Hot Toys Christopher Reeve DX Superman petition.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess, the article was a slip of the tongue, out of excitement. It will still probably happen or announced but not until next year's SDCC. Mattel gets their chance to release the CR superman near December (similar to what happened with Zod). 6 months will pass, enough time for Mattel to get their line established (with a Luthor figure) and then HT offers a higher end product at a different price level than Mattel's.

Honestly, I don't mind waiting a year as long as I know HT will do it for a certainty. Because I know it will be worth the wait because of HT's level of detail. I was initially planning on getting two but I think I will buy Mattel's to get something, at least. Then buy HT's version for it's quality.

That is at least what I am hoping for. As long as it doesn't get cancelled due to loss of licensing rights. It's better than nothing.

Hope it's a Mark V with suit case and racing uniform. I mean they already did a Mark IV and a Mark VI. It'd only make sense to make a Mark V.

The Mark V is coming regardless. HT already released "in-progress" pics of it. Now whether or not it's a regular MMS release or a DX (04 or beyond) is another matter. But that figure IS coming.

Iron02.jpg

I'm praying for the HT DX treatment here... But I don't see it happening today.

Meanwhile, least we have this guy until we get as HT version!
The sculpt is decent and I reckon it'd be improved with paint!
SDCC10_day1_212.jpg

Facebook is going nuts for a CR Superman DX
HTFacebook.jpg

theres gonna be alot of disappointed people and possibly some backlash if reeves superman isnt dx04 after all thsi. but if thats the case it may force hot toys to look into doing him next anyway

you guys are gonna be dissapointed. Hot toys talked about the DX line when it first came out and said it would be used to take on existing characters. I bet the DX 04 is a battle damaged t-800, but with all of the support for a CR superman i gaurantee hot toys will make him

you guys are gonna be dissapointed. Hot toys talked about the DX line when it first came out and said it would be used to take on existing characters. I bet the DX 04 is a battle damaged t-800, but with all of the support for a CR superman i gaurantee hot toys will make him

:exactly: I doubt it is Superman but I bet it gets done eventually.

Great to see the demand and I'd love a revamped HT Superman :) But it won't be happening today...it's got to be the BD T-800 from T2 or an Iron Man (please be T-800).

I don't get why lots of ppl are saying it will be the Mark V. Didn't the newsletter say two headsculpts with PERS? I only see that one needing one being the Tony head. And with the BD T-800, what other head is there to do beside one battle damaged head? I'm hoping that it's reeves as he is my ultimate favorite but I have a feeling it's not, but I don't think it will be the others either.

from hot toys:

Thanks very much for the guess by fans on DX04! A few fans have got it right and here is one more evident clue for the final guess!

The following unprecedented artist cast reveals how much emphasis Hot Toys has put on this project, which shall give fans more solid hints on what this collectible figure is!

Hot Toys is going to proudly present the strongest ARTIST CREW of the MMS DX04 1/6th scale Collectible Figure!

Artists Cast:
- Head Sculpted by Yulli
- Body Sculpted by Noh Sung Woon & Kouhei Okui
- Painted by JC Hong
- Head & Body Art Directed by JC Hong & Kojun
- Costume Made by Lim Young Jin
- Accessory Sculpted by Cha Tae Jin
- Product Designed by Monster Jr., Hazel Lee & Ray Ling
- Backdrop Designed by Monster Jr. & Fung Wong

Curious you? One more thing, the DX04 will also come with a newly sculpted muscular body!

Can't wait? The DX04 is coming and pre-order will start very soon! Stay tuned!
[/I][/I]

a newly sculpted muscular body wouldnt be needed for reeve so now im really doubting it will be him :(

well with a Reeve a new body would be needed if you wanted it accurate, BUT I honestly see this being the battle damaged t-800 with exposed body

Yeah me too. I REALLY want it to be Reeves or Keaton, but I'm leaning towards it being the battle damaged Terms. Not that there's any problem with that, but c'mon, give us our Supes love!
If it's not ANY of those = completely unnacceptable on every level with the amount of demand people are giving! Give what we want, not what YOU want to give HT!

Still hoping for a Superman... he would require a new muscular body as I don't think either the Terminator or Comedian/Wolverine style would work for Reeve.

Well, I more and more believe it might be Superman!

Come on, "awaited for years", "greatest team ever put together", "new muscle body"... who else could it be?

No need for a new muscle body for Terminator, Avatar isn't an old movie...

the only other character that might qualify are Spiderman (but he is already anounced) or the Hulk (could be a snarling hs and a reg hs), but truly? Superman remains the best choice, with a Fortress of Solitude backdrop!

Well, I more and more believe it might be Superman!

Come on, "awaited for years", "greatest team ever put together", "new muscle body"... who else could it be?

No need for a new muscle body for Terminator, Avatar isn't an old movie...

the only other character that might qualify are Spiderman (but he is already anounced) or the Hulk (could be a snarling hs and a reg hs), but truly? Superman remains the best choice, with a Fortress of Solitude backdrop!

Superman logo wasn't even in the Hot Toys catalogue brochure for 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back