding proportion-wise. One thing you must acknowledge about Reeve is he has way long legs and a short torso. Difficult to achieve on a standard body but I guess it depends on how SA you're prepared to be. The boots on that custom are teriffic also...

https://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad83/chrisdodd1957/16.jpgThanks for kind words about the figure its a kit bash from parts i got off a guy called Kris Meadows about 13 years ago ,his work is great ,hes realy ____ about his work ,the costume is made pretty much the same way as the movie costume ,tights seperate ,shirt and trunks as one peice cape attached with straps under the arms costume was made for the big bulky mego body ,so its not a bad fit on the muscle body ,with a little padding here and there to balance the upperbody to the legs ,but his atention to detail realy paid off,the boots are made from strech pleather i added some inside soles to give them more of a boot shape .On a side note i sent some boots and a head to a member here called Ultrajack ,he was working on a Chris Superman and he made some great improvements to the sculpt and a real nice pair of rubber boots ,i havent hear from him in 5 months never got my stuff back ,anyone know what happened to him or how to contact him ,i had some photos of his ajustments they were great ,if ive still got them i will post them cheers

Wonderful custom.

I want a highly articulated Superman, I don't want a fragile, unposeable 'muscle body' Superman. I'd take Superman on a standard Truetype. I also don't care about seeing a neck joint. I want to be able to pick this thing up and pose it in a punch up with a Mattel (or hopefully HT) General Zod.

I'd like to see the chest/neck done like Wolverine since that's so open. But Reeve was built about the same as Routh - the same body would be fine for him. Although if he could be a bit taller I'd buy an extra to move the SR over onto as well. With Reeve at 6'4" and Routh at 6'5" they should be a bit taller than the other HT figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back